[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tired of being neet, parents yell at me or passive agressive

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: 1475543237260.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475543237260.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
>tired of being neet, parents yell at me or passive agressive to me every other day
>look up jobs online
>its all 10+ hours at under $10, these people dont give a fuck about me and im supposed to be their dog for half the day, every day
>get discouraged and come back to 4chan
>every day since the start of the year
>will never be hired at this rate

i hate my life
>>
>>37575166
Do shelf stocking at nights anon
>>
>>37575197
But then i will never get to see my sister who is 9 still...well she already has a phone so shes probably going to end up being a bitch in a few years. I would prefer to work days though but i dont see anything like that, my mom would have to pick me up still since i cant drive yet
>>
>>37575166
>Got a stem meme degree in EE
>looking for jobs online, hunting for hours
>virtually every ad requires 2+ years of experience minimum (majority want between 5-10 years)
>apply anyway to these jobs
>400+ applications sent over the course of 13 months. 4 interviews (no offers), a handful of rejection letters, and the rest don't respond
>parents passive aggressively attack me if I'm not constantly pumping out resumes during all my waking hours
>don't even want to work at this point anymore, just want some form of basic income
>>
>>37575301
I mean you are way smarter and superior than me, but i understand you man. The first president candidate to offer basic income, they have my vote by default. They could shut down 4chan and i would still vote for them as long as i get money to live every month
>>
>>37575301
Where did you go to school?

How is unemployment possible when you got a degree in electrical engineering?

I guess the jobs only go to Chads these days.
>>
>>37575166
>its all 10+ hours at under $10, these people dont give a fuck about me and im supposed to be their dog for half the day, every day

Do you really prefer the alternative? Having your parents yell at you like you're a fucking child? Which by the way, you are acting like?

What makes you think you deserve more than 10$ an hour? Don't start on the "it's not livable", that's not what I asked.

If that's what your worth because of your lack of education and skills, that's all you are. Delaying applying until you see something worth twice as much come along won't do shit, because you won't get that job.
>>
>>37575481
Take your bootstraps and worths, and shove em up your ass.
>>
>>37575319
I just can't be bothered to work if this is how they treat people that didn't waste their time in college. I don't know if basic income is the answer, but I kinda don't want to work for these companies that turn their noses up to fresh college grads like myself.

>>37575324
Went to UBC. It's a problem because employers do not want to train anyone, thus require you to have work experience for what they state as an "entry level position". Couple that with the fact that it's only software jobs up here in BC and you have literally hundreds of EEs fighting over 1 job that didn't happen to mention work experience in their ad
>>
>>37575782
Did you do an internship?

If not, don't feel bad, I didn't do one either, but I'm totally fucked now.
>>
>>37575867
I didn't, mainly because I thought I'd apply for medical school and didn't want to elongate my undergrad further. But I figured out that I just didn't have interest in medicine nor did I really had the grades to be competitive.

Though, I wonder how much of a difference internships/coop would have made, because from people I've contacted in my grad year, they seem to be having the same issues as me.
>>
>>37575166
OP is a fag
>8 hour shift
>12.10 an hour
>benefits
literally get good OP
>>
>>37575166
I recommend working as a translator, especially for some smaller companies who don't want to pay for a real translation service. You work from home, set your hours, pay is quite good (7,5$ per hour, but I'm from Poland so it's quite nice and I have no costs, also can play vidya at the same time).

But you are probably an Americunt and know only one language lol
>>
>>37575481
Someone tell the baby boomer shits to get out of our thread. Go home grandpa
>>
File: Screenshot_20170606-222934.png (264KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170606-222934.png
264KB, 1080x1920px
Lmao at work. You're a retard so you have to settle for min wage or hard labor. I'll make your monthly wages in one night while I sleep.
>>
File: Boxxy.jpg (47KB, 625x390px) Image search: [Google]
Boxxy.jpg
47KB, 625x390px
>>37575166
2010-2011

Spent 12 hours every day on 4chan and slept 12 hours a day. Spent most the time on /b/, it was epic! Witnessed Boxxy what like January 10? 2010; legendary! She won the civil war. She shut the site down cause for like 24 hours straight or some shit at least 12 hours 9/10 basically every thread and post was about boxxy cause everyone wanted that coked up jailbait and were obsessed! Maybe on some Molly. If you said Boxxy when the site came back you got banned for 3 days so everyone got banned; that was my first ban!
>>
File: 1492610755715.jpg (65KB, 697x815px) Image search: [Google]
1492610755715.jpg
65KB, 697x815px
>>37577216

Buy the bean.
>>
>>37575166
>these people dont give a fuck about me
lmao is this nigga serious? what the fuck do you expect from an employer? you are literally an organic machine in the eyes of everyone in the system. welcome to the "real" world.
>>
File: 1494111973816.jpg (22KB, 417x365px) Image search: [Google]
1494111973816.jpg
22KB, 417x365px
>>37575166

>entry level job
>"at least 2 years experience in X field"

HOW DOES ANYBODY GET EXPERIENCE IF EVERYBODY NEEDS 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE
>>
File: 1493708259561.jpg (47KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493708259561.jpg
47KB, 320x320px
>>37575166
>applied for 50 jobs
>40 rejections
>10 without a answer
i just want a soulcrushing job and finally move out
>>
File: 1494739290444.png (792KB, 705x725px) Image search: [Google]
1494739290444.png
792KB, 705x725px
>>37575166
Do you have a good voice anon? I'm currently looking for a NEET voice actor to help me on a few projects for free at first, but sharing profits scaling as I actually make money.

clank#4132
i'm going to sleep now but if any NEET that isn't afraid to talk/voice act for me wants to gamble a few hours of their time every so often with the chance that my jewish schemes make big bucks in the future add me and we can get started when I wake up from nap

im a introverted high functioning autist so fair warning
>>
File: 1482854346843407589.jpg (25KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1482854346843407589.jpg
25KB, 200x200px
>0 applications
>0 rejections
>22 yr mommies big boy

if she goes away i kill myself
>>
File: 1495321669842.png (115KB, 709x519px) Image search: [Google]
1495321669842.png
115KB, 709x519px
>>37578311

He'd be better off flushing his money down the toilet.

