[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people refuse to accept that transsexuality (MtF

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3

File: exception.png (17KB, 1156x452px) Image search: [Google]
exception.png
17KB, 1156x452px
Why do some people refuse to accept that transsexuality (MtF or FtM, not some tumblr shit) is an actual condition?

pic unrelated
>>
>>37596556
go to the nuthouse you insipid fuck. your shit isnt normal its a disease stfu about it and sort yourself out
>>
>>37596627
I am not trans. Several of my friends are.
>>
>>37596556
The supposed reason Dysphoria is legit is because their brains are more similar to the opposite gender, but the problem with that is that its also true for homosexuals, so why do some feel the need to cut their dick off but others don't?
>>
>>37596663
I guess brains can be more similar to opposite gender in different ways/structures. Like a similarity in one part of the brain causes homosexuality, the similarity in some other part causes transsexuality.
>>
My parents are one of those people. They fucking hate me for wanting to date a transgirl and keep telling me it's a guy
How do I deal with them?
>>
>>37596697
Why do they oppose it? I think education is the key. The more you see into something the more you understand how complex something is, and your parents probably don't see into it, so they fear what they don't know.
>>
>>37596749

>ugh, you're just ignorant. i'm not just a mentally ill deranged tranny faggot! it's, like, COMPLEX!

islam deserves to win
>>
>>37596556
gender dysphoria is a legitimate medical condition, but unfortunately the medical consensus seems to be mutilating the body is the best course of action
>>
>>37596770
Yeah, it is ignorance. I am ignorant of much of math, as I don't really have a grasp on it, that doesn't mean smarter people don't. If somebody explains something to you in a way that's logical and makes sense, you would change your opinion, right?
>>
>>37596861
The transitioning is sadly the only option trans people today have to stop the nagging dysphoria. If there was a pill that could rid them of it, it would be swell.
>>
>>37596882
I think they make pills made out of lead that have a copper jacket to make them go down easy.
>>
>>37596697
They aren't wrong, its not nice, but they aren't wrong.
>>
>>37596891
I think those people would prefer to still be alive after the treatment, though.
>>
>>37596926
judging from the suicide statistics, I think they beg to disagree
>>
>>37596556
Some people are just assholes or they are part of the /pol/ hive mind. I don't really care what people are as long as it doesn't effect me.
>>
>>37596941
Well that's after treatment didn't work for them the suicide rate isn't 100% you know
>>
>>37596957
all I'm saying is that a bullet would immediately stop any sort of nagging dysphoria
>>
Because people don't like change, it scares them and shatters their oh so precious worldview and traditional values that have been etched in granite.
I honestly welcome transsexuals. Let's face it, most of you freaks will never fuck a woman. Maybe you can fuck a woman (male).
>>
>>37597008
Why wouldn't you just cut a hole in your calf and fuck that? It's almost the same thing.
>>
>>37596882
How would you know? It doesn't actually seem like most anything other than transitioning has been tried.
>>
>>37597022
Except it's not the same thing.
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>37597022
A hole in my calf isn't a person I can love and be together with
>>
>>37597041
It is if you just believe.
I mean, you can believe an open wound is a vagina, right?
>>
>>37596749
Complex? Simple anatomy man
>>
>>37597053
Woah, check your privilege dude.
Some people have mental illness that makes them think they're something they're not, and if you don't respect that, you're a bigot.

Everyone else pray for me, I'm going in to get my surgery tomorrow. Soon I'll be a real bird with real wings.
>>
>>37597033
Because the best things people could come out with to "cure" it were praying, shock therapy, chemical castration and beating other people and none of that worked
>>
>>37597103
I guess actual psycho-active medicine and regular therapy would be a good place to start trying
>>
File: 1214519353088.jpg (60KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
1214519353088.jpg
60KB, 600x780px
>>37596556

It's not that they don't think it's real necessarily, it's that pretending it isn't real is a good way to fight their half of the "culture war." Transexuality is the new homosexuality in the "war" between regressive Christians and everyone else.

