[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fast Food Cashier

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: touch menu.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
touch menu.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
is there some website online where I can practice messing around with a restaurant's touchscreen register menu?

I want to be better at learning cashier. Currently I'm slow because I don't know the whole menu, how to handle custom orders, how to adjust orders once they have been placed, etc
>>
>co-worker scolding me again for being slow at the cashier
>>
>>37594773
Where are you working at, I might be able to help
>>
You must be pretty fucking stupid if you can't work a cash register in 2017. You dont even need to do math anymore. All you're doing is pressing buttons.

I can't wait until the machines take your job
>>
>>37595295
congrats! Then you get to pay even more tax dollars for neet bucks to fund all these newly unemployed people, you retarded faggot!
>>
>>37594773

It's piss easy, OP. my advice to you is tap random combination's constantly. It becomes way too easy that you just get bored of it.
>>
>>37595253

Wendy's.

-there's no pictures
-a lot of the items have shortened names

I tend to screw up on custom orders and quickly locating the non-combo items.
>>
>>37595337
Not if we cull the herd
>>
>>37595295

Working the cashier is easy. It's just quickly finding the items as the customer is talking is the hard part for new hires. Order taking should take less than a minute, but not knowing where to find everything and how to adjust for custom orders can make order taking tedious for the both the team and the customer.
>>
>>37595351
If America we're willing enough to submit to such social darwinism, there's a lot more important things we could do first besides that in order to better the country.

For the present however, automation is a reality, but eliminating welfare and unemployment benefits is not, so what you're saying is impractical.
>>
>>37595341

I fucking hate when companies do that shit. they need to upgrade their system and balance it out.

>worked at a theater
>the popcorn/soda isn't in one menu with the option of getting a combo
>certain candies are like the far end of the screen
>you literally have a candy that's on the kitchen option

No wonder people fuck up.
>>
>>37595368
>"Sorry Sir/Ma'am, my computer is running slow today."

How hard is that?
>>
>>37595392
>No wonder people fuck up.

Stupid people working low-tier jobs
>>
>>37595426
Who else would you want working those jobs? Smart people?
>>
>>37595426

Even a stupid person can see how cluttered a menu is.
>>
>>37595436
Machines my low-IQ friend
>>37595466
No, a stupid person see's a cluttered menu and puts up with it. A smart person networks and finds a better paying job where they won't have to deal with that kind of shit.
>>
>>37595489
>A smart person networks and finds a better paying job where they won't have to deal with that kind of shit

Yeah and they'll just say "You need more experience." you kinda have to deal with shit to get a better paying job.
>>
>>37595515
forget it, anon. He's too fargone.

He probably thinks his Jewish masters are doing a good job controlling the economy, and that anyone without a job must be a lazy, low iq sack of shit.
>>
>>37595426

You don't have to be stupid to be unfamiliar with a menu.
>>
less time training = more money goes to updating the machines vs. in training. and then the bitch is about too many updates, privacy restraints in those updates.
>>
>>37595426
I'm sorry your experiences have been poor :( I am here to put myself through school but I do care about your experience with us. I'll get better, anon!! [Not OP but some other servanon]
>>
>>37595295
>You must be pretty fucking stupid if you can't work a cash register in 2017. You dont even need to do math anymore. All you're doing is pressing buttons.
>I can't wait until the machines take your job

Oh the machines will take our jobs
I was a clerk at a grocery store and would always sperg the fuck out when I hand led the customers change. When it was a hot roastie I'd literally forget to give her the change and she would start screaming her ass on the store.
Machines will be more efficient and the rest of us can just be farmers or data scientist.
>>
>>37595515
>Yeah and they'll just say "You need more experience."

You're not wrong, that is often the case. Which is why you LIE on your resume. As long as a job doesn't require certain certifications, you can lie your way to a well paying job just by doing some background research into the position. If they ask for references and you have none, buy a burner cell and make up a name. Answer the phone with a slightly altered voice, and talk yourself up. If you put in any effort, almost any entry level job can be aquired.
>>37595524
>anyone without a job must be a lazy, low iq sack of shit.

If you're not diagnosed with a mental deficiency, or if you're not physically handicapped, then yeah this is the case 100% of the time
>>
>>37595426
Yeah lad, just look at how a good GUI will always Trump a bad one. People like windows or did because the GUI was simple, that's why the love apple so much now.

A cluttered screen is never good, even in retail.

Work at maccas.
>Have burgers on main menu, but then the cheese burger and double are in the saver menu despite being the most popular burgers.

Thankfully our system isn't that bad and we have a practice thing on our staff website
>>
>>37595580

>"lie on your resume" meme
>employer asks you to perform certain task thinking you're qualified
>"Anon I thought you knew how to do <thing you lied about>"

you can fake confidence, but you can't fake skill, especially if you're a robot. Robots get anxiety from not knowing better. You can't expect a robot to lie.
>>
>>37595580

That is a pretty fair point but I don't want to end up getting caught as well. Not sure if this is considered old fashioned, but I like to build my way up, keep good connections with every job no matter how "bad" it seems and get every experience. Also reap the benefits such as free pizza or movie for example. That's good as well.
>>
>>37595295
>Machines take your job
As a fast food worker I love the fact our store has the order machines. It means I'm 99% of the time not dealing with serving customers outside of handing them there food.
>>
Why can't cashiers be as simple as the Order Machines/Apps for customers?
>>
>>37595603
>you can't fake skill

Sure you can. Like I said before, do some research about the job and see what skills they require. Need to be proficient in Excel & C++? Google that shit, watch some videos, and put in the effort to know the basics. Need to know CPR/Nonviolent Restraint Techniques? Take a class, they're cheap and simple. If all you're doing is submitting a resume and hoping it'll stick, you're fucked from the get-go. Put in some god damned effort or stop complaining.

>>37595647
Networking is more viable now than ever before. Keep that up anon, just do your job well and try to reach out as often as you can
>>
>>37595682

It's because they're outdated as fuck and believe it or not that's slowly hemorrhaging money for them. Eventually that version of the OS and whatnot will die out.
>>
>>37595739
>Networking is more viable now than ever before. Keep that up anon, just do your job well and try to reach out as often as you can

Will do. I don't really have any problem with the job that I do, unless management is doing shady shit that'll jeopardize me. Other than that, I can deal with people because I don't take it personal. They're just as miserable as us and they want to stuff their face.
>>
>>37595790

and all they want to do is*

Damn I'm sleepy.
>>
How to sound more courteous as cashier? I don't want to offend customers by being socially inept.

What to say to customers when working drive thru?
>>
As someone who worked the register for fast food, you have to be literally fucking retarded to fuck it up. That being said, please stop giving a fuck about this job and focus on bettering yourself more. Your job will be GONE in 5 years. Machines can ALREADY do it better than you ever could.
>>
>>37596120
I wanna lick ur dick
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.