[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the heck does R9K hate spiders?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18

Why the heck does R9K hate spiders?
>>
File: c90.jpg (29KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
c90.jpg
29KB, 680x453px
>>37554011
They hate spiders because they're secretly spiders themselves.
>>
they invade my space without introducing themselves
>>
File: 1496305520558.jpg (46KB, 606x918px) Image search: [Google]
1496305520558.jpg
46KB, 606x918px
>>37554011
I disliked them as a kid cause they were spook.
A fear started to manifest later as whenever I saw a spider, which I knew was harmless, would scare me for days.
I once saw a spider in my bed and didn't sleep there for 3 days, and when I did I felt huge anxiety and fear.

Then I had a dream about being eaten alive from the inside out by spiders, and seeing them slowly crawl out of my mouth and eye sockets.
It was pretty terrifying-desu.
>>
File: cc4.jpg (76KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
cc4.jpg
76KB, 680x649px
>>37554025
>they're secretly spiders themselves
THIS
>>
>>37554011
I don't if one sets up in my room I leave them alone I just don't want them near me. If one crawls to close to me I kill it. I'm just to afraid of death and I don't know which ones can kill me.
>>
File: House-spider-830x554.jpg (67KB, 830x554px) Image search: [Google]
House-spider-830x554.jpg
67KB, 830x554px
I never understood the fear of any K selected species. Spiders are natural hunters and only few species of them actually travel in groups. Same goes for most snakes in developed countries. A majority of people love ladybugs and rabbits, yet these are destructive pests whose only individual purpose is to breed and destroy crops. At least predators thin the numbers of said pests and actually benefit us to a point where coexisting provides a mutual long term benefit. Anyone actually afraid of these things is a beta faggot who knows nothing about them. Next time you see a spider in your house, think twice about crying like a bitch to your wife's bull so he can smack it down.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
I fear spiders like >>37555055 a lot more than tarantulas like pic related, mostly because when I was a kid my family had a beach house on which these spiders always came in and I know how harmless they are, I used to just grab them and release them outside, but other spiders like Brown Recluses man fuck those I kill them immediately.
>>
File: 83gy1h54.jpg (1MB, 2339x1596px) Image search: [Google]
83gy1h54.jpg
1MB, 2339x1596px
I don't like most spiders but these ones (cellar spiders) are pretty chill. I don't see why people don't like them.
>literally physically cannot hurt you if they tried
>eat annoying bugs
>make for aesthetic photos
what's not to like
>>
>>37555106
>he believes the myth about recluses
The poison is harmful, yes. That is if you're an inbred retard living in a barnhouse and never bathe or ask yourself, "huh, that mark on my thigh from earlier has begun to swell a little, I hope it isn't anything like a bug bite from living in an uninhabitable climate and humidity where all kinds of dangerous pests thrive" and then proceed to ignore it rather than just get it checked out right away or take care of it yourself. You don't get to complain about the constant lion attacks on your mudhut village if you have the opportunity to move out.
>>
File: 1482682170394.jpg (35KB, 583x439px) Image search: [Google]
1482682170394.jpg
35KB, 583x439px
I have told spiders time and time again that they can make a web or two anywhere but in my computer room. Anywhere else is fine. There is one spidey in the bathroom that has a modest little web and he is cool, he can be. But once a spidey crosses the border into this room, the spidey is fucking dead.
Simple rules for spiders, yet every year one spider seems to defy those orders and has to pay the price.
>>
File: 1461511032908.jpg (82KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
1461511032908.jpg
82KB, 1024x577px
>>37554011

I love spiders. The combination of being sort of horrifying, and at the same time so timid and fragile, equals hugely adorable.
>>
File: IMG_1565.jpg (923KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1565.jpg
923KB, 4032x3024px
Just look at this motherfucker.
>>
File: 1454953673905.png (1MB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
1454953673905.png
1MB, 1024x670px
>tfw you will never have a massive spiderbro
>>
File: bwah.gif (152KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
bwah.gif
152KB, 500x274px
Spiders!?
Spiders!?
>>
>>37554011
I love spiders. Had a pet tarantula for more than a decade before it passed away.
>>
>>37555180
they are so uggo i hate them the most. I had to move a female with a fresh egg sack in her mouth away from right above my bed. They just need to like.... stay in their territory away from mine
>>
Australianon here. Everyone has an innate fear of spiders, it's built into human firmware for good reasons. People have things that frighten them.

Because I live in a spider-infested shithole, I've learned to identify harmless spiders and leave them be or safely put them outside as needed. Hunstmen for instance stay because they clear pests from your home and are totally bro-tier.

