[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do I stare at a screen all day despite hating every second of it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 1425496178569.gif (2MB, 210x155px) Image search: [Google]
1425496178569.gif
2MB, 210x155px
why do I stare at a screen all day despite hating every second of it?
>>
look away
go outside
break the cycle
leave and don't come back
ur addicted to your pain at this point but you can choose something else
godspeed anon
>>
File: 1494380684558.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494380684558.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>>37574170
It's simple. You have no motivation nor the energy to do anything else. Going outside, walking, talking to people, working out, that's all annoying and excessive usage of energy, plus, it's far too outlandish for most of us. Being a computer though, that requires no energy at all, and you get so much out of it. You can talk to others across the world, watch shows, listen to music, even play vidya. But it's not fulfilling as finding a SO or talking to someone who actually cares about you. You to gain that with the same amount of effort you put in to type a sentence, but it won't happen to you, or any of us. So lets just stare at the screen, look at our dumb posts and arguments, laugh at the good memes, and hate every second of it.
>>
File: 1432954017827.jpg (81KB, 1085x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432954017827.jpg
81KB, 1085x720px
>be a neet
>hate it
>get a job
>hate it even more than I hated neeting
>return to neetdom
>hate it
>>
>>37574236
I saw typos in my post so let me fix.

>Being on a computer though, that requires no energy at all, and you get so much out of it*
>You want to gain that gf/bf with the same amount of effort it take you type of a sentence, but you'll never be lucky enough to gain it without going out your comfort zone, none of us will.*
>>
File: 1486357273355.jpg (644KB, 1000x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1486357273355.jpg
644KB, 1000x1438px
>>37574170
i am the procrastination king, i have a job interview and here i am in the middle of the night trying to get a quick fap in before i start working on my resume

my day is essentially stare at a screen while listening to music, and throw in two meals and fap sessions at random times.
>>
File: frog face.png (139KB, 272x255px) Image search: [Google]
frog face.png
139KB, 272x255px
>>37574282
>do this exactly
>somewhere die on the inside
>get a job offer basically pushed on me
>take it
>slack very hard at it but always show up for work
>6 months later and still not fired
>>
I don't know OP. I want to kick the addiction as well. Tough decisions ahead career wise too. I'm trying to escape. Life shouldn't be this stressful at 19.
>>
File: outside.png (137KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
outside.png
137KB, 407x405px
>>37574282
Story of my fucking life.

>be hating return to NEETdom
>contacted by old friend out of the blue
>she's still a pretty shitty person but I'm just so desperate to be around literally anyone
>her shittiness eventually impacts me directly
>hate it more than being alone all the time
>back to isolation
>hate it
>>
>>37574455
Boo hoo poor me I'm only 19 :(((

Fuck you pathetic faggot.
>>
>>37574552
Fuck off faggot get off my fucking board normalfag
>>
File: 1482128861510.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482128861510.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
because it distracts you from how awful everything else in your life is
>>
I do it because i have little else viable to do
I have tried to get work but they either reject me for not being skilled enough or reject me when they meet my ugly spergy ass
Same thing with making friends minus the part about skills
>>
>>37574170
i feel you anon, ive been on break for a month since uni closed and i just cant wait untill summer is over holy fuck.
>>
>>37574170
I've questioned this and this is my answer.

First and foremost, because it's easy, and because you know that any pain you feel from looking at a screen will be dull and aching at worst. Changing your routine is scary and risks more pain when you fail and fall back to your old ways.

Second, because your concious thought only steers what you desire unconciously. You can't just tell yourself you don't want to look at a computer and then just like that it happens. You really need to desire to do something different with your life with every fiber of your body at a deeper level than knowing you should probably make a change.
>>
>>37574652
tell me how to change anon, I don't want to live like this forever. My internet addiction has crippled me on so many levels.
>>
>>37574652
I'd add to that, you need to have a specific desire to do something different. If someone asks "what do you want" and your answer is "idk, just not this", then nothing will ever change. And you're right that you can't just decide to want something.

I don't have a good way out of this.
>>
>>37574674
I honestly haven't had an answer other than just gradually getting so fucking depressed I decided to change because the suffering got to be just too much. At that point it's not that I don't want to be the guy looking at the computer, it's not that I want to change, it's that it is physically painful to even comtemplate staying the same, the thought of it puts me in pain, the act of it puts me in pain. That leads to an uptick for a few years than I crash again.

I'll tell you when I learn a less brutal and more effective method of self improvement. I've heard getting your ass kicked out onto the street and going hungry also helps light a fire under your ass, so does knocking somebody up.
>>
>>37574730
>I've heard getting your ass kicked out onto the street and going hungry also helps light a fire under your ass
I've always wondered if its ever happened where some parents kicked their depressed neet kid out of the house, and then got a call from the cops a month later that he was found starved to death under a highway overpass or something.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.