The problem rhetorically is that if you admit that gender dysphoria is a condition, as in a medical condition, you admit that people are blameless for having it, and it becomes incredibly difficult to justify cracking down on people engaged in transexuality without revealing your evangelical stupidity. If, however, you conceive of the whole thing as something people choose to do, then you can call it deviancy and a social ill or whatever. You'll notice less practiced advocates on this scream "THEY'RE MENTALLY ILL" about transexuals, but they mean that as the person is crazy, not that they have this specific condition, because again if they have a specific condition then they're blameless, but if transexuality is simply a symptom of more general madness then it's bad.

So they employ those tactics of denying the condition in order to get to what they want, suppressing transexuality. Same as with that recent bathroom law; the formal reasoning was to prevent sex crimes in bathrooms, but nobody on either side really believed that. Both the supporters and opponents understood that really it was about creating reasons to arrest transexuals for being transexuals and generally make their lives harder. Christian regressives have lost the fight on homosexuality; never again will they be able to systematically oppress people for having non-hetero lifestyles, but they can still get after transexuals for a while because support isn't quite as broad yet.
>>
>>37597071
>Soon I'll be a real bird with real wings.

pretty much this OP, little kids want to be dinosaurs and shit but you dont tell your kids its ok to get a lizard tail surgically attatched to them, you tell them to accept reality

go ahead mutilate your dick or w/e, nut just know that you will not be accepted by most people and wont have an easy life, your choosing life as an outcast/outlier so dont expect people to like or even respect you, transitioning can be construed as an insult toward anyone of the gender you were born as
>>
>>37597134
>toward anyone of the gender you were born as
or the one that you are transitioning to
>>
>>37596556
Yeah. It's a mental illness and we should be treating it as such. I don't know why that's so hard for people to accept.
>>
>>37596556
It's legit in some cases but transitioning is not the cure
>>
>>37596556
The feelings of gender dysphoria may actually be real, but that things like SRS which is purely cosmetic actually has an effect on it makes me doubt its authenticity.
>>
>>37597053
>simple anatomy
>simple
>>
Just because Trannys are mentally ill doesn't suggest that Transitioning is a valid treatment.
Schizophrenics aren't told that the voices they hear are real.

You're simply creating more people dependent on pills to survive and function normally.
>>
>>37597256
I haven't tried it myself, but apparently the aesthetics matter to the brain to ascertain what its body is and it can be fooled easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoJEdag1v10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaICGtRNyro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DphlhmtGRqI
>>
>>37597545
I agree that it is not really a "cure", but it makes living for them more bearable, that's unfortunately the best we can do now.
>>
>>37596556
It's an illness, you're just living in lie telling yourself that "it's other peoples fault for not understanding me!".
>>
>>37596556
It's retarded.
How can someone born male say they 100% identify as female? How can something with a dick even remotely understand what it is like having a vagina in a world like this? Their brain scans show activity in parts of the brain women's brain show activity in during sex? Or they really like housework and cooking. Okay so let's say then they're 30% female, they're still 70% male.
Until they get matching parts their gender is heshe

As for females identifying as male, that is a farce almost as hilarious as a male thinking he's female.
>>
>>37597981

You should look at the science behind it.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/gender-lines-science-transgender-identity/

If you don't trust harvard, I'm not sure of a source you would trust.

tl;dr: People with transgenderism have physically different brains than those who don't. These are identifiable -- that is, if you really wanted to, you could make it so only people who actually have the disease could switch.
>>
>>37596556
Just low iq people that refuse to believe in medical conditions. It's like how mental illnesses don't exist to black families.
>>
>>37597123
It's funny you bring up religious people being against trans movement when it's all a ploy to convince the masses God is real and God is merciful
>>
>>37596556
Non-transitioning trans person here. I can assure you, dysphoria is VERY real.

