[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did isolation and video games seal your fate?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 1495664034125966050.jpg (94KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
1495664034125966050.jpg
94KB, 480x359px
did isolation and video games seal your fate?
>>
>>37556069
isolation more than games

everyone plays games, I even made good acquaintances talking about games, it's the lack of social ability more then anything that fucks you

self deprecation is more lethal
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 822x685px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 822x685px
>>37556069
ive always been a fucking weird freak and people just start ignoring/avoiding you because you cant behave like a human, untreated autism
>>
They were/are my grave, my fate was clear far before anime and vidya
>>
It's often a struggle between "what am I even doing here?" and "I should go out more"
>>
>>37556069
Pretty sure it was my horrible looking body
>>
>>37556069
Society deemed me unworthy in childhood bullying

Now I just wait for death

God bless video games. I don't know what the fuck I'd do if I was born 100 years ago.
>>
I read that self isolation causes brain damage
>>
>>37556172
can not confirm. im fine.
>>
No, what "sealed my fate" was the fact that I was a fat, ugly, edgy, meme-loving teen with weird sex fetishes, no friends, no social skills and every day I dreamed of waking up in a 90's shounen-ai anime.
Isolation and video games only helped me cope with being a failure.
>>
>>37556069
I was just avoiding my parents. It's not like jimmy was calling on the phone "lets hang out"
"Nah man I'm going to play video games instead"
>>
>>37556069
No. Video games had nothing to do with it.

I remember when I was a kid, I would come home, finish my homework, and literally sit in my room doing nothing, waiting to fall asleep until the next day. That's it. I would finish my homework, sit on the edge of my bed and stare blankly at nothing until it was time to go to sleep.

What the fuck even was my childhood.
>>
>>37557281
that sounds so sad anon...do u hav any other stories?
>>
>>37557514
Nope. Don't have any interesting stories because nothing happens.

There is nothing to talk about because nothing happened.
>>
>>37557514
>>37557587
Why didn't you turn on the TV or play a game?
What even was the reason that you did your homework with no other goals?
>>
they're my only escape. i've always been an outcast and can't hold a friend in real life.
>>
>>37556685
I would and did and do
Rather drink alone and play dota than go out and be bored
I just never got much out of other people, i was never bullied or anything I just never enjoyed other people
My psychiatrist calls me a textbook addict
>>
>>37556069
Who said you where a failure?
If you are happy or content then what does it matter?
>>
not games but just being on the internet everyday for hours since like grade 6. my child hood innocence was taken from such a young age i misseed the best years of my life before highschool when people weren't all judgemental cunts. Im right at the beginning of genz and by the time I got to highschool everyone had a smartphone. social media memes rotted our minds. seriously the self culture on instagram is ridiculous. girls just trying to get as many likes as possible. Now anime and other tv movies are my main escapism.
>>
>>37556069
it's felt that way for a long time. but i don't think i can't change. i've just been too lazy to put in the effort.
>>
File: 1476679517089.gif (819KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1476679517089.gif
819KB, 500x376px
>>37556069
Every now and then I come to /r9k/ and ctrl+f "fate" in hopes of Fate Anon having a thread up. I got excited when it found a match and then it happened to be your thread.

I'm disappointed.
>>
File: lead_960[1].jpg (114KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
lead_960[1].jpg
114KB, 960x719px
>could have been a sociopath
>became INFP instead
It's just not fair.
>>
File: 1487800439833.jpg (238KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487800439833.jpg
238KB, 641x600px
>>37556069
yes
but i had little choice
live in shitty neighbourhood in small town full of chavs and junkies
first friendly people i met were in hs i commuted to and by that time i was already gone
>>
>>37558497
*psychopath
My bad.
>>
File: 1489266310854.jpg (21KB, 249x230px) Image search: [Google]
1489266310854.jpg
21KB, 249x230px
>>37556069
no , the world beating me down over and over did
i dont know about everyone else here obviously but i can tell you that , in my life , i have reeeeeally tried, i mean i really went out there and gave it my best for years and years but from the moment i was born everyone from my family to the people i went to school with seem to have been in sync to fuck me over completely and absolutely
i have met some nice people on the way and even two or three i wouldnt mind having as friends but the vast majority seem to be out to fuck me over
maybe i died the moment i was born and this is hell
>>
I've pretty much everything to succed in life, except the will to do so.. instead im a piece of shit, worth nothing..
>>
>>37558097
>Why didn't you turn on the TV or play a game?
Parents didn't want to have a TV in the house. They believe TV is a portal for Satan to invade people's homes.
>What even was the reason that you did your homework with no other goals?
I had nothing better to do.
>>
>>37557587
>"Don't have any interesting stories because nothing happens."
This is all too real. I never had a sleepover with friends, never explored an abandoned house, never trekked through the woods, never got into fights, nothing. I only had one friend that lived within a mile of me and we grew apart after elementary school. All I had was my computer and decent internet connection. I don't even know what kids do nowadays, hell I don't really know what they did when I was a kid.
>>
No my fate was sealed as soon as I was born autistic
Games and isolation were just another symptom down the road
>>
I will never not regret video games.
I'd only regret it if I had our opportunities with people and I chose video games over them.
Since people are shit, all I had was video games throughout school.
>>
>>37556069

Nah, isolation and video games are merely tools of a person who is doing whatever to push the scales evenly.

What sealed my fate is my own shitty personality, the friends I interacted with, the lack of education and a good part of my teen years got fucked up to the point I didn't develop socially.

I'll die alone. I've come to accept as much.
>>
most people have happy memories goofing off with friends, making lasting memories and having new experiences that helped to shape them into the person they are today, i have nothing to remember because my childhood and adolescence were spent alone or infront of a computer, trying to meet a need for human interaction which thankfully has started to go away.
there was a point where things were redeemable, but at this point i am too far gone. also having actual autism and ocd and associated anxiety and panic doesnt help.
>>
Video games help me forget that i'm alive
Without them i wouldn't be able to escape my thoughts and would have killed myself just to get rid of them
>>
no ever since i was a very little child i've hated the idea of going to school or doing work and always wished i could steal everything
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.