[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Western Millennial Men retreating from Society towards

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: 1497045479182.jpg (35KB, 632x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497045479182.jpg
35KB, 632x720px
Why are Western Millennial Men retreating from Society towards Video Games?
>>
File: 0a4[3].png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
0a4[3].png
129KB, 724x611px
>>37611517

Society:
>Better get to work, wagecuck!
>What do you mean our baby looks too dark? What are you accusing me of? I'm getting a divorce, and you better pay child support for the next 18 years for Chads - I mean, our - baby!
>Didn't pay your TV licensing fees? Expand your anus for Mustafa, anon!

Video Games:
>None of the above things
>>
dreamers don't fight, they dream
so chads run amok in reality creating a society that is basically unlivable in any kind of dignified and pleasurable sense shitting their beds so hard that even they are starting to notice the stink
and they have to stop just short of actually murdering the beta dreamers because of pesky laws
so the dreamers create virtual fantasies of such phantasmagorical appeal that even the chads start to fall into them
>>
>remove incentives for a group
>group changes behaviour to respond to lack of incentives
>>
File: 1496020817037.jpg (43KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
1496020817037.jpg
43KB, 480x471px
>>37611517
bideo games provide an environment where your hard work and time investment can pay off

unlike reality which is increasingly rigged against you in every way, unless you born lucky to the 10% of society
>>
>>37612058
>bideo games provide an environment where your hard work and time investment can pay off

This is really it. Reality is kind of BS
>>
>>37611517
That's me when I graduate lmao
>>
Immersing myself in a fictional world is much better than facing my own shitty reality.
>>
>>37612058

Really good point, actually.

All those workplace organizational scientist people point out the need for near-term (if not immediate) and meaningful reward for work and effort in order for people to feel motivated to give their best. Recognition pays off.

You won't find that in modern society much. But in a game, fuck, games are designed with that in mind.
>>
>>37611517
Because society has given up on them, and they've simply found a better alternative.
>>
File: 1489881251587.png (690KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1489881251587.png
690KB, 850x464px
>>37611517

Because of
>Impending automation, so getting a decent job doesn't really matter
>Chaos will most likely ensue as a result of automation
>Rampant degeneracy in western culture
>Concentration of wealth at a tiny majority
>Unless you're an extrovert you'll never find a partner or friends

Life is finite so why not live out your life in a perfect fantasy world away from the chaos of reality?
>>
We didn't retreat. We were pushed out.
>>
>>37612281
>>Impending automation, so getting a decent job doesn't really matter

I doubt the majority of jobs will be automated within our lifetime
>>
>>37612493
50% of jobs are at risk of automation.
Barely any new jobs will be created because it is automated by software.

It only takes like 20-40 software engineers to automate certain jobs and put 1000s out of work.
>>
>>37612558
>50% of jobs are at risk of automation.
Those kinds of statistics are made up by analysts who don't have a particularly rich understanding of computers.
>>
>>37612493
>I doubt the majority of jobs will be automated within our lifetime
Oh you have no idea how wrong you truly are OP. To make sum up such a wide topic briefly, any job that does not require specialization, human hands, or communication skills can (and most likely will) be replaced by artificial intelligence in the next few decades.
>>
Its ffucking groundhod day on r9k.

Same shit day in day out its all the fucking same!
>>
>>37612601

Backed up by a lot of sources.

Drivers are already at risk of automation, and around 3,000,000 people in the US work in transport. So that is 1% of the US jobs getting automated within the next 5-10 years, and that's just the tip of the iceberg
>>
>>37611558
>TV licensing

Britbongs truly live in a dystopian world
>>
>>37612611

It's groundhog day all across the Western world, dude.

Same shit. Same social bleating, same politicians, same people and institutions getting richer and same majority getting poorer, same bleary days bleeding over into the next again and again, the dystopian treadmill turning over and over. The future was never a boot stamping on a human face. The future's a giant mixing bowl where all the taste drains out after it reaches a boil.
>>
>>37612746

You don't have to pay it, although if you don't they'll keep sending you letters stating that they will sue you or some shit if you don't get a tv license.

I've been getting those letters for 3 years now.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>tfw live in cyberpunk dystopia RIGHT NOW
>>
>>37611953
Dreamers are the only ones with a reason to fight. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>37613432

>tfw there aren't even any good noodle bars to go to to escape the dystopia for lunch
>>
>>37613534
they might have a reason to, but the dreams suffice, so they never do
all battles are fought by spiteful fools and their desperate toadies, later gussied up by imaginative writers
>>
>>37613568
False, there's a really good Japanese place by my house
>>
>>37613788

Feel free to open a franchise in the DC area.

Every Asian place around here is run by Hispanics and is utter shit, or it caters to the political crowd and costs high three or four digits for dinner.
>>
>>37611517
>Why are Western Millennial Men retreating from Society towards Video Games?

No real incentive to do otherwise.
>>
>>37612723
wait until they start killing whole families and the company has just opened itself up to a huge insurance bill. A human can swerve at the last second, a robot will probably plow right through a kids bus because its sensor broke mid drive.
>>
Millenial Women expect men to be perfect while being far from. Thanks, Feminism!
>>
>>37613885
>implying a self-driving car would have only one sensor
do you really think self-driving cars wouldn't be able to communicate and collude with each other wirelessly on top of utilizing the dozens of sensors manufacturers will pack into them?
>>
>>37613885
>A human can swerve at the last second

Is that why there are no traffic accidents OH WAIT you luddite fool
>>
File: disapointment.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
disapointment.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>37611558
>Not making your own business
>Not creating an inner circle of people who sympathies with your plights
>Not creating a literal common man's underworld/black market setup

If you want to succeed, you need to think outside the fucking box instead of being complacent with your fate faggot.
>>
>>37611558
TV licensing fee???
>>
>>37614747
if you're so smart how about you teach this 19-year-old college robot how to do this instead of making vague statements accompanied by meme arrows?
>>
>>37614798
Your on the internet smart ass. You have unlimited resources at your fingertips. The information you desire is a quick search and click away. It's not my job to look after you.

