[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wagecuck/ lunch break edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 42

File: IMG_3309.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3309.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Is there anything more cucked than working retail? I'm a cashier and I constantly feel walked all over by customers. I'm on my lunch break right now and I just want to go back to sleep.
>>
>socially inept
>get job at fast food
>have to learn cashier
>struggle to input orders because don't memorize where everything is yet and don't know how to deal with all sorts of mistakes yet
>co-worker keeps getting mad at me for having to help me
>>
>low self-esteem
>used to people mocking me on a daily basis

I don't mind rude customers as long as I'm doing my job right. If I'm screwing up and they're upset about it then :C
>>
>time to take break
>coworker just needs to run the register and recover the aisles near the register between customers
>she can't even do that
>line starts to form
>don't want to go out there because I'll end up having to run a register on my break and/or wander around until I find coworker
>customers inevitably bust into the break room and complain that I won't check them out
And if you say you're on break, they call upper management and then you get in trouble for reasons.
>>
>need to do some restocking, maintenance, food prep and cleaning
>10 customers show up
>work station is a mess
>try to clean it as soon as lunch service "ends"
>another 10 customers show up
>>
I used to work retail but then I took a desk job. It's SO much better, I take my breaks basically whenever I want and I get to work independently.
>>
>>37601514

>boss already knew I was socially awkward
>never once put me in cashier only kitchen

feels good man
>>
File: jolibee.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
jolibee.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
Why are businesses in America so understaffed compared to other countries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVihY7hrZCQ
>>
>>37601968
I guess it's just more profitable, hire less people, and squeeze as much labor out each as possible, while paying them as little as possible. And when your stores inevitably fall apart, just build more stores.
>>
>>37601946

>mostly get put on fryers and food-prep because keep screwing up as cashier
>occasionally have to go to cashier because front needs help

Isn't mandatory that every hire has to learn every position? how have you not done cashier or drive thru?
>>
>only have one uniform for work
>have to invest in some basins, a hand crank wringler, and set up a clothesline so I can wash my clothes right after work
>>
>tfw packed TV dinner for lunch today
>tfw I forgot it was company grill out day
>tfw eating a lot and wasting my TV dinner
>>
>go to Costco
>buy water bottles in bulk
>buy cereal bars in bulk

I never ask to have anything cooked or made for me during break because I know how busy the kitchen can be. I would feel like a burden if I had to pour myself a drink on break.
>>
How do you guys live on these wages?

how do you pay your bills?

I make 55k per year and live in the cheapest 1 bedroom I could find in town, own a $5000 car and have trouble making ends meet
>>
>>37602169

You don't.

>paycheck comes in
>pay bills with the help with a housemate
>use the rest of the money on groceries or something the house needs
>don't spend the extra on entertainment because never know if need money for emergency
>>
>>37602216

I don't see how you even do that, you are making like what $1400 a month? how do you pay rent and eat and have health ins and pay the power bill etc...?
>>
>>37602169
I live with my mom and we both pay part of the bills
And we live in a cheap state in a cheap town, in the cheap part of town.
I don't have a lot but I feel filthy rich compared to my coworkers!
>>
File: 1445897626416.jpg (12KB, 309x421px) Image search: [Google]
1445897626416.jpg
12KB, 309x421px
>>37602169
>struggling on 55K a year
>>
>>37602169
>I make 55k per year and live in the cheapest 1 bedroom I could find in town, own a $5000 car and have trouble making ends meet

how much do you spend on rent? i have a hard time believing this - you probably spend a lot of money where you don't need to and either don't realize it or justify it somehow.

like a friend of mine who makes ~$45k, drives a $12k car, lives in a modest apartment, but can't make ends meet. i had a chat with him about his spending habits and came to find out he spends about $500 a month on alcohol
>>
>>37602169
I assume you're in California or New York?
>>
>>37602256
$2990 Income after taxes
-850 rent (Cheapest apt in my town)
-100 power
-60 internet
-50 cell phone
-520 health insurance
-205 car
-100 car ins
-80 gas
-75 copay on dr apt
-50 gym
-500 for retirement
-50 for copay on prescriptions

So I have less than 100 dollars a week to spend on clothes, presents/holidays, girls, cat food, any emergency that comes up ($500 dentist bill last month wiped me out) ...

I mean I don't really have anything, a shitty car, a shitty apartment, a cat and I am close to break even every month

I don't own a flatscreen tv or video game console or anything like that because I can't afford it, i don't even have cable

can't imagine how I could live on less than $20,000 per year
>>
>>37602256
If he lives in Jew York City or somewhere like that it makes sense.
>>
>>37602349
see
>>37602436

>>37602411
>I assume you're in California or New York?
Atlanta
>>
>when you haven't slept and the only thing keeping you awake is copious amounts of sugar and caffeine
Already fucked over one customer desu
Hope I make it.
>>
>>37602436
55k is 4500/mo gross. Where the fuck do you live where they take 39% in taxes?
>>
>>37602436
So basically your idea of struggling is not struggling to live but struggling to afford luxuries.
>>
>>37602436

do you need to spend $520 a month on health insurance?

cancel your gym membership - buy cheap dumbells and work out at home. run outside instead of on a treadmill. are you spending $75 a month on doctor copays every month? do you need to go to the doctor every month? are there medications you can go without? you're saving quite a bit of money every month, which is good i suppose, but you can't exactly say that you're struggling if you're able to do that
>>
>>37602169
I work night shift closing 5 nights a week. Literally nobody else wants to do it, and it's just me and four others that regularly do it, and even then it's only 2 of us who can close backdrive at my job. So we switch it off every once in a while.

I make over 1k a month and my expenses for the month are usually $355 (rent) + $280 (food) + $100 (other shit)... so that's $735-ish, rounded up to $750 just to be safe. I have ~$250 on the side every month, or sometimes more if I work overtime.
>>
>>37602568

>39% of income in taxes
>still need to pay $520 a month in health insurance with $125 copays

america. did you know that ~$350 billion dollars a year comes out of our federal budget in benefits to those who have type II diabetes?
>>
>>37602568
>55k is 4500/mo gross. Where the fuck do you live where they take 39% in taxes?
That's how much they are witholding for state and federal and social security from my pay check
>>37602579
>So basically your idea of struggling is not struggling to live but struggling to afford luxuries.

I mean going to the dentist means I can't buy clothes or go out on a date for 2 months.

Yes,I guess I struggle to afford luxuries, but my point is if I am making this much and just breaking even how can anyone live on $20k?
>>
>>37602452
Are you sure you aren't putting a lot of your paycheck into a pretax 401k? 17% of your posttax into retirement (the $500) is quite a lot anyway.
>>
>>37602641
And kidney dialysis is universal as well. Private firms know those things make money hand over fist, unlike say gym memberships or vegetable subsidies.
>>
>>37602595
>do you need to spend $520 a month on health insurance?

Yes, I make too much to qualify for a subsidy and I see a psychiatrist once a month and that still costs me $75 co-pay and the meds I take are a $50 co-pay, If I went down to the $300 per month plan I would have to pay $150 for the shrink visit and like $200 for my meds

the gym is my one outlet for recreation and self improvement, I go every other day for an hour, I figure it costs like $4 per hour
>>
>>37602595
>you're saving quite a bit of money every month, which is good i suppose, but you can't exactly say that you're struggling if you're able to do that

my employeer matches the first 500 i put up for retirement every month

I mean it's either put up money now or don't ever retire.

anyway I'm not trying to bitch I just don't see how fast food workers/retail anons even live
>>
>>37602452
Also atlanta. Living ITP is basically impossible unless you want to be south of I20 and get murdered.
>>
>tfw you earn 4000 a month and your rent is 6000 and your landlord is starting to get mad
this is not in US dollars ofc
>>
>>37602636
>I make over 1k a month and my expenses for the month are usually $355 (rent) + $280 (food) + $100 (other shit)... so that's $735-ish, rounded up to $750 just to be safe. I have ~$250 on the side every month, or sometimes more if I work overtime.

What about health insurance and utilities?
>>
>>37602649
>17% of your posttax into retirement (the $500) is quite a lot anyway.

That's how much my employer will match to a ROTH IRA
>>
>>37602717
Reading this is very discouraging. I make 30k and it feels like nothing. Still live at home bc rent anywhere is literally half my paycheck. I'm hoping Republicans repeal the ACA because even though it'll fuck me in the long run, I simply can't afford to pay health insurance.
>>
>>37602728
>Also atlanta. Living ITP is basically impossible unless you want to be south of I20 and get murdered.

