[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just say it.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 874984654865.jpg (85KB, 792x605px) Image search: [Google]
874984654865.jpg
85KB, 792x605px
Unresolved hurt that cannot be aired leads to anger that cannot be expressed, and then things start to get pretty dark.

Robots, I have a word of advice for all of you. Whatever it is that's on your chest, just say it. You don't even have to say it to anybody. The simple act of uttering whatever it is that's keeping you down and hearing the words come out of your mouth could be the start of your healing process, if you let it.

And after that, try saying the thing you've been meaning to tell that person. Maybe you've been pining after a girl or boy for a while. If you're already friends, ask them to get together in a /comfy/ place and tell them how you feel. Saying something as blunt as "I love you" might freak them out, but if you're attracted to something about them, if they make you feel something inside, just tell them. If they're really your friend, they won't be grossed out or offended. Even if they don't want what you want, at least they know where you're at, and it's off your chest. You will be happier moving on than being in purgatory.

Similarly, if someone really hurt you, but you're still obligated to see them for some reason--maybe a roommate, business partner, or family member--you have to tell them. Air your grievances in a loving way. Don't get hostile. Just explain why the thing they did hurt you, and ask them to please not do it again. If you try to be diplomatic about it, they will feel an appropriate amount of guilt and they will understand.

Here is what I am getting at: You are sad because you are lying to yourself and others. You are not only lying overtly, but you are also *lying by omission.* Your concealed hurt is what's eating away at you, and it will continue to eat away at you until you express it.

I'd highly recommend Brad Blanton's excellent book on the subject, "Radical Honesty," to anyone who feels stuck or depressed (link below). I've said the things I've kept inside for years, and there is so much weight off my chest.
>>
File: 681651541.jpg (40KB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
681651541.jpg
40KB, 500x632px
The link in question: http://www.nyapolitiken.biz/bocker/Brad-Blanton-Radical-Honesty[1].pdf

This book has seriously helped me through personal struggles, led to increasingly deep relationships with other people, and subsequently improved my social acumen. I'd highly recommend it to this entire fucking board.
>>
File: Updated GF Venn Diagram.png (153KB, 1100x950px) Image search: [Google]
Updated GF Venn Diagram.png
153KB, 1100x950px
OP, firstly thank you for the quality contribution to the board. Amongst all the shallow inane normies and their rampant tomfoolery, a true well-written robot post feels refreshing, like a warm shower after a long day of spraying roasties with orange juice from a super soaker.

And you're absolutely right about the honesty. The few times I interact with normals, I enjoy being genuine. For example, when they ask "how are you", I like saying "I have nothing but crushing depression and crippling loneliness, and every second I ask myself if it's worth it to continue living." Then during the awkward silence I say "but other than that I'm doing really good, how are you?"
>>
>>37606925
>For example, when they ask "how are you", I like saying "I have nothing but crushing depression and crippling loneliness, and every second I ask myself if it's worth it to continue living."

See, I lol'd but chances are that eventually someone will really empathize with you and form a connection. I'm one of those people who is polarizing. Not everybody likes me, and I've grown to accept that. But the people who understand where I'm coming from make the possibility of rejection worth it, because there's potential for an actual connection --- not normie-tier "relationships" that are actually vapid contests to see how long each party can be mutually distracted.
>>
>>37607175
Wholeheartedly agreed. That's the reason I started responding genuinely, I realized that over the course of our lifetimes, we'll have heard the following conversation almost exactly repeated hundreds of times: "Hey, how are you?" "Good, and you?" "I'm good." Such a fake, inane, vapid, shallow exchange of words. Granted, of course some normies genuinely are 'good', but with my severe mental illness and overwhelming anxiety, I'm as far from 'good' as possible.
>>
Bumping for positive feels and personal growth.
>>
>>37606848
Nice to see there's actually some warm-hearted and empathetic robots out there. I don't have anything to confess personally. But thank you for making a conscious effort to tone down the toxicity of this board. Cheers.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.