[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a panic attack - ask me anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (195KB, 948x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 948x1440px
I'm having a panic attack - ask me anything
>>
>>37563515
Why did you choose this board to seek attention?
>>
>>37563515
Why are you having a panic attack anon?
>>
>>37563568
Just making a thread, didnt really do it for attention

>>37563568
It literally came out of the blue when I was on the bus about an hour ago. Though the genesis of these attacks which I get pretty rarely is probably caused of my bad trip I had after overdosing weed last year.
>>
>>37563515
It'll be fine

Riginalo
>>
>>37563635
Yeah I know, but yet it sucks. You need to force yourself into rational thinking and not paying attention to the run-and-hide symptom.
>>
Me too
Wanna talk ?
>>
>>37563630
I listen to music
I don't know why but military songs helps me dealing with panic attacks

Does that works for you too ?
>>
File: 1496102636249.jpg (109KB, 737x556px) Image search: [Google]
1496102636249.jpg
109KB, 737x556px
>be me
>studying for finals (college starts later in the year)
>realize i'm really fucked
>drink 2 monster energies
>never drink caffeine besides when i absolutely need to, so i can get the max effect
>now having an aspie induced episode from stress while out of my mind on caffeine
i think i'm going to fucking die, someone help
>>
>>37564128
I don't really have a technique to reduce the effect of panic attacks. I just try not think about it and keep my mind busy with anything that doesnt remind me of tha fact that im having an attack at that moment. Music doesn't really work for me, because it derealises me even more, thus in these shitty moments im trying to keep contact with the real world, out on fresh air.
>>
>>37564075
Sure, but its almost gone now.
>>
>>37564259

why are you studying for finals that won't be for another year
>>
>>37564259
>stress
>college test
okay.
>>
>>37563515
Nice image Anon, where'd it come from?
>>
>>37564259
Open the window if you have one, stop focusing on your studies and just chill out while looking out the window. Do not gasp for air, because itll make it harder to let it go. Try thinking rationally, just tell yourself that it will end - youre not dying, your body just doesnt know whats going on with itself so your brain tries to inform you about it in a painful - for your psyche - way
>>
>>37564279
college starts in late september for me

it's a weird school, i chose it because of the cost and a degree from the school is still reasonably credible

>>37564285
i have 2 finals tomorrow for aspie specialty classes: number theory (third course in a number theory series) and mathematical analysis (2nd course in senior level series)
>>
>>37564322
>>37563630

I posted this already. Prolly a shitty after effect that will stay with me to the end of my life. I just need to get used to it and thats all. My psyche isnt really meant to be under the influence of drugs. Subconciously i am very very week
>>
Only ever panic attack I've ever had was when I agreed to go to the pub with three girls

I just sat there not talking and just panicked and left in an hour

I'm sure one day in the future I'll look back at that day and laugh.
>>
>>37564128
Although having an orgasm or getting drunk does help
>>
>>37564259
Drink lots of water.
Also try eating some fruit, especially kiwis if you have any. It helped me when I tried aderall to study
>>
>>37564442
Dont mistake a panic attack with just feeling very uncomfortable
>>
>>37564485
Is it a shortness of breath/extreme desire to escape and run outside and keep running?
>>
>>37564648
It is too, but it doesnt like end after 30secs. Its a state youre in for even 2 hourse
>>
>>37564755
Yeah I was about an hour
>>
File: 1495797759749.png (493KB, 750x750px)
1495797759749.png
493KB, 750x750px
Can someone help me with this??

Last summer I had what was essentially a 3 day long panic attack. Although I've thought that it might have been some kind of nervous breakdown or something.

My mind was basically in panic mode and I just felt very intimidated by absolutely everything. I had to pace around and couldn't keep still for long periods. I had no physical symptoms like rapid heart rate or anything, which led me to believe it might not have been a panic attack or something else, also the fact that it lasted days made me think this because I've never heard of panic attacks lasting days.

I had to take diazepam to go to sleep and listen to soothing music. I'd wake up in the same anxious state. Eventually after 3 days it just went away and I've been worried about it coming back ever since.
>>
>>37564957
Let me guess - it was the first time you had it? Also was it induced by drugs you took before? Because after my first attack (while having my bad trip), I somehow fell asleep, yet the anxiety state lasted in me for like 1,5 week more. The day after my bad trip I had these microanxiety attacks that lasted about 2-5min every 15 minutes. The worst thing is I that I had been travelling by train for 9hours straight so imagine being in a small space with people you dont know while freaking out. After i got home i just ate ice cream and watched movies for like 3 days straight (whilst remaining to have these attacks).
>>
>>37564957
Do you get that weird feeling in your gut?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.