[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /crippled by autism/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: frog kablam.png (307KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
frog kablam.png
307KB, 550x535px
https://spectrumnews.org/news/people-with-milder-forms-of-autism-struggle-as-adults/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2011/02/25/helping-people-with-aspergers-find-work/#4c8f626a1a08

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21696928-children-rich-world-are-far-more-likely-be-diagnosed-autism-past-why

>"Young adults on the spectrum who do not have an intellectual disability are in some ways worse off than those who do, as there are fewer programs to support their needs. They are at least three times more likely to have no structured daytime activities, for example. Another study by some of the same researchers showed that 70 adults with Down syndrome enjoy higher levels of independence, more social opportunities and receive more services compared with 70 adults who have autism."

You don't have to read those articles to get the gist, but I found them worth reading.

When I was a kid, my ambition was to go to a good school and get a Ph.D., then go work in a lab or continue in research. Now I'm 23 years old and have barely finished a year of college. I dropped out when I was 19 due to shame and anxiety; looking back, it was probably at least somewhat due to autism.

All I want now is a bachelor's degree - probably in math, just so I can get some better understanding of my dorky interests beyond useless trivia. But I've essentially lost hope of going back. I feel too old and out of practice, and I've got practically zero motivation.

The End. Let's hear some other feel-good stories.
>>
File: Milky_Way_IR_Spitzer.jpg (2MB, 1751x1263px) Image search: [Google]
Milky_Way_IR_Spitzer.jpg
2MB, 1751x1263px
>>37567900
Sigh. I'll have to make it a little more terse next time, I guess.

Here's what we see when we look into the core of the Milky Way using infrared to light up cold things we can't normally detect.
>>
>>37567900

I was diagnosed with autism. Some companies nowadays are doing programs where they hire autistic people for "normal" jobs like computer work. It was a godsend for me. I never would have been able to get past the interview process or anything but their program is set up so that people like me can get the job
>>
>>37567900
I get you. I've always wanted to do something similar. I spent years homeless on and off drugs and alcohol. Finally in a spot where I have a little opportunity and I feel like my brain is too fried to function like it used to. However I still test pretty functional and more intelligent than most. Idk what to do.
>>
>>37568316
>Idk what to do.
meth
>>
>>37568316
Just do a lot of work. I was in a similar situation and after a few months my math abilities and study skills were better than they were before, since I quit using the internet for fun.
>>
>>37568307
At what age did you get diagnosed, and how did you go about it?
>>
>>37568370
What kind of work? I want my math skills back so bad but I learned in a math class that your abilities decrease logarithmically but suddenly, and as soon as you stop studying.

It's been years; I only remember really basic, rote stuff - like the power rule for integrals and derivatives, factoring, and the Laplace transform - all shit I've memorized that would hardly help at all in a real class. Do I start from calculus and work my way down? Find an interesting physics book and brute force my way through it? Or should I try to find my old middle school geometry textbook and restart from scratch?
>>
>>37568222
One more time. Here's a look into the center under normal conditions. That laser comes from the Earth - on the edge of one of the galaxy's spiral arms - and emits light directly into the core.

I wonder what the heck is going on up there. Also dang that thing is huge.
>>
>>37568369
I wish I had some meth to get addicted to and ruin my health with. At least it'd be more interesting than being on 4chan all day.
>>
>>37567900
FYI. If you live in California there are resources for people who have aspergers. You may or may not qualify for them but it's worth checking it out IMO. Don't know if other states have what Cali has but you could always check.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.