It's basically "pay what I do in rent, or save $200 per month to live in niggerville and add 1.5 hours to my commute each day thus causing me to spend $250 more per month on gas and car maintenance"
>>
>>37602717

i understand. well, i've got quite a few poor friends and they live in one of the most violent parts of the city (indianapolis), renting a whole house for as much as you rent your apartment and splitting it 4 ways. no health insurance. no gym membership. they have cars but bike everywhere they can so that they don't spend money on gas and wear their cars down. they eat really cheap, shitty processed food every day.

that being said, though, they've got money for cigarettes/cocaine/alcohol
>>
>>37601346
>>tfw eating a lot and wasting my TV dinner
What did he mean by this???
>>
>>37602797
Bro I was in the same position, I landed a $55k job, moved out and thought I would have money to take out girls and have drinks and go out and do things and have a TV and shit like that

NOPE
O
P
E

I mean I didn't think I was going to get a Ferrari I just wanted to be able to go out and live a middle class life

once you make about 50k you don't qualify for any subsides with the ACA and your health insurance goes to the moon
>>
>>37602813
>that being said, though, they've got money for cigarettes/cocaine/alcohol

It kills me that I go home every night to watch netflix on my cheap laptop and see people smoking and drinking all over town at bars

where do they get the money for this, I doubt they all make more than me
>>
>>37602874
Can you work around that by donating $5k to charity so you do get the subsidy since you technically made only 50k through the tax deduction? If your employer supplies health coverage I don't think you're eligible for the ACA exchange or subsidies anyway, though.
>>
File: wagegoy hard at work.jpg (180KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
wagegoy hard at work.jpg
180KB, 1024x681px
why do wagecattlegoyim do shit like this?
>>
>>37602902

most of the "poor people" i know that live comfortably (don't starve and have money for leisure) are helped out by their parents, at least to some degree, like staying on their health/car insurance and phone plans and stuff like that, or even given money every month
>>
None of you have anything to bitch about when it comes to taxes. We paid about $170k in taxes last year.

>Make $7000 per month
>Wife makes $28,000 per month
>Wife received several bonuses last year
>>
>>37602902
>where do they get the money for this, I doubt they all make more than me
They dont necessarily have more money, its just about prioritizing. If you're a sperg who only cares about games you'll find a way to devote your money to that.

Same with normies and going out. Most will budget 100-200 a week for going out and socializing.
>>
>>37602647
>but my point is if I am making this much and just breaking even how can anyone live on $20k?

No one on $20K is living by themselves as if it's a living wage.

People either live with parents or they share accommodation, which drastically reduces rent. They don't do things like gym memberships or put loads of money into retirement funds. They don't tend to run cars and instead use public transport if necessary. They don't do expensive cell phone contracts either.

But mostly they'd be living with their parents at that wage.

You're actually doing pretty decently if you can afford to dump 500 a month into your retirement.
>>
File: TurdyBurdy.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
TurdyBurdy.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>37601346
>Work in a shitty fast food place
>Had one customer slam his sandwich into the counter going off his head
>"Fucking shit food wahh wahh I want my money back and more"
>Offer him a replacement meal and his money back
>"What are you going to do about this?" he screams like i didn't just offer him his money back
>"Sir I'm happy to give you a full refund and a replacment" i say
>He's still going off "I want the owners number" and all that
>"Fuck off cunt, here's your money back don't bother coming back" I say, interupting his tantrum
>He went from big "man" to little girl real quick
>"What? why am i banned?!"
>"Because you just came in the store acting like a child"
>"B-But it's about good customer service"(Customer service is giving free shit to these entitle brats in their mind)
>"Don't care, fuck off or I'm calling the police"
>He walks away muttering some shit about "Getting me later"
>Call up the owner
>"Yeah mate just had some bloke in here off his head on something, He saying he's going to call you guys up and get me fired" i say
>Didn't mention my bad attitude and telling the guy to fuck off
>"Look don't worry about, you did the right. Don't stress about it, it happens in this industry" Boss replies back

Always cover your tracks anons, I would of been fired if he had found out i said all that. It was a good thing i rattled off some bullshit about the customer trying to get me fired and made him look like the cunt.

Pic Related, MFW i got away with the crime.
>>
>make less than $1000 a month
>need personal hygiene products, gas, food, supplies for house
>can barely afford bills
>only reason I'm not homeless because still living with family

I wish I had the money to afford some driving lessons and get a car
>>
>>37602913
My employer does not provide my ins

It goes down by percentage, so If I made 49k I would get like a 100dollar per month subsidy, which would still be $400+, subsidies are not all or nothing, the more you make they less they subsidize your healthcare
>>
>>37602933
>most of the "poor people" i know that live comfortably (don't starve and have money for leisure) are helped out by their parents, at least to some degree, like staying on their health/car insurance and phone plans and stuff like that, or even given money every month
yeah that's the only way it makes sense to me
>>
>>37602945
>You're actually doing pretty decently if you can afford to dump 500 a month into your retirement.

well the way I look at it is, what if I didn't? I am in my late 30s now

I have to retire someday, 500 per month is not really that much, 12k per year, in 10 years I will have put away 120k and I'll be nearly 50 with only that to show for it, I will never retire to the easy life at that rate
>>
>>37602945
>People either live with parents or they share accommodation, which drastically reduces rent.

maybe i should do this and get a room mate, I feel too old for that though
>>
>>37602970
>living at home
>cant get by on 1k a month
You're a fucking financial retard. Learn to save faggot.
>>
>>37603043
Look into vanguard index funds.
>>
>>37603043
Are you just directly putting that money into a savings account instead of stocks?

You retarded bro? Open a brokerage account and invest long-term in stocks with that money.

You could easily be a millionaire by 50.
>>
>>37603043

>what is interest and return-on-investment

unless the ponzi scheme we call banking explodes in the next 10 years (which it might) it's going to be significantly more than 120k
>>
File: 1489003034057.jpg (13KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1489003034057.jpg
13KB, 600x576px
>>37601968
I work in a print shop. Their staffing model looks something like this:
>hire n00bs
>try to train them
>work them to death in the process
>newbies quit because of retarded hours
>make the rest of us work even moar
>others quit due to 70+ hour weeks
>can't seem to hire enough skilled people
>"we're gonna need you to come in Sunday as well anon"

I'm gonna fucking kill myself if this keeps up. This god damn job has killed what slim chances I had of having a social life. Yes, I am a ragie wagie.
>>
>>37602970

>afford driving lessons

Give your dad/mom/sister/brother or whatever like 10 bucks for gas and make them teach you. Back roads and low traffic areas/rural places are the best.
>>
>>37603082
>Are you just directly putting that money into a savings account instead of stocks?
No I put it into a S&P 500 index fund
>>37603082
>Look into vanguard index funds.
ok

>>37603084
>You could easily be a millionaire by 50.

I would have to grow the money I can put away by then by tenfold
>>
you can survive on really low wages, you just won't be able to have any luxuries. no car, no cell phone, no going out, no miscellaneous purchases and it's debatable whether or not you can have internet, although i would count some form of internet access as an absolute necessity, so slowest internet you can afford, should be 40$ a month.
>>
>>37602934
>being this emasculated by your wife
Also I feel no sympathy for someone making over 300k a year. None.
>>
>>37603103
>unless the ponzi scheme we call banking explodes in the next 10 years (which it might) it's going to be significantly more than 120k
i hope so
>>
>>37603171

why? a few bankers will lose their jobs, but mostly regular folk will just lose all of their life savings and probably their homes and vehicles
>>
>>37603084
>brokerage account
That's a cute way of saying Give your money to some bozo so he can possibly (probably) waste what he doesn't keep on playing Wolf of Wall Street hoping he can outperform index funds.
>>
>>37603314
>why? a few bankers will lose their jobs, but mostly regular folk will just lose all of their life savings and probably their homes and vehicles
i mean I hope it wont explode and i will have significantly more than 120k
>>
>tfw cashier shift tonight from 5-11 pm

My coworkers probably already think I'm a potential shooter, someone else shooting up a grocery store at night just yesterday probably won't help my image.
>>
File: never meant.jpg (60KB, 700x431px) Image search: [Google]
never meant.jpg
60KB, 700x431px
how do I manage my time better as a fry cook?

Co-workers are criticizing my slowness. I don't always hear a customer's orders through the headset I'm wearing due to kitchen noises or traffic outside so I sometimes rely on a screen before starting to fry foods. I'm struggling a lot with making tacos while also dealing managing food at the fryers.

