[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan is not what it used to be. It used to have funny memes,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1489026914050.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1489026914050.gif
564KB, 800x430px
4chan is not what it used to be. It used to have funny memes, thought provoking discussion and references and overall a relaxing place to just sit back and post about anything at all.

However those days are long past. The cancer has reached a critical mass and high quality threads are few and far between if there are any at all. All responses to high quality posts fall into 1 of 3 categories: 1. insults, 2. corrections and 3. confusing statements.

All the time spend on this site could instead be spent on learning how to program, or play an instrument or working on creative writing. Only those pursuits don't come with the instant gratification we have grown to love and become accustomed to here on 4chan. Here's a challenge: read one chapter of a book and see if you rather spend that time endless searching for that one good thread only to have everyone insult, correct or confuse you.

You're smarter than them, and they probably spent 30 seconds on their post because that's all the time it takes to find a logical error, when the other people's post not only doesn't contribute any new ideas to your post, it just addresses and minor point in your own post.

The /b/tard and it's cybernetic ugprade the robot has completely over taken this site. The days of referring to eachother as /b/ro have long passed. They are internet low lifes who have forgotten everything they're learned in school, and now can only post about life in it's most simple, basic and easy to remember entities. That is: Hitler did nothing wrong, The Jews are behind everything, they hate niggers despite manifesting many Black social norms and their bread and butter form of entertainment is someone posting something so obviously wrong where collectively no one explains it. Like together we're succeeded in become retards.

We need to shake off the chains of 4chan and manifest the intellect evolution has gifted us with. Read a book. Write a book. Analyze and interpret a movie. Evaluate your own life
>>
I watch movies ... they're not exactly all that thought provoking for the most part. I watched Utena recently, does that count for anything?
>>
>>37565425

4chan has always been shit

origggao
>>
All of the funny oldfags grew up and got jobs and became chads
>>
>>37565425
Tripfags are part of the problem
also
>implying anyone will read further than the first sentence
>>
File: 1482008271727.png (381KB, 632x414px) Image search: [Google]
1482008271727.png
381KB, 632x414px
Being on 4chan for long periods of time also changes you. All the trap threads might trick you into being attracted to that because the trap looks so much like woman, but she doesn't have the psyche of your 4 year old little sister.

All throughout my upbringing I was taught to never hate someone based on who they are but instead on what they've done. I was never a racist and discrimination against women and minorities was something that I wanted to work towards changing. But then here on 4chan they take the worst examples of things Blacks and Women have done, which we the users are supposed to tacitly assume that all women and all Blacks fit those events. Sorry but that's not the way women and Blacks are. There are good women and good blacks, but there are also bad women and bad blacks. However the former never seems to make it into any of these threads.

4chan being a site for nerd culture should idealize logic and reasoning, yet once the site is put up to any logical rigors it falls flat on it's face. We may be nerds but do we want to be the nerds who study math and science or the nerds who read comic books, have low vocabularies and speak in simple sentences.

4chan is an alcoholism for your brain. When you first starting coming here you probably could post about a wide range of topics, and you probably found some other posts which were interesting which you summarily looked up to learn more about. But where are all those posts now? And how much do you remember from High School? You're getting dumber and the only constant here is your usage of 4chan.

Sexism and Racism being accepted here causes you to not only think it's okay to post about here, but in your own person ideology it becomes true and acceptable. Many of us are outcasts and that's why we've come to this board, but the content of this board is making us even more outcasts.

We may crave human interaction due to our outcast statues, but the low quality posts on this site doesn't satisfy that need.
>>
File: 9. The Hermit.jpg (214KB, 736x1233px) Image search: [Google]
9. The Hermit.jpg
214KB, 736x1233px
We need to stop taking the path of least resistance, figure out a way to better ourselves and do it.

Just like any addiction, when you first leave the site you'll go through the mental addiction of giving it up. It's a lifestyle change. You won't get that joy when you get a reply, you won't get to read about topic after topic when you refresh the first page, and most of all you'll have to adjust to delayed gratification.

When it comes to reading start with short stories. That way you get the one two punch of a complete narrative in a couple of pages. Novels take hours upon hours to complete. For programming see if you can find some tutorials on Youtube, here are some Java Tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/user/baseball4355
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeathJockey
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebennybox/featured

If you want to start writing take the time to write out 10 to 15 writing prompts then after complete a few of them.

You can download FL Studio on bittorrent and experiment with creating music. I have a particular affinity for music and bought a guitar, which slowly but surely I'm playing it more and more.

Like giving up a drug the first few days to weeks of leaving 4chan will be the hardest. But keep your chin up, and logically disprove any token ideas that keep popping up to get you to go back. The instant gratification of the site has given you mental wounds. Anytime you're feeling down you go to the site as a crutch, over time heals

>>37565481
There's always something you can write about. If you liked a movie you can simply type up and organize what you liked about it and why you liked those parts. Whenever someone watches a movie they tend to apply themselves to the protagonist of the story. Well you can write about what you would have done in his or her shoes. You can write about how at certain critical moments the movie would have changed dramatically should those moments have gone differently and why those critical events were so important.
>>
>>37565425
>It used to have funny memes
Stopped reading there. Fuck off Reddit
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.