And if your in college, even better. You should be used to this.
>>
>>37613885
How many times have humans done that this year? Last 10 years? We can't learn without mistakes, but with computers, eventually there won't be mistakes.
>>
>>37614910
>We can't learn without mistakes
>but with computers, eventually there won't be mistakes
>>
>>37614747
>>37614841
>Just start your own business! Remember to tuck your shirt in and give a firm handshake!
>>
>>37614954
>Remember to tuck your shirt in and give a firm handshake.

What exactly do you think a business is? If you believe that stereotype applies to all businesses, then you need to take a step back and reassess what a business is.
>>
>>37615012
He's mocking you because you think just about anybody can start a business out of thin fucking air and have it succeed at the same time, equating it to the common platitude given by boomers to new members of the work force as "advice" on how to get hired.
>>
>>37615157
You can start a business out of thin air. Not an official government accepted one, but one in which you satisfy a public need and profit off of it. Ergo, black market, side hustle, lemonade stand, cutting grass, etc...
>>
>>37615219
If you start a business you need to be offering something, be it a service, raw material, or some sort of product. Last I checked even selling bottled air would require a fucking bottle. A black market would require you to obtain goods that people are in desire of but are unable to obtain legally. Lemonade stands are absolutely not profitable in cold areas. Cutting grass makes you fucking chump change. What's the difference between being a self employed / freelance errand boy versus a wagie (AKA officially recognized errand boy)?
>>
>>37615332
1. You make your own hours
2. You decide who you do business with
3. You decide who works for you
4. You are the alpha and the omega of your business

And chump change is better than no change is it not? If your doing business, pay attention to your clients and their habits and adapt accordingly.
>>
>>37614747
>Have zero ideas or marketable skills
>no capital
>just start a business
No shit didn't think of that one
>>
File: 1496185362211.jpg (29KB, 450x351px) Image search: [Google]
1496185362211.jpg
29KB, 450x351px
>>37615669
>Zero ideas or marketable skills
You have the fucking internet

>no capital
There are women profiting off of fucking cuddling and your sitting here telling me, you can't come up with any sort of idea for capital.
>>
>>37615741
Okay I will admit that I was being a dick but
>You have the fucking internet
1) Okay, what do I do with said internet I've spend hours on end looking up possible business ideas only to find out how shit the returns are and risk of failure. Not to mention that I live in a city with 8000 people and I'm a broke college fag.
>There are women profiting off of fucking cuddling
I see the point you are trying to make bit you could've used a better example. Even 3/10 women are in demand. I have nothing in demand.

The few ideas that I do have just feel like pipe dreams on par with people majoring in art or other useless shit
>>
>>37615856
Jesus fuck I made a lot of spelling errors
>>
>>37615856
>what do I do with said internet I've spend hours on end looking up possible business ideas only to find out how shit the returns are and risk of failure
Do not use the internet for the whole process, actually rationalize and think about the ins and outs of said ideas and ways in which it would or would not work. And as for the risk of failure or shit returns, try looking at this through a casual find a need and satisfy it lens.

>The few ideas that I do have just feel like pipe dreams on par with people majoring in art or other useless shit
Let's hear one of your ideas and I'll try to offer some constructive criticism before I go.
>>
>>37611517
Because society has made it very clear that it hates our guts and wants us to go away.
>>
>>37616135
>Let's hear one of your ideas and I'll try to offer some constructive criticism before I go.

1)Hotdog carts/ food trucks

2) I've been keeping bees since I was a kid and I've also been making wine/mead since I was a kid. I wanted to use our land for a Meadery and make the honey myself. hopefully once day branch into distilling.

I know you said one idea but I said two.
by the way thanks for speaking with me anon.
>>
>>37612058
This is probably the most honest answer.
>>
Because women are all fucking Chad, and there it's hard for guys to muster up the motivation to participate in society if they're not getting laid on a regular basis. I actually have a job by the way, but I understand why a lot of guys become NEETs.
>>
>>37616220
1) Food trucks already work well so if you got a van and some basic groceries, that would be a go as long as you could bring something new to the table. Also, the city or places where there's commonly a lot of people walking is perfect for that and the hotdog stand.

2)Actually, I don't know of any food trucks that sell honey or wine so if you included that as well as some special food that would be in demand on the go, that's a good idea

And i'm happy to help.
>>
>>37616279
op, this is actually a pretty good suggestion. i volunteer at a cafe and whenever it's time to shop for groceries, there's this dude that sells tacos out of the back of his truck. we go to this store that is specifically and only for restaurants and there is just this random dude selling food to restaurant owners.

>sell ... wine
depending on where op lives, he may need an alcohol seller's license. i would recommend just the honey. that way you can tailor your menu with food that goes well with honey to justify selling it in the first place.
>>
The basis of motivation is incentive. People will do something if it is worth the effort and they are able to. Many men may not feel that society cares about them so they opt out and play video games. People are foregoing marriage nowadays because there is more downside than upside. It's simple human behavior. Anyone who is shocked or outraged should try to look at it that way.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.