[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/frugal/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 564616824.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
564616824.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>make large portions of food/buy in bulk and keep leftovers in the freezer
>unscrew fridge lightbulb whenever I close it so it doesn't waste energy
>buy used clothing
>I'll frequently evaporate my piss over cling wrap to get any would-be wasted water from underneath it like in those survival shows
>take plants from under the overhang when it's raining to water them

What kinds of things do other robots do to save money?
>>
File: IMG_0468.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0468.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
Think about buying a thing
Don't buy it
>>
the fridge lightbulb turns off by itself when you close it but you can't see it because it's closed.
>>
i make oatmeal slush for most of my meals
>>
>>37586030
I like to peel off my own skin and eat it instead of buying food
>>
File: 568127536.jpg (369KB, 1199x1600px) Image search: [Google]
568127536.jpg
369KB, 1199x1600px
>>37586087
>actually believing the fridge lightbulbs go off

Kek, you know that's just a plot by lightbulb and refrigerator companies, right? Sure, they seem like they go off when they're partially closed because of that button thing, but stick a camera in there and see that they go back on when fully closed.
>>
>>37586030
might want a new fridge? the new ones take less energy than a lightbulb to run
>>
File: fgf.png (257KB, 421x573px) Image search: [Google]
fgf.png
257KB, 421x573px
>>37586075
this
>discover cool hobbies
>look up the things i need on amazon
>never buy and instead watch videos
>>
>>37586598
i just tried this with my phone camera, lights went off when it was closed.
>>
>>37586598
Yo there's a plastic switch on the right or left side inside the fridge . Play around with it and see what it does.
>>
>>37586030
I don't usually buy anything except for the essentials. Rarely I'll upgrade my workstation for $1-2k. My vices are limited to psychedelics and vodka, neither of which I consume all that much.

I haven't bought new clothes in around 4 years, and when I did, I just bought it from the supplier. Delta Apparel's "heather" texture is my favorite shirt type.

I work from home so my appearance doesn't matter. My hair is long and I cut it back a few inches every few months. My beard trimmer is old enough to be fucked legally and I stole it from my stepdad. It uses Eneloop Pro AAs which have been going strong for a few years. When I need to go out, I drive a '90s sedan that was given to me for free.

My family gives me random things to decorate with because they like to change things for no real reason.

My extra money is either put into checking ($5k buffer), hard assets (gold/silver), a Roth IRA, or gambled on crypto depending on my mood and my limits for the year.

I live like a monk because it doesn't take a lot to please me. I didn't have much of anything growing up and I never changed. I don't think I ever will.
>>
ive had the same phone for 5 years
>>
>>37586030
Go to the supermarket less than 2 hours before closing and pick up all the reduce produce being sold for pennies. Sometimes their's nothing, sometimes I can fill my entire basket.
>>
File: 14454.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
14454.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>37586710
you're fucking kidding me
>>
>>37586030
>yet you still have internet
>>
>>37587039
I have had a htc desire for 8 years or so, just bough the s7 and s8 not sure which to keep yet, I still look at other people or out the window if on a tram/train, but music is nice mane
>>
File: 1483940578702.png (39KB, 147x181px) Image search: [Google]
1483940578702.png
39KB, 147x181px
>>37586030
fucking christ I need dat ass on my face
>>
>>37587087

This is a very good strategy. Considering how most stores lock their garbage away this is also an effective tool against wasted groceries.
>>
>>37586030
>use ketchup instead of pasta sauce
>>
>>37587777
notice my quads fags
>>
>>37586030

Are you stupid? That thing is turned off by a switch when doors close...
>>
>>37587039
me too. I still find it weird sometimes that everyone has a smartphone nowadays
>>
>get over 700 quid per month in benefits
>waste it all and am constantly broke
I'm awful with money. I spend hundreds on fast food and cigarettes every month. If I find myself with 200+ in my account I can't resist buying something expensive I don't need.

How the fuck do I change this? I just bought a new laptop and monitor I don't need...
>>
>make my own beer and wine
>fill bigass jug up with milk, brotein, kale, and oat flour to replace breakfast and lunch(not much of a money saver but less decisions to make while still gaining weight, time frugality)
>use potassium alum chunk instead of deodorant
>diy laundry detergent
>homegym
>mild version of hypermiling(driving right instead of like a retard)
>bills set on auto-pay
>checking set to automatically invest anything over $2k in mutual funds after bills paid
>pirate books and animu
>diy buzzcuts

Good stuff, but I find meaningful processes yield much larger rewards than simple tips and tricks. They are a good start of course, but to really simplify life and finances things need to be done systematically and with intent behind them. Monthly menus, taking time to portion the frozen food into freezer meal kits so it's just a matter of cooking them without measuring, online orders all done on one day every two weeks, credit card with rewards program,etc.. It's more about striking the balance between time and money. Saving money is little good if the cost increases in time disproportionately for the equivalent.
>>
>>37586030
is that amy schumer? cause i would like to think it is
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.