>read tickets on screen
>put in all food and try to double check if my portions are right or I'm missing anything
>tacos are done frying
>go make tacos
>struggle to open them since the shell is stuck together or it's too hot to touch with hand
>as I'm making tacos have to deal with putting more food in fryer or taking out food
>>
The way I save money is just to never buy stupid shit. I don't make much, but I don't have anything to spend money on anyway, so it just piles up.

>small room
>all i ever eat is sanwiches and water, sometimes some chips
>don't have any friends to spend money with
>any movies or tv can be pirated

Sure I spend all my free time in my room contemplating suicide, but at least I have some emergency money.
>>
>>37603384
A brokerage account doesn't mean someone picks stocks for you.

An account with a broker where you have 100% manual control over what you buy/sell is still a brokerage account.

For example TD Ameritrade or Scottrade are brokers, you open a brokerage account with them, they are your broker, but you have to form your own portfolio of stocks, and you have 100% full control of your portfolio.
>>
>>37603124
>70+ hour weeks
Is this legal?
>>
>>37601968
>Why are businesses in America so understaffed compared to other countries?

Because understaffing maximizes corporate profits.

Maximizing corporate profit is America's true religion. In America, people are taught from a young age to worship capitalism, and to accept and tolerate abuse from corporations because it "helps the economy". In America, all criticism against worshiping the profit motive is mindlessly dismissed because of the religious dogma that "capitalism is better than all other systems". When people grow up with that kind of brainwashing, it has a powerful effect on the society they create.

I'm not saying that this is unique to America, but America prefers their capitalism to be particularly brutal and cut-throat -- something they ironically share with their former ideological enemy Russia.
>>
>>37603084
>Open a brokerage account and invest long-term in stocks with that money.
>You could easily be a millionaire by 50.

I can confirm this. And you gotta realize in my first job I only made $24K per year. If I can get on track to reach $1 million by age 50, just about anybody can. But you absolutely have to be in the stock market, and you absolutely have to start *very* young, and you have to make saving and investing a top priority. In my first few years of working I either just rented a bedroom in a house, or shared a bedroom with another guy, just so I could save more money. I lived like a poor person, but it was worth it in the long run.
>>
>>37602234
>Living in poverty while having a full time job
Where is this even possible?
>>
File: alarak_by_tiodor-d9uoduh.png (631KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
alarak_by_tiodor-d9uoduh.png
631KB, 700x700px
>Graduate with Masters a month ago
>Still no job because I am applying to public sector jobs

Anyone here ever lie about their race on their resume?
>>
>>37601346
That pic was literally me today
>>
I get paid 8 dollars for 6 hours, 5 days a week being a janitor
>>
>>37604133

america, the wealthiest nation in all of history
>>
Found a comfy job as a guide in a small museum, pays minimum but at it least it gets me out of the house.
>>37602964
>"Fuck off cunt, here's your money back don't bother coming back"
alpha as fuck, you did good.
>>
>tfw work your ass off in a real ass restauraunt and still only make like 30k a year
>>
>>37605198
>>tfw work your ass off in a real ass restauraunt and still only make like 30k a year
at least you are building rare and valuable skills that will land you a better job later in life
>>
>got job as cashier at dunkin donuts
>picked up register in under a week
>got good at making drinks in under a month
>manager said I'm one of the employees she counts on the most
>even learned how to make small talk a little bit in the past 5 months
I still feel like crying through my shifts and I'm sad I don't get smoke breaks because none of my coworkers know I smoke
>>
>running a small business
>girl shopping around, she's like 6'3" and nerdy cute
>she's all over the place, kinda spacy
>chat with her, she brings up her kids (fuck) and boyfriend (FUCK) because she wants to quit smoking
>she buys her stuff and leaves
>notice she left her drink on a shelf way too late
>move it up to the counter and wait to see if she'll come back
>she doesn't
>take a sip of it just for the indirect kiss like in my animes
I'm going to hell aren't I.
>>
I know your pain. But know this when compare the money in your account with your neet friends account you can have good chuckle at their mistakes

As a wageslave I drive a truck full of bread I make 9.50 pounds an hour with the possibility of it going up soon

Im 34 one of my younger brothers is 26 he has not worked a day in his life
And is always broke but when asked about getting a job
He moans about his fucking band
Every one and their dog is into those shity talent shows its pointless
>>
>bartender in a seaside pub
>also hosts private functions
>get to chat with the old people who come in early through the week
>banter with drunk patrons on evenings
>constantly flirted with by smashed middle aged women at private parties
>free food on breaks

It's pretty comfy for a summer job
>>
>>37602436
get a different car. Consider a small 4 cylinder car, one that you can finance for less than 200/mo. Also consider taking defensive driving courses, they'll lower your car insurance.

And if you need to, reduce retirement from 50 to 450, and use that money for something to better yourself with.
>>
File: 1484166867595.jpg (71KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484166867595.jpg
71KB, 480x360px
>Anon, you're going too slow. You should be doing 300 orders a minute.
>No, Anon you can't go to the bathroom right now. Hold it in for 90 hours until you get your break.
>What are you doing Anon? Your 2 second break is over. Get back to work.
>Anon, you're gonna have to work 500 hours unpaid overtime tomorrow.
>Anon, why aren't you smiling all the time? Aren't you happy to be working?
>>
File: 16011601.jpg (24KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
16011601.jpg
24KB, 231x218px
Honestly I can't fucking stand this job I have. I only work 3 days a week. But whenever I'm not at work, I'm always stressing out that I have work soon and I can never get anything productive done. I literally spend 100% of my time I'm not at work worrying about having to go to work.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>37606015

what's your job like? how long have you been doing it?
>>
>>37601346
I wish i could become a wagecuck, but i've sent 50+ resumes to various places and no callbacks

the 1.5 years unaccounted for i spent as a NEET in my resume just kills my chance. how do i get a wagecuck job?
>>
File: Jimmy and McJobCorp.jpg (71KB, 664x534px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy and McJobCorp.jpg
71KB, 664x534px
>>37606001
love this meme
origononal
>>
>trying to find a job to get some extra money while in school
>now hiring!
>must be able to work early mornings, mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, judgement day, and after your own death

For FUCK'S sake, I don't want to go work at McDonalds, but it seems as though fast food is the last bastion of true part time work.
>>
>>37603137
ultra basic internet plans cost around 20 and its good enough to watch anime streams and play shooters online. normal web cost 30 but they trick you into the 60 dollar plan, go on tell them you're cutting of your internet "sir! if you find your expenses to costly why dont you try our 30 dollar plan?
>that we never told you about
>>
>>37606185
what industry/type of job are you going for?
>>
I currently work in the airline industry. It aight.
Comfy job low paying though.
>>
>>37606240
anything. i tried retail/call centers/security. 0 call backs. what do i do? should i just bullshit in my resume? i'm thinking they see 1.5 years of doing nothing and want nothing to do with me
>>
File: 1495484096910.jpg (59KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1495484096910.jpg
59KB, 300x297px
>>37606053
Delivering stuff in a van (I don't drive, there's 2 people per van)

I've only been doing it for a month because it's a summer job, but I had the exact same problem when I worked at a supermarket between 2014 and 2016.

For reference, I fucking hate both of them.
>>
>>37606185

Just go to any fast food place and hand in your resume there in person. Literally the easiest way to get a job. Hard to fuck that up even with your lengthy NEET term.

Be warned fast food is probably the worst wagecuck job there is.
>>
>>37606265

why do you hate it? it doesn't sound too bad... you get to get out
>>
>>37603137
>car
>phone
>internet
>luxuries

We need a day of the fucking rope.
>>
>>37606333
>Really early mornings
>Never get any sleep anymore because I'm always worrying about not getting enough sleep so I can't get to sleep
>Anxious around people
>The people that I work with are completely different to me and I have no idea how to interactive with them. Didn't get to know anyone at the supermarket whole time I was there even though I really did try
>Because I'm always fretting about work on my days off, I can never do any exercise or self improvement shit because it stresses me out that I have work the next day
>>
>>37606261
>anything. i tried retail/call centers/security. 0 call backs. what do i do? should i just bullshit in my resume? i'm thinking they see 1.5 years of doing nothing and want nothing to do with me

if you are in the usa go to Thumbtack.com or a similar site and start doing odd jobs for people. People want their lawns mowed, their computers set up for them, hard drives backed up, printers hooked up, I saw a lady on there last week looking for someone to do the lettering in stickers on the for sale sign she wanted to put in front of her house (she had arthritis)

Take a bunch of those stupid jobs and then put on your resume you are a computer contractor or something like that and ask a few people if you can list them as references.

