[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just done reading a few books on how the best become the best

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: bye.png (32KB, 538x343px) Image search: [Google]
bye.png
32KB, 538x343px
Here's apparently how you can get to be world class at something.

And by world class I mean top 0.0001% in the world (that means you're in the top 10,000 on the planet) and can make a career out of it, unless of course you're aim is to be something non-competitive, like a butcher, in which case that doesn't matter.

>start from an early age.

This has a very high factor in success: nobody starts playing a sport at 30 and becomes world class good, because even if they progress at the same rate as the best players in the world, they'll be too old to physically play by the time they master the sport. Goes for non-physical activities too.

>spend thousands of hours improving

This is often misunderstood. Playing chess against easy AI your whole life is a waste of time because you're not making any progress. You need linear progression: always more difficult opponents, always learning from your mistakes.

>have natural talent

People don't like this one because they can't control it, but if you have a thousand people all spending the same amount of time practicing something, the one with the highest IQ or best physique or whatever wins.

So from what I've gathered this is only doable if

1. you've already started it when reading this
2. you enjoy it (otherwise how can you spend 10,000 hours doing something you hate)
3. you're naturally gifted.

Anyone here fit the criteria?

I would like to hear from you.
>>
Do your sorry ass a favor and stop obsessing over this stuff...:)
>>
File: 1494536086069.jpg (121KB, 727x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1494536086069.jpg
121KB, 727x1022px
>>37557100

This is bullshit. There are no rules for anything in this world and most things like your post are memes that get passed around like roasties.
>>
>>37557163
Motherfucker don't be rude it's interesting to me reading how people end up on the far end of a binomial distribution. This shit should be taught in schools so that people know where to focus their energies and we can produce more superhuman mutants for our own entertainment.

They already do this shit in China.
>>
>>37557170
Who am I gonna believe

1. random frogposter on the internet
2. studies done over thousand of athletes, chess players, businessmen, scientists and others who have excelled in their area
>>
i spent 10,000 hours masturbating and shitposting on 4chan

i'm probably an expert at that now
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.