I've chosen to wait for a proper cure, rather than transitioning.
>>
>>37598057
Welcome to the club I don't know if I will last much longer though
>>
>>37596556
the "condition" is a mental illness, known as gender dysphoria. When a person is depressed, you give them tools to be happy, when someone has OCD, you teach them to break those habits and ease them into not being dependent on them, but gender dysphoria is the only mental illness that gets treated by just giving in.

I'm personally not against transgenderism or whatever, it doesn't personally affect me, but people should learn to accept what they are. No amount of estrogen will turn your Y chromosome into another X. you're going to be a man until the day you die if you're born one, regardless of what tumblr will tell you.
>>
>>37598034
It's a leap to say what the scans show means somehow in utero the patient went against their chromosome, went against science, and developed a brain of the opposite sex.

And even still they need a vag to be a woman
>>
>>37597981
Tranny here: if I had the option of being transplanted into a body of a female, I would do it in a heartbeat, even if fat and ugly.
>>
>>37598078
Indeed this, I suffer from non-trans related issues as well as dysphoria. Until a true cure exists, I'm going to be patient. I've survived this long, I didn't think I'd make it but I've made it for over 10 years now. Hold in there.
>>
>>37598090
>When a person is depressed, you give them tools to be happy, when someone has OCD, you teach them to break those habits and when someone has gender dysphoria you should let them suffer until they kill themselves
>>
>>37598090
Been trying to accept who I am for over 10 years. Still waiting for a cure.

>>37598095
The BSTc studies are something, but they lack showing exactly how people become trans. If we can work that out, a cure can be worked on.

If it is not changable through any means, then they can develop drugs to just block that part of the brain.
>>
>>37598106
This. It's even worse for trans people that actually want a cure, and would rather die than transition. The only hope is in the future for us.
>>
>>37598124
>cure
It is a man made condition. The cure is doing the opposite of whatever we did to create it.
>>
>>37598095

The brains are still physically different. You don't bat an eye when someone without the ability to hear gets surgery to alter their heads to get hearing aids implanted into their brains (cochlear implants), why does it bother you when a different physical deformity needs surgery to fix? To a part of the body you won't even see?

I actually want to understand as I'm a straight dude who doesn't really get the trans people either -- but people like you who flat out act like they're making shit up are just so fucking silly.
>>
>>37598106
im saying there should be some alternative to transitioning.Its a mental illness just like OCD or depression, so why isn't it treated like those? Its the only mental illness whose "cure" is a phtsical change.
>>
I've got an intense yearning desire to be a cute girl. What reason do I have to believe that "transsexuals" aren't just people like me who aren't as good at accepting cruel reality?
>>
>>37598161
I'd love to find out how it was created! But when you do not have an answer to people's suffering, it's like telling someone who has incurable cancer "Go fuck yourself, you can't use experimental treatments." I'm a non-transitioner for the record.

>>37598168
I completely, and totally agree - and think this id a bigger issue than even transition acceptance. Your options are transition or suffer, if you have dysphoria. It's fucked.
>>37598183
If you have an intense yearning desire to be a cute girl, and it causes you distress, I've got bad news for you...
>>
>>37598162
Their brain isn't physically deformed, it like every other fucking fully formed brain to ever exist is complex.
And again saying what the scans show is proof they have a brain of the opposite sex is like connecting dot A to dot Q, it's completely arbitrary
>>
>>37598231
Completely agree. The studies are heavily, heavily lacking. But transition is currently the ONLY option for transgender people.