Also, when you do a job for someone and it has gone well ask them if they know anyone who is hiring full time people locally- you have just proven yourself to the person and after you do 10 jobs and talk to 10 people a few are bound to call their buddy at the local whatever and get you a job.

good luck
>>
>work in shit retail small goods store
>co-works always bitchy
>boss in an asshole cyclist enthusiast
>don't get paid on time most weeks
>sometimes the boss doesn't put in correct amount of hours I worked into my payslip, ripping me off
>final flipped and quit my job during a busy day
>now working as an assistant gardener for a high school
>make more money plus paid holidays
>>
How did you guys even find references? McDonalds is requiring like 3.
>>
>>37606261

What's your cover letter like? Do you even have a cover letter?
>>
>>37606383

sorry about all of that, anon

seems more like a personal problem rather than an intrinsic problem with your work. if you have access to therapy somehow try CBT for anxiety and see if it helps, seems that you massively fear rejection and have performance anxiety related to measuring up. you probably had really unpleasable parents. i know those feels
>>
>>37601514
I have been there my friend, I suck working the cashier. I told by boss I be better suited outback.
>>
>>37606450
i'm 20 years old and held one summer job in highschool, pretty much sums up my relevant work experience. what cover letter? what can i possibly write there
>>
>>37605372
no. you wont. restaurants only build a specific "skill" that will get you only taht kind of job
>be dishwasher
only get dish jobs
>linecook?
cook jobs
etc, you need job experience dealing with people to move forward...or save to buy a car.
>>
>>37606498
>what is sarcasm

desu
>>
>>37606484
you are young, someone will let you bag groceries, it's not too weird for you to not to have had a job yet, I know plenty of people who graduate college at 22/23 who have never had a job
>>
>tfw you've given up on moving out
>>
File: 1494797887222.jpg (23KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1494797887222.jpg
23KB, 358x358px
>BRAND NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY! (GREAT FUTURE EXPERIENCE! WE OFFER TRAINING!)
>experienced only
like, what the fuck cucks? whats the point of telling people about the job and training if you only want people who know how to do it?
>>
>>37606569
never. i hate these cunts. 4 more k and im going to vegas.
>>
>>37606472
Thanks dude. I tried CBT but it was little help. Whole life has basically been a failure since 2014. Going to university in September though. Not really sure what I'm going to do if that doesn't work out.
>>
>>37601346
Retail is definitely the worst type of job i have done. Worse than janitor (which was actually pretty comfy), worse than standing outside under the blazing sun laying asphalt.

Retail pays the worst, is the most thankless, management views you as completely disposable, most inconsistent hours, and the work is pretty stressful on top of all that.
>>
I'm not going to lie OP. It's very cuckworthy. I worked retail cuck jobs after my degree and now work in a lazy government job.

I now wear a suit (no tie) instead of a cucky stupid uniform. I get paid more. In retail you get reprimanded for being minutes late while in an office job the work assignment is always inefficient and you have huge amounts of free time and discretion to do what you want. I came in late by 50 minutes today and nobody cared (and there were no formal rules about caring, apart from obscene lateness). I took a lunch break over an hour and left at 5.45 pm. It would've been earlier but I wanted to finish some work I had been delaying due to extended breaks and following the tennis.

And if I was a Chad or normie, I would be in a mild heaven of a low pressure environment with attractive women

Not to boast. I'm just saying you need to get the fuck out of retail asap. There is zero upside to it. People working in retail for minimum wage is proof that there is no inherent justice in the economy. Some people get screwed and others don't. End of.
>>
>>37601968
(((They))) understaff to make moar shekels.
>>
Are white collar workers allowed? Or STEM memers
>>
>>37606015

You are me one year ago. The anxiety never ends.
>>
>>37606689
the reality here is that people need to crate POSITIVE INVESTEMNTS. retail and low wage jobs are a phase people should use to move forward, save money buy a car get a delivery job then upgrade your drivers licence to a CDL class b and boom you're middle class. it all takes 6 to 7 months but most people dont do well with money. -ups driver
>>37606718
there are bad stem jobs?
>>
>>37601931
How the fuck do you faggots get dsk jobs????
Ive being trying for years but no one ever fucking hires me.
Being nonwhite fucking sucks
>>
>>37606484

No wonder everyone ignores you. Cover letters are pretty much mandatory. A resume is just a basic run down of your history, but cover letters are where you actually sell yourself as a person. There's a huge difference between a slim resume, and a slim resume and a nice cover letter.

You don't have to talk about how super experienced you are. Just talk about how you found out about the job and what specific qualities you have that makes you think you would be good at it. Talk about any hobbies you have, something productive and creative that uses relevant skills. Don't be too formal, like you're writing from a template. Write with some personality, but still be respectful and neat.

Also show up in person to hand your shit in. It works a thousand times better than submitting it online, especially if you want to work retail or fast food. Of course if they tell you not to submit in person, don't do it because you'll look like an asshole.
>>
>>37606786
what customer services exp do you have? its mostly a lottery. i went to a part time hotel bell man who was 2 days a week overnight for 1 year its like 800 a month and it had front desk training. then boom play the application lottery and desk ahoy
>>
File: 1487630420753.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1487630420753.gif
15KB, 633x758px
>>37606689

>"lol just get a better job bro, anyone can do it it's easy!"
>>
>>37606786
Economy is bad and boomers aren't retiring and/or dying on schedule.
>>
>>37606484
check this shit out maybe /RK9/can help create a better one.
>I was excited to see your opening for a position and I hope to be invited for an interview.

Hello my name is [anon] I am very interested in a position in your business, although my background comes based around [jobs you've had before] I've acquired lots of experience in customer service and believe I can do a solid job. I'm available any day of the week.

I posses many skills outside of the [field you're applying for example...hospitality?] based in technology such as [ Photoshop MSword<---you NEED THIS) with a decent amount of experience in excel due to my desire to someday have my own business as a [faggot ] and managing to get into jobs that are able to give me positive skills to build a smoother path in my job adventures are always a positive in my book, not only that but I also posses much experience in problem solving.

well that was shit but can you do better?
>>
>>37601346
Delivering pizzas is literally life, you make double any fast food or retail job and you get to spend most of it driving, listening to music, getting free drinks, free food, get to pet dogs, see different sights, it's 100000% better than being cooped up in some tiny little space all day
>>
>>37606832
>what customer service
You don't fucking need experience with these kinds of jobs.
What difference does it make any way. Ive given up getting a desk job. I can't even get hired a fucking call centers for some reason even though fucktards have memed it as a skillless job.
>>
>>37606939
all you need is a beat up 2001 honda crv. good times
>>
>>37606942
get a shit job as a dishwasher for 6 months buy a car and then get a job as a delivery guy, hell even amazon is hiring people to deliver random mail
>>
>work security
>actually get to tell people no as part of my job
I feel so bad for you guys that don't have that simple pleasure in your jobs
>>
>>37607201
oh yeah. another option 1k and you get to be like anon, its not really hard to be a security guard. >>37606942
>>
File: 28Nr2D5.jpg (238KB, 960x614px) Image search: [Google]
28Nr2D5.jpg
238KB, 960x614px
>work in a fucking shitting little shop in Northern Australia that sell mugs
>don't have a website, no internet connection in the shop
>owners are both in their 80's, I am the only employee
>make minimum wage
>mugs aren't fucking home made, they are just cheap mugs bought online that the old woman paints
>over the years her hands have become unsteady and the paintings onn the mugs get worse and less accurate
>it is a small town though and people buy the mugs to support the old couple
>I am seen as a stupid creepy loser who is a joke
>the old couple are really mean to me
>call me 'sand drinker' because of one time I accidentally drank from a mug with sand in it
>have told this story to everyone in my town
>EVERYONE calls me sand drinker
>people cough when I walk past like they choked on sand
>people in cafes and restaurants pour sand on my food
>all local businesses so I can't do anything
>everyone in my town has one of the mugs at least from the old lady
>whenever I see one I get angry
>always fucking angry
>I work like a slave for nothing
>for my birthday my parents are getting me a tattoo of one of the mug drawings from the old lady
>>
>>37601514
are you the guy who cried when he couldn't use the cash register at McDonalds? Fucking pussu
>>
>>37606942
>You don't fucking need experience with these kinds of jobs.