BUY DIGIBYTE
>>
>>37578395
Great now people are advertising unpaid internships in 4chan. I'm sick of this shit.
>>
>>37578437
never asked you to say yes
if your a worthless neet with nothing better to do you can chose to take a chance
if not continue wasting your day pressing f5
>>
File: 1457377081593.png (741KB, 1046x649px) Image search: [Google]
1457377081593.png
741KB, 1046x649px
>>37575166
Same situation here, OP. Parents aren't being too mean about it yet, still masking it under "I just want the best for you" platitudes when it's obvious they just want me to get the fuck out. They're bugging me like every other fucking day now when it used to just be once every few weeks, it's completely ruining my mood and I've altered my sleep schedule to nocturnal specifically to avoid them as much as possible.

>>37575481
>willing to work
>nobody will pay you a living wage because you have the audacity to not indebt yourself for several decades by attending college or the audacity to not magically have 2+ years of experience in the field when nobody will fucking hire you in the first place and even unpaid internships have competition these days
>"well you don't DESERVE a living wage goy"
So why fucking work a dead-end job if you'll still live on the street/with your parents anyway? You yourself just fucking admitted that they do not pay you enough to support yourself alone. I want to believe this is bait, but I already know too many people unironically believe it. I swear, I'd go join the communist LARPers over at /leftypol/ if they weren't such SJW cunts. I'm starting to get where they're coming from economically.
>>
>>37578462
Fuck you shill no one is going to work for you for free
>>
Shit wagecuck jobs aren't all bad..
Go work at McDonald's..
You spend hours of your day making burgers being bored as fuck but at least you're making money..
When your shift ends you go home and you don't think a about work. No one expects you to answer emails, or do anything work related. You get to do whatever you want.. and now you have some money too.
No one expects you to be smart at all. You can be dumb and just fly under the radar while not working very hard. Probably can daydream all the time.
And other stuff that I was going to add but can't remember..
Oh ya. You'll one day feel dumb about whining about this
>>
>>37578503 Cool, never adked anyone too, why so ragie poorboi?
>>
>>37578857
>calling him a poorboi
>can only shill his "internship" on a liberian glue connaisseur forum

pick one retard l0l
>>
>>37578473
>theyre all cucks!
>theyre all toxic ugh!
>>
>>37578356
They told me no to Tow Truck cause no experience. Whats the training 15 minutes? Worlds a weird place.
>>
>>37575166
All I want is to live in a cabin in nature and have internet access. I just need 50k for cabin and then like 2k a year for internet and whatever other costs. I don't care about living long so fuck health insurance and really fuck the government.

But I can't do that because no money and also no desire to work.
>>
>>37579414
>Tow Truck
What is this?
>>
>>37575481
>What makes you think you deserve more than 10$ an hour? Don't start on the "it's not livable", that's not what I asked.

It's not really a question of deserve if you physically need above $10 in order to live, is it? You NEED that money to pay rent and food and just a few luxuries (with the understanding that they ARE luxuries and shouldn't be consumed in excess) to make living worthwhile in the first place.

In the 1930s they thought we'd be working 15 hour weeks by now. We probably could if boomer scum like you didn't start pushing the narrative that work is the only thing that matters and you live only to work.

Some people love their jobs. Good for them, they're doing work that they find meaningful and they had the aptitude to get there. Most people don't. Boomers will spin you a narrative about how they worked bagging groceries to get themselves through college. Ignoring the fact that college was cheaper back then and it was actually feasible to pay for it this way, what the fuck is the person who doesn't have the aptitude for college supposed to do? They have to carry on bagging groceries. You think this person is doing their job for the sheer joy of it? You expect them to find meaning in this? No, they're just doing the only job they can get in order to earn the money they need to live and you want to deny them that. Work is a necessary evil, not some sacred duty. It should be the other way round, work to live, not live to work. Every job should pay enough to live a reasonable standard of life for 21st century western country.
>>
>>37579575
Preach it brother, desu constantly looking for jobs, constantly seeing they ask for tons of experience or have nothing to do with my field
Got ONE interview in 3 months which failed

I totally understand where you're coming from and this is coming from a third world country

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>37579450
You could do this cheaper by buying the land and building the cabin yourself desu
>>
>>37575166
Brave yourself and just murder yourself. Everyone will be proud of your heroic manner.

Or just take a knife and stab everyone while shouting allah ackber. You could be in the news and enjoy your minute of glory.
>>
>>37575197
hi sven
>>
>>37577149
elaborate

eastern euro fag too,what languages do you handle?
>>
The system is sick and broken. It's supposed to work for everyone, not just those at the top. There is no shame in abstaining and waiting or working towards something better. It's your right as a sovereign human being worthy of dignity and respect.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.