It's like denying weed to a cancer patient.
>>
>>37598228
gender dysphoria is not a physical condition, retard, it is not comparable to a physical condition at all
>>
>>37596556
Whats the difference between a transsexual actually becoming a women when the science reaches the point that its possible and a schizophrenic who believes he is a dog becoming one when the science reaches that point? Is the schizo no longer delusional if he actually could have his mind implanted into a dog?
>>
>>3759824
No it is not like that. A dose of reality could probably do these trannys some good. They don't think they are women, they have no idea what it is like to be women so what the fuck do they think they are identifying with?
>>
>>37598248
Okay, say someone had schizophrenia, and there was no known treatment except HRT. Would you deny that person an experimental treatment to help them? Also, your namecalling shows your insecurities.
>>
>>37598291
If you suffer with this illness, what the fuck are you even supposed to do? For some people, it's literally transition or suicide. And if you encourage suicide over life, please consider suicide yourself.
>>
>>37598311
It seems more like a form of retardation than anything else. If realizing their idea of what a woman is is incorrect but they still hold on to that idea maybe they're retarded?
>>
>>37598252
>schizophrenic who believes he is a dog
The politically correct term is transpecies, anon.
>>
Let me share with you a few grips I have regarding transsexuality:

It is, in fact, a condition. An illness. A state of mind that drives you into depression and possibly suicide is not something worthy of praise. We should do our best to combat dysphoria (pills, transitions, whatever), just as we do with depression, but for that we must accept it is a problem that needs to be solved.

Sometimes it is a completely man-made hysteria. We have 5 year olds with no grasp on the concepts of sexuality, gender and all that jazz transitioning. I find it really hard to believe that there hasn't been any push coming from the child's environment (most probably family), and now he has been sentenced to a life of confusion, hormones and ostracism. Again, it is not a thing we should be pushing on people, even less on children.

Society as a whole leans towards progressivism, as it always has. Give it a few decades and being transgender will be seen as normal as being gay is nowadays. Yeah, you will always have your allahu akbars and bible thumpers denouncing degenerates, but the west as a whole is on the brink of embracing transgenderism. Don't get your panties in a bunch because you are seen as outcasts right now, this is a war of attrition you will eventually win.
>>
Trans people kill themselves at early age anyway so it's a self-solving problem.
>>
>>37598740
I agree with you. I think the acceptance of transgender persons is a good thing, but I don't think it should be propagated as something to be proud of (which in itself is a reaction to the people who rally against the acceptance).

I am watching the original Star Trek now and you can really see how attitudes shifted, and how in some respects Star Trek was ahead of its time. It will be interesting to see how society changes in the next 30 years.
>>
>>37598057
>>37598078
>>37598102
Do you guys/gals have good lives? Good jobs, loving family, money, friends, good looks, etc - any or all of that stuff?

Most of the trans people I know have had pretty abysmal lives, but I don't know if that's a cause or a symptom.
>>
>>37596556
Because it is unfamiliar and bizarre to them, and questioning gender roles makes them uncomfortable.
>>
It's a condition but sadly there is no real way to actually become a woman as of now.
Also it's pretty worrying since there are other mentally ill people that identify with animals or dragons and shit.
The best way to help those people would be to help them accepting who they are and not supporting them by improving their disguise.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>37596556
>he hasn't accepted the nine-sex model
>>
>>37596694
This. There's a theory that brain is actually a mosaic which can consist of masculine and feminine parts.
>>
>>37599833
I'm 165 cm and 49 kg.
Who I am is a twink.
Why not just transition considering I'm a girl born with penis, balls and facial hair?
>>
>>37600114
I watched a documentary that the biggest differences between male and female brains takes place in puberty.
Don't let your brain get infected by testosterone, take oestrogen and you'll just become a girl.
>>
>>37596556
Paedophilia is a mental illness but you dont tell peaedos to rape c hhhh ildren
tldr kys tranny scum
>>
>>37600147
Because you'll never be a girl with modern tech.
I think it's pretty sad that the acceptance of weak men is so low that they'd rather transition even if they could live happy as men if they'd be accepted.
>>
I feel sorry for transsexuals. The right wants them all to die, and left just wants them to transition. Every transgender person I've known who has transitioned still felt miserable inside. The truth is there needs to be a cure. But the left finds this bigotted, that we just need to accept them for who they are. This is why there will never be a cure.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.