No but when you've got dozens of applications, narrowing it down to people who have proven themselves to be reliable is an obvious choice.
>>
>>37602595
Lmao
>Americans have to cut out fucking health insurance, a exercise, and the doctor to survive
>>
>>37607334
whatever happens, my life will never be a shit as yours, holy fuck straya.
>>
>>37607334
lol I hope this is a joke. If not, push them off the stairs or something.
>>
I work as a mechanic in a cosy 3 bay truck shop. Sure, shit can get hectic now and then since our trucks are well cover 1 million miles each, but get paid decent and can pretty much do as I please during downtime. Trade work was not a meme.
>>
>>37607628
Its tragic how few peesue it over the college lie. Soon enough even the trades will be flooded i'm seing lots of movement going your way.
>>
>>37607334
But at least you have that $17.70 minimum wage :^)
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>37601346
This anon wishes you all a nice 4.3-second-long lunch break.
>>
File: 1468944885002.jpg (23KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1468944885002.jpg
23KB, 500x381px
Just got back from a job interview from Wendy's...Do I have what it take?
>Be me, 19 year old grad freshie
>Do online application week prior
>Get dressed nicely & walk to the Wendy's today cause it's really close to where I live
>Wait 30 minutes in one of the empty tables cuz 30 mins early
>Guy finally comes out, the manager I presume and he has me seated on one of said empty tables
>I reach out to give him a firm handshake
>Go thru questions, bs some of them
>Finally, interview ends
>ThankChrist.Jpeg
>Still feel like I fucked it up though
>Walk out in hot ass floridian heat
Did I do it lads? I might become a wage kek
>>
>>37608114
You're young so you cost less.... Maybe? Remember if you the job that they can cut you for no reason for the first 2 months.
>>
File: 1496819469778.png (25KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496819469778.png
25KB, 300x250px
Did you remember to sell your daily quota of membership cards and collect your weekly requirement of 50 customer feedback surveys? I expect them on my desk before I finish this cup of coffee.
>>
>>37608198
>Cut you for no reason for the first 2 months.
You mean, fire me after the first 2 months or just cut my salary?
>>
>>37608315
Fire you. After 2 months they need to issue warnings and follow procedure.
>>
>>37608224
God i hated this trash. No one wants to do these yet some companies fuck you over because they thing no reviews = nad worker. Like, fuck you
>>
>>37607378
You're right.
Sorry for responding like a sperg. Im just pissed off that no matter how many applications I put in, I can't get hired for that kind of job even when im competing with other skilless losers like me.
I just want to get the fuck out of retail
>>
>>37603147
>emasculated
How so?
She makes more than me, big deal. If she ever wants a divorce, she will be paying me a monthly alimony
>>
>>37601346
How about being a bartender, is that more dignified?

Lots of drunks, but often I get to have interesting conversations with foreigners
>>
Just got a "contingent offer" at the local Amazon warehouse? Anyone have experience there? What exactly am I in for. It looked like the best option, pay is pretty good (11.25 in a federal minimum wage state) and there shouldn't be any interaction with customers to trigger my autismo.
>>
>>37603124
This sounds exactly like my manufacturing job.

The only reason I'm staying on is for the 401k matching and health insurance. But even then, it's making me miserable.
>>
>>37603124
Don't work 70 hours. How is that even allowed?
>>
>>37610087
My sweet, naive European friend.
You don't live in a country that has been truly fucked by capitalism.
>>
>>37610262
Well at least you guys can go to community college and get a normal job with normal hours, r-right?
>>
>>37603124
If you're understaffed don't you have the bargaining power in that situation? Like they're not going to fire you because to do so would fuck them even more.

This is literally what happened to me - I work in a supermarket and some old cunt threatened to call up and complain about me. I told her I didn't give a hot fuck because we were so understaffed nothing would even come of it anyway and she goes off in a huff.
>>
>>37606442
put your mom, say it's not your mom.
>>
>>37606671
I really wanted to disagree with you, because I'm well paid, my work is easy as shit and kinda fun, my customers are great, and I look forward to working every day. But then I remembered, though my company is very focused on retail, and based in it, I work in the commercial/wholesale sales department, and on the rare occasion that I help out the retail side it is fucking torture. Even the pay wouldn't make switching sides worth it, the customers are literal retards, want you to know everything for them, and can't understand it's company policy to not try to figure out their problems yet get pissed when you can't tell them what's wrong based on a retard's vague description over the phone. So yeah, you're right about retail.
>>
>>37601346
Sounds like you have shit customers senpai, all our customers are respectful which makes it much easier being nice to them.

The only problem customers are those that are obviously deranged.
>>
>>37607879
Yeah, no shit! Meanwhile here in the US (nuevo china) thousands of people work at McDonald's for $10.45 less per hour, must produce non fucking stop, sweat their balls off, be looked down on by literally everyone including people that work at burger King, treated like shit by company and customers alike, and the only free food you get is McDonald's.
>>
>>37602436
This seems really...expensive
I work retail and I have approx. $3500 after taxes (30%)
-$785 condo loan + monthly fee
-50 power
-55 interwebs (100/100)
-70 cell phone
-0 health insurance (free square)
-0 car
-0 car ins
-0 gas
-0 on paying someone elses place
-60 gym
-300 retirement
-0 on prescriptions because I'm not a sicklet
-20 Union fees
-30 bus fare (for when I go grocery shopping for the week)

There you go, loads of money over!
>>
>>37609854
You're hired. But unless you're willing to accept that pay for the rest of your life and tell your boss that, and work ten times harder than anyone they've ever met, you're fired on New year's day. Like no shit, you'll come to work, go into the locker/break room, the door will lock behind you, there'll be a pretyped note with your name written in telling you they value your contribution and they look forward to seeing you next holiday season, and the only unlocked door leads to the parking lot where you can fuck off.
>>
File: 1494797612353.jpg (196KB, 432x444px) Image search: [Google]
1494797612353.jpg
196KB, 432x444px
>>37601346
>used to work at a busy Shoppers Drug Mart
>cucked from all angles
>we don't have enough staff, because managers are too cheap to hire more staff
>this means i get Fucked over with my schedule
>forced to come in on my days of
>my schedule gets fucked up on a daily basis
>was supposed to get weekends off but i end up getting booked for them more often than not,
>people phone in sick, or something else happens, so im forced to do the work of 2+ people (or i have to go in on my day off)
>have to do back to backs (ie, work until midnight, and come in on 8), or work for 10+ days straight on short notice
>usually also end up with 20-30 hours a week, instead of the 35+ they promised
>any time i question it, i get a reply that basically boils down to "but you work in retail, so we reserve the right to literally cuck you"
>took it as fact

I eventually got fired for "stealing" points. It was my way of getting back at them. Best thing I've ever done, especially as i never got arrested for it. My only regret was not just looking for a job instead of waiting to get fired, as i wasted 6.5 years of my life.

I was unemployed for three weeks, until i found my current job. I currently work in the produce department of a local grocery store. I'll eventually work overnights. It's perfect.

>don't have to deal with customers now, even less when i start working when the store'sclosed
>get 40 hours a week, guaranteed
>weekends off, so two days of shitposting and gaming
>I'm still working alone, but the work is chiller
>can listen to own music while I'm chopping veggies
>I'm a night owl, so I'll have an excuse to sleep in

Movin on up m8s
>>
>>37611222
You do know you literally never have to come in on your days off, or any unscheduled time, right? The reason you got "cucked" is because you're a spineless pussy that can't so much as ignore the calls, let alone say no. Or you'rean actual cuckold that enjoyed the abuse.
>>
>>37602436
That's the american dream? Seems very disappointing.

Do you really need to spend 1200$/month on medical insurance and retirement?
Here you can get a decent insurance for 500-1000 tops euros/year.
As for retirement, consider that you can work till you're 60, and then move to a much cheaper area on a mortgage. Also it's annoying but getting a roommate will halve your income.

I can only dream of 3k monthly after taxes, and I guess it's not great in the US but you can reduce

400 rent
300 retirement
200-300 health insurance(just pay a shrink directly)
You can also buy a used car for 3-4k and get rid of the monthly installments although it's only borderline worth it.

Also if you're 40 and you don't date now, you'll never date and you'll die alone.
I'd rather live a little in my 40s than die alone with a pension.
>>
>>37608678
desu that sounds pretty great. I would love to have a wife that makes heaps.
>>
>>37611334
I usually did ignore the calls, unless i was getting only one or two shifts a week, then id answer once .

Didn't stop them from fucking around with my schedule, then pull the "well you work in retail so we need flexibility! " and "we have no one else to work it! " cards.

I must have enjoyed it, as i was too lazy to find another job until after i got fired.
>>
>>37602436
Fucking kys man, this is the dumbest...literally the dumbest...monthly budget I have ever seen

Get a job with health insurance, stop being a "muh retirement" cuck
>>
>no jobs in my area except for general labour

should i just bite the bullet, lads?
>>
You could have 1600$/mo to spend if you actually dropped all the crap you don't need crap.
>>
>>37603491
c-cute! I wanna help you at work!
>>
> Work part-time, maybe 22h/week
> Have rents to pay and stuff
> Just a bit above minimum wage
> Get paid almost 3 time what I actually need
I thought it would be harder than this.
>>
how do you deal with only having one work uniform?

Trying to save up money to buy more uniform clothes, but it's difficult to find pants of a certain style for size that's also affordable. Tried going on company's official website to buy more shirts, but Firefox/Chrome says the website isn't secure and I shouldn't use any personal info on it.
>>
>>37612938
My uniform is just a short sleeve white coat, I can wear whatever under that so it's never monotonous. I wash it once a week and it's good as new.
>>
>>37601346
i work as a cashier and something like 9/10 customers are nice and friendly to me.

sure every now and then you get an absolute asshole but most customers are normal, friendsly folks.

maybe it's a cultural thing that differs between countries?
>>
As long as you speak clearly, show that you're knowledgeable about the restaurant, and aren't slow with service , a rude customer is just someone who is offended by being called "hun/sir/senpai/etc" or doesn't say "please" or "thank you"
>>
>>37613061

What country? desu niggers
>>
>>37613164
sweden

inb4 memes
>>
>>37613171

despite it being the number 1 ISIS stronghold, im jealous of your weather

fuck arizona heat
>>
Make ~$1850/month after taxes/health insurance.

Rent: $754
Water: $45
Electric: $75
Internet: $45
Phone: $60
Gas: $120

$750/month remaining for food and everything else.
>>
>Work as an assistant manager
>Countless little HR things needed to be known and brought up in case boss asks me a question
>Always feel like an idiot because boss has +10 years experience and has never guided me on what to do.
>>
>>37613268
actually belgium and denmark provides higher numbers per capita.

not to say that our situation is good by any means but yeah.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/isis-terror-recruiting-europe-belgium-france-denmark-sweden-germany/
>>
>>37613286
>$750/month remaining for food and everything else.
I would be content with this
>>
>>37606001
>What are you doing Anon? Your 2 second break is over. Get back to work.
I worked in a call centre that would literally do this
>>
>>37613380
>>37606001
>>37613380
>my break is delayed by 5-10 minutes from its scheduled time due to high customer pressure
>tell the person responsible that my break is getting late when i get the chance to
>"oh shit im so sorry anon i will get someone to reliveve you in just a minute"
>get relieve so that i can get my union allocated break

Feels pretty okay desu.
>>
Im in the Military, Im making alot more then my friends around me only because its technically a 24/7 paying/working job. Even in the military people manage to fuck themselves into situations where spending so much on car payments and insurance for the car and rent for off base housing and other such things nearly puts them into debt. Thats to say the person isn't already in some retarded amount of debt already which forces them to reenlist
>>
>work at maccas
>ask customer to park their car in the parking bay as theres a small wait on their order about 3-4 minutes
>stupid junkies say no it'll be quicker if we wait here
>"I dont care just park your car and we'll bring it out"
>junkies say "It better be within 4 minutes like you said or there will be trouble"
>finally have parked their car
>slammed at the moment with 3 cars in the parking bay, their order is on 400 seconds, beeping the horn at me
>finally take their food out, raining at the same time
>the junkie mum walks out of her car
>drop one of the bags of food
>"Oh fuck"
>junkie mum starts to yell and shit at me, kids in the back are laughing at me
>I stutter and try to apologise and just run back in

All I want to do is just not be a fucking beta and stand up for myself for once, but I just freeze up and keep saying sorry.
>>
>>37613509
why do you even have to live ?
>>
File: 1429200745129.jpg (253KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1429200745129.jpg
253KB, 2048x1447px
>Can I speak to your manager?
>Anon, in my office now!
>This food is gross! I know you didn't make the food but I'm going to complain to you!
>>
>>37613509
Sorry mate, but keep in mind it's not easy to mess with a pack of niggers or junkies. You'll do better next time.
>>
I actually love working at McDonalds. When I was working at chik-fil-a I was forced to interact with normies and be constantly happy. At McDonald's everyone expects the lowest from you so you can just half ass everything. McDonald is a God send
>>
have you seen the airport workers? No timer but still what a hellhole to cook food in
>>
File: tumblr_nzb3nnROKH1v0pigno1_1280.jpg (187KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzb3nnROKH1v0pigno1_1280.jpg
187KB, 1280x800px
WHENEVER I DIP THE FRIES IN THE FRYER THE FUCKING GREASE JUMPS UP AND BURNS ME!!!! REEEEE!
>>
>be neet but clock is slowly ticking so I probably have to change that soon
>apply to a few comfy jobs but don't get any
>stop bothering
>hear about cryptocurrency from a friend and decide to give it a shot since I'd invested before and I'm decent at math
>go up a bit before investing more and making one big trade that cost me a lot
>always learned from my mistakes and kept at it and eventually recovered them to a much higher amount than i started
>I now make hundreds a day and am still a comfy neet
how's being a wagie for Mr sheklestein going brainlets?
>>
>>37613736
I love working at my job at maccas, you gotta be lucky with your store and managers tho, and all of the managers have favorites, even if you work harder at your job and are better than them, they are the ones that get promoted and are treated well by everyone.
>>
>>37602930
>Literally live in the middle of nowhere, former Eastern Bloc country shithole
>USSR collapses
>no more safetynet, children starved to death
>Either work in a factory making dildos in your golden years or literally die
>You didn't survive Stalin's purges by being a huge pussy

There's being a wageslave and then there is literal survival. They have no other options.

I'm reminded of a Simpsons quote directed at Homer. "If you were born in any other country in the world, you would have starved to death long ago."
>>
>>37606185
To solve the 1.5 years unaccounted for problem. I am lying on my resume saying that i am self employed. To make it more believable i spent $10 getting some business cards printed for my "business" to hand out during interviews and spend another $20 to register a domain name and create a web-page. Just put up a page saying it's under construction. That should get them off your back. There never doing to bother doing a real check to see if your business is legit or not.
>>
>>37607334
I live in North Aus too where you live anon?
>>
>>37611166
Good news is that it's just a summer job. I'm only going to be working it until I finish cognitive behavioral therapy, then it's back to college hopefully.

Were you a seasonal worker? AKA Bezos Claus's personal reserve army of labor? The door thing sounds like something from a dystopian film.
>>
What are some protips you've learned from your job?
I used to work at a pool and it's caused me to swear off hot tubs and saunas for life. They are fucking disgusting.
>>
>>37607334

don't trust >>37614256 he's going to rape you
>>
>>37601346
working as a SERVER
/thread
>>
>>37614686
>don't trust >>37614256 he's going to rape you

No, He's not **cough**. Can you at least narrow it down to a state? QLD, NT, WA?
>>
File: 1496954540335.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496954540335.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
This thread really fucking bums me out.
To think, there are people making 50-60K a year and they are still fucking struggling to live comfortably just makes me not even want to bother.
Why should I go out, bust my ass to get some shitty minimum wage job just so I can spend all my hard earned money on basic living necessities any way?
Even basic health insurance would take up majority of my income.

It's all so tiresome. Fuck this country and fuck society for doing this to its working class.

I don't expect to live like a fucking celebrity. I just imagined I could live decently on a 30K income for a little while. My very first job was working as a bagger at a grocery store. I w as making 7.25 an hour, with average at a bout 200 dollars a week(full time). I still lived at home and I couldnt fucking save any money. I couldn't go out and have fun or even buy new clothes. Living on my own was out of the fucking question.
And now it doest seem like its going to get any better.
Sometimes I just with an asteroid would hit the planet and kill thousandds of people....
Atleast then there would be tons of new jobs available in the aftermath. At this point I wouldnt even care if I died in the fallout
>>
>>37614686
I'm just stuck in a small town in the middle of nowhere too bored out of my mind
>>
File: 1494788808402.jpg (352KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494788808402.jpg
352KB, 800x600px
I'm stuck working at Target because I'm too much of a brainlet/terrible at math to get into the college meme and work toward a degree. Also this company is run by huge SJW kikes who thought it would be a good idea to virtue-signal their sales into the toilet with that culture war bathroom thing. Only getting 12 hours a week now, probably quitting soon
>>
>>37614779

Having a job you hate is "better" than no job at all. It gives you experience , puts a roof over your head, and puts food on table. People respect you a lot more for having a job. Even if you're forced to do something like cashier or customer service and you're a robot, it will help with your social skills.
>>
>>37614936
>Having a job you hate is "better" than no job at all.
its funny you actually believe any of that
Definition of a wageslave.
>>
warehouse is better than working at retail, but not by much. it's all shit, just pray for world war III and nuclear warfare.
>>
File: IMG_0068.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0068.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I've done a lot of retail work in a lot of different places. I have to say it's definitely the hardest sector because of a combination of the flexibility you need to provide, the interactions with fucking moron employees and the total lack of respect you receive.

I used to be completely busy working but still somehow able to feel every second go by. When I'd finish my shift I'd only feel dread for the next shift. After less than a month in any of these jobs I'd spend every shift dreaming about quitting. Eventually I did and put all my effort into getting the job I wanted working out bush as a pilot.

Flying a small plane is the perfect robot job. You spend most of the day totally independent managing the safety of the flight you're doing. You barely talk to the passengers at all. I work 10 hour days and enjoy every minute of it.
>>
>>37601346
I fucked hated retail. I need money and I have a lot of experience in retail so I just got a job as a stock associate. Hoping I spend 90% of my time hiding in the back room while chatting with cuties at work
>>
File: 1490316296312.jpg (121KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1490316296312.jpg
121KB, 1000x666px
>Be local truck driver
>never get a lunch break because I have to punch out
>can't punch out because I'm out delivering shit
>when I do get to eat lunch, I have to take half because most warehouses close at 4:30pm and have to make it before they close
>get yelled at because traffic
>pay is fucking shit because less than two years with CDL
>mfw rush hour traffic
>>
>>37615033
I have a lot of respect for truck drivers desu
>>
>>37614992
Any high skills job with little interaction with the trash of society can be a robot job.
The thing is most robots are totally unqualified for majority of them. And lets be honest, most of us are pretty stupid so doing retail is the best we can do.
>>
>>37615107
That's true. But many wagies don't realise the complete disrespect you get in retail is NOT the norm. Working a trade requires very little intelligence just a few years of dedication and you'll be treated like more than a piece of meat. If you're in retail and you don't have an escape plan start making one.
>>
>>37615085
Thanks senpai, but I most likely don't deliver shit you use, mostly Asian food products
>>
>tfw working Public Sector
>Sweet sweet benefits with little work to do

feels nice
>>
>>37606498
that's only true in perceptions of the people hiring, hiring managers who know what they are doing know that cooks are extremely organized, quick, and good at problem solving and that skill can be applied to other things
>>
File: delete-this-feel-men-s-t-shirt.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
delete-this-feel-men-s-t-shirt.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
Is it normal for your supervisors to talk to you with absolutely zero respect like you're some kind of subhuman?
What makes them think they can get away with treating people like this??? Should I stand up for myself or is it normal and I just need to accept it and be quiet? As fucked up as it sounds, im afraid that telling them to fuck off and stop talking down to me like a dog will get me fired.
>>
>>37615457
I think the only way to get them to treat you right and leave you alone is to scare them to the point where they are afraid to fire you. Start reading gun magazines during your lunch break. Start openly talking about local murders. Make veiled threats and implications to managers about what you will do if they fire you. Most normies think quiet people are serial killers anyway. Use it to your advantage.
>>
File: muhmuh.jpg (136KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
muhmuh.jpg
136KB, 1000x1430px
>working construction
>learning a lot, making ok money, I like working
>always wanted to work on a boat
>get employed by a company
>quit my construction job
>"we'll need you in 1-2 weeks anon, we'll call you then"
>ok I can wait
>7 weeks have passed and they don't respond to my calls or emails

God fucking damnit I could have been working my comfy construction job they were just about to train me to climb cellphone towers and give me a raise REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 134285747287482.png (178KB, 274x344px) Image search: [Google]
134285747287482.png
178KB, 274x344px
>>37615659
>quitting a sure thing for muh boat

Are you Kenny?
>>
>>37615575
This is actually a good idea.
Most managers/supervisors are pussies that aren't used to confrontation. Just be assertive and stare them down like the ass kissing cucks they are.
>>
fellow retail wagecucks:

has anyone else noticed an influx of old-ass retired boomers getting part-time jobs? Pretty much everyone hired at my job just in the past year has been 60 or older. I fucking hate them all.
>>
>>37616222
Nobody can retire anymore. Your expected to work until the day you drop dead. The government has been reducing the old-age pension to the point you cannot live off it without subsiding your income. Their market backed 401k's lost 90% of their value during the Global Financial Crisis. So they are forced to go back to the workforce. Welcome to your future "retirement" r9k.
>>
File: 1497022339545.jpg (49KB, 736x730px) Image search: [Google]
1497022339545.jpg
49KB, 736x730px
>>37610305
That's a pipe dream. Even with a good degree, nearly every job in all fields want to pay you as little as possible and either give you an "ok" pay but not enough hours or too many hours but shit pay. You'll rarely find a "good" job that has both good hours and pay. And for the jobs that pay the best, they force so many hours on you that even though you'll have the money, you won't ever be able to use it because you'll never have the time to actually have any sort of social or personal life anymore.
>>
>>37603724
In America, it's more than legal. The "disincentive" is overtime pay at time and a half, even though there are fucking business reports talking about how it's more profitable to overwork employees than to hire more.
>>
>>37604157
These days I don't know if I should lie about being white.
>>
File: 1496983303180.png (266KB, 534x388px) Image search: [Google]
1496983303180.png
266KB, 534x388px
>>37604133
America. I have 2 full-time jobs and 1 part-time job.
Warehouse associate: $8.10ph (full-time)
Hotel security: $10.97ph (full-time)
Accounting assistant: $16.43ph (part-time)
I only get 2 hours of sleep every day and I live off of the 5-hour energy drink and coffee to keep me up. only time I ever eat is during breaks and I work every day.
I want to kill myself
>>
>>37616538
damn how much money do you usually get at the end of a month?
>>
>>37603531
at least ur money will be able to be used for funeral services :^)
>>
>>37604309
>he doesnt do it for free
You had one job anon
>>
>>37603137
Lel, my 100mbs connection which is pretty basic costs around 20 Yuropian credits.
>>
>>37603792
god shut the fuck up you stupid commie faggot
maximizing corporate profit is literally the goal of every single corporation you moron, quit acting like it's all the fault of capitalism
>>
>>37606580
>tfw i worked for Emirates and they did it all for free, even the training fees
>>
>>37601346
>working at Jack in the Box
>lady comes in, wants some curly fries with cheese sauce
>it's incredibly busy today, gonna have to hurry our shit up
>New guy Mark hands her fucking fries out the window to the drive through
>she sees this, has been waiting for her order for at least 10 minutes, and flips a nipple
>honest mistake, whatever
>make up another batch of fries for her asap
>turn around to get them
>mark HANDS THEM OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW AGAIN
>about to kill him
>she sees again and gets even more pissed
>mark turns around, gets right up in her face and says "you know what lady, you don't know how hard it is to work in fast food so why don't you just be patient"
>markyoufuckingretard.jpg
>thought her head was going to explode
>she asks for a refund
>wants to speak to a manager
>smile for her, apologize
>"ma'am, i will personally take care of your order from here on and make 100% sure that you get your food as fast as possible"
>she calms down
>fries are done, scoop some into a box
>set them down for one second to help one of the new guys with the register
>my fucking fast food senses start tingling
>turn around
>it's mark and he's got the fries and he's ready to hand them out the drive through
>practically leap over to him and grab the fries
>"if I was the manager i'd fucking fire you, you stupid piece of shit"
>grab some cheese sauce and hand her the fries

It's not the customers that I had working with, it's the employees. I swear to god it's every month I have to deal with some stupid kid who doesn't know to just keep his mouth shut and keep the customer as happy as possible.

Yeah it sucks when a customer is mad at you, but in reality THEY are the ones who are getting scammed into buying a $13 meal that maybe costs the store $2 at most.
>>
>>37606185

Lie.

Claim you worked when you didn't. Half the time they don't check. Half the time they do, the place you didn't work at can't be assed to remember if you did or not and will just say theydon't remember, which is good enough for them.
>>
>>37602436
MetroPCS offers $50/month 28GB plans. Simply tether to your laptop when you need home internet and take advantage of public wifi when you can.
>>
>>37615033
>>get yelled at because traffic
>yelling at a truck hauling 30t that can easily fuck up their car and skyrocket the insurance.
Americans
>>
>>37612938
You need to buy your clothes for work? What the hell?
Factory job I have handles the clothing for us: safety shoes, pants, t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, jackets, hats.
If my shirt gets messy during clean up day, I'll go to clothing housing and ask for a new shirt and dump the dirty one with my locker number on washtag into the bin where its then taken to a separate industrial washing place.
If my shoes start to break I'll just go ask for new ones.
Gloves and earplugs you can go get from reserved lockers with no one asking.
>>
>>37617127
>You need to buy your clothes for work? What the hell?
I have had this issue with AA in the past, fucking people took too long to make my clothings (i was 6'2) and they didnt have uniforms my size, so i spent pretty much 45 days working with tailored clothes because they fucked up. And by the time i was dismissed, the shoes werent still ready.
>>
Currently working at a private golf club serving at a fine dining restaurant. Thinking about leaving everything to work for a cruiseline. I would get to travel to multiple countries and get free room and board. I would work lots of hours for shit pay. I'm struggling to pay bills, have few friends and don't want to see the girl who broke my heart anymore. Feel like this is the change I need, should I do it?
>>
File: 1496999326662.jpg (86KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496999326662.jpg
86KB, 1024x768px
>>37616616
$5699.84 after taxes
>I live off of ramen and anything with caffeine.
>I can't afford insurance, or even cheap weights.
>I live with a buddy of mine that has 4 jobs and our rent is only $800 but we rarely even get to enjoy more than 10 minutes in the apartment besides sleep and shower.
>my car broke down 3 years ago and haven't had time to get it fixed due to work so I bike it to all three jobs (thunder thighs)
>I have three dogs and a cat and maintaining them is expensive
>I have to send 1k to Cuba to help out my family over there every month (I can't see them but I at least want to take care of them)
>I can't afford going to a hospital unless it's an emergency
>I invest in stocks while at my accounting job because I REALLY want to retire by the time I hit 35
>I want to join the Marines but can't get /fit/ due to jobs and responsibilities
>I REALLY want to eventually have a family but can't even socialize with anyone besides my buddy due to work and responsibilities
>I honestly want to kill myself
My friend has it even worse with 4 jobs and only 30min of sleep everyday. He's a Chad in terms of looks but a robot in every other way.
>>
>>37617376
>>I live off of ramen
enjoy that sodium
>>
>>37617376
you mean die by 35
>>
>>37616872
That's explicitly the fault of capitalism, the only economic system to not only allow this glaring personality fault of corporations to fester, but even encourage it in hopes of a new host in the future to fester.
>>
>>37614957
T. Guy who thinks he's better for being lazy
>>
>>37617376
Go talk to an air force recruiter. Go marines or air force,nothing else. Just do some pull ups, run and sit ups. It's incredibly easy to get into a service, just work out a little and talk to recruiter
>>
>>37617401
If he bikes to work everyday then I highly doubt that
>>
>>37617376
Beans, milk, eggs, peanut butter. Why don't you make some room in your budget for these things? You are going to have health problems that will be more expensive for you in the long run if you are living off ramen, how hard is it to understand this?
>>
>>37617376
How the fuck can you live off of only 2 hours of sleep
>>
Say you save X dollars a year. Hopefully your job will have cost of living increases, so your salary will keep up with inflation. Meanwhile, inflation averages at 3% a year while an S&P index will appreciate by 10% a year, leading to a net gain of 7% a year. At the end of 10 years, you will have 13.816*X in 2017 dollars. At the end of 20 years, you will have 41*X in 2017 dollars.
>>
>>37617376
Mother fucked you must be spending your money on crazy shit that's good money nigga wtf.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
>>37606015
Literally the same situation as me. I can't even enjoy myself on my days off anymore because I feel like I'm being unproductive.

Work has destroyed me.
>>
>>37601990
>Isn't mandatory that every hire has to learn every position? how have you not done cashier or drive thru?

That is a company policy, not a law.
It can be easily ignored / have backdoors for managers.
I.E. You want to put the cute girl where the customers sees and the obese nigga in the back.
>>
>tfw read this entire thread because I'm procrastinating falling asleep for cuck retail job tomorrow
>so much time has passed
>have to wake up in 2 hours for work

Tomorrow will be rough lads
>>
>>37602169
Lols on you my fellow american.

Here I make 37K/year
- pay taxes
- own 160k house
- ride scooter to work
- save money
>>
>do an interview
>everything seems to be going alright
>tells me he'll call me in a couple days for the next part of the interview process
>its been like two weeks now and nothing
For fucks sake.
>>
>have to be at work in 3 hours for another 10 hour shift
>was going to go to sleep late but last time I did that I overslept since my body is used to 12 hours of sleep
>so now have to keep myself awake somehow
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JUST LET ME BE NEET ALREADY
>>
>>37618205
You call him then, or the store or whatever. And ask about the next part of the process.

I used to not do this because I thought it came off as pestering, but i learned that they like it.

Shows you are eager to work. The people that push through are the ones that succeed.
>>
File: 1496949566183.jpg (72KB, 667x516px) Image search: [Google]
1496949566183.jpg
72KB, 667x516px
>>37617562
Unless I want to end up quitting one of my jobs I literally have no time whatsoever for anything /fit/ related except for riding my bicycle to my jobs.

>>37617632
After I pay for everything that I need to pay for I'm only left with at least $20 and I only ever get to eat once a day everyday. Ramen is the cheapest crap I can get since I can go to a Dollar Tree store and get a month's worth for only $28-31
>>
>>37618339
You have a $70,000/year salary and you live on a dollar a day in terms of food. You *suck* at budgeting and I hope you pay through the nose in hospital visits later on.
>>
File: 1497005442052.jpg (54KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
1497005442052.jpg
54KB, 600x649px
>>37618009
The majority of my money goes to helping support my family, small bills, rent, pets(insanely expensive), and food (ramen)
I'm only ever left with $20-$30 at a time.

>>37617742
5-Hour Energy and a crap ton of coffee.
>>
>>37618422
Give away your pets to caring owners. If you still want animal companionship, volunteer at a pet shelter.
>>
>>37602647
>I can't buy clothes
Who the fuck buys clothes that often?
>>
>>37618406
Well how about you try killing yourself physically everyday while trying to financially support 3 siblings, 4 pets, and 20+ relatives (back in Cuba)? I never stated absolutely everything that I have to pay for so you wouldn't know anything of how I have to manage my money at all.
>>
File: 1496828556205.jpg (46KB, 606x918px) Image search: [Google]
1496828556205.jpg
46KB, 606x918px
>>37618468
>Live in Miami
>Try to give pets away to "caring owners"
>The majority of "caring owners" around here are abusive spics and niggers that'll throw the pets into the streets after a few months or kill them.
My cat was abused by former spic owners and is so attached to me that if he doesn't see me at least once a day he gets extremely depressed, suicidal, and starves himself.
Same shit goes for my dogs that had abusive nigger owners in Brownsville.
The moment I give them away is the moment they'll kill themselves. Not sure about you but I don't like the idea of my pets fucking themselves up because I abandoned them.
>>
>supporting my family out of country
Cuck.
Harmful cuck actually, people who embezzle money out of the country for their shitskin relatives are one of the worst things for the economy.
>>
Last night I worked until 2:30am, now I'm goin in to work at 7am to work an 8 hours shift with no sleep cause I couldn't fall asleep after getting home last night.
>>
>>37619224
You poor bastard. Try to think you aren't alone at least.
>>
File: 1491363190785.jpg (11KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1491363190785.jpg
11KB, 250x242px
>Boss is obnoxious as fuck and uses shitty unfunny jokes everyday
>>
>>37618823
Animals shouldn't be abused, you're very kind for taking care of those animals and not letting nignogs kill them
>>
>>37618823
enjoy being poor as hell then I guess. I mean you don't want to do anything to better your situation.
And your family survived before you moved to the US, I'm sure they'll survive without your money as well.
>>
File: IMG_3118.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3118.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>took adderall
>awaiting to clock in and blast through shift
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.