The only spiders I kill on sight are funnel-webs or similar, redbacks (black widows) and white-tail spiders (a spider-killing spider with bites that destroy living tissue, total cunts).
>>
File: spood.png (2MB, 1179x731px) Image search: [Google]
spood.png
2MB, 1179x731px
Spiders are cute! CUTE!!!
>>
i do fear them, it's almost instinctual

I've seen people pick them up no problem though.

I wonder what causes this, I've seen people who freaked out when flies landed on them.

is this from being sheltered?
>>
>likes spooder
>>
>>37557013
replying on my post

I think it comes from not knowing which spider is harmful and which isn't.

they also remind people of decay which is death

you get spiders and mice in your home then it's not secure.
>>
>>37554011
>>37555180
>>37556979
t. spider
>>
>>37555180
Cellar spiders are absolute bros. They suck at making their own webs to they prefer to kill bigger spiders and steal theirs.
Let these guys chill in your house and they'll protect you from ugly speedy fucks like >>37555055
>>
They are big/fast/scary looking/hide easily and can crawl all over you

t. ausfag
>>
spiders are bro tier as fuck. only complete fags hate spiders
>>
>>37557043
all spiders are venomous, the thing is most won't kill you.

If a wolf spider bites you you might get a tummy ache unless you are allergic, no joke they do bite and it can make you sick.

Thing is just google deadly spiders in your area and keep an eye for those. Where I live we have brown recluses [violin on back] and widows [red hour glass] and they are hard to come by normally.

A funny story about black widows, my grand father was bitten on the tip of his dick while pissing in the woods. He did not get any antivenin and survived just fine to make my dad and aunts.
>>
spider-kun is my best roomate
>>
Like 99% of spiders aren't even poisonous, and the ones that are wouldn't ever bite you unless you fucked with us
>>
>>37555055

I literally didn't know the term until I saw your post and looked it up, but based on my reading here, wouldn't spiders be r-selected?
>>
>>37557139
>us

shit do we have spiders posting here?
>>
>>37557139
all spiders use venom to kill their food dude, very few of them on the other hand have toxic enough venom to drop a full grown human.
>>
File: 1496681930808.jpg (40KB, 453x455px) Image search: [Google]
1496681930808.jpg
40KB, 453x455px
>Spiders are harmless

SHUT THE FUCK UP
LET THIS STOCK RESPONSE DIE ALREADY
NOBODY WITH ARACHONOPHOBIA HAS POISON ON THEIR MIND
SPIDERS ARE SCARY AND MENACING IN AND OF THEMSELVES
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS WITH THEM MAKE ME FEEL VIOLATED AND DAMAGE MY TRUST IN THE WORLD
I WOULD TAKE A SMALL POISONOUS SPIDER OVER A HUGE HARMLESS ONE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, BECAUSE THE UNHOLY CREEPY DESIGN OF SPIDERS IS WHAT TERRIFIES ME
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND STOP MISUNDERSTANDING MY DISORDER
>>
>>37557252
My autism screams every time someone says poisonous when referencing snakes, spiders and anything that uses venom to kill.

They are not poisonous, poison oak is poisonous arsenic is poisonous, a cobra is venomous and black widow is venomous.
>>
>>37557269
Thank you anon, I didn't know that. Will make sure to remember that.
>>
Eight eyes. Always watches. The hands of God have eight fingers.
>>
>>37557391
Remember:

If it bites you and you kill over it's venomous. If you inhale, ingest, or touch it and you kill over it's poisonous.
>>
I love spiders. They catch and kill all the nasty bugs for me. The same goes for house centipedes.
>>
The females literally cannibalise the beta males
>>
>>37554011
I don't hate them, but I am afraid of them.
I hate flies, and centipedes, and ants.
Creatures such as moths and spiders, I admire from a distance. Whenever I see a spider I call him a handsome boy, and whenever I see a moth I call her a pretty lady. I don't wish moths or spiders death but I certainly don't like seeing them in my bedroom most of the time. I do freak out when I see them, but just wait for them to move and go somewhere else, as opposed to killing them.
>>
>>37554011
I like spiders but my GF hates them and it makes me sad
>>
I don't. If there is one in my room, I'll just give him a name and leave him be.
>>
File: 1496745198563.jpg (90KB, 814x986px) Image search: [Google]
1496745198563.jpg
90KB, 814x986px
>>37554011
Spiders are okay in my book. Mom and sister who fear them end up trying to kill them and other bugs though or ask me to. Usually when it gets to that, I just let them somewhere safe outside
>>
spiders are cute and harmless
except the ones that aren't
don't kill spiders unless it tries to kill you please they're rly nice

>>37558523 has the right idea
>>
>>37556935
how the fuck are they bro tier ? they're big and fast as fuck and could just jump on you anytime. like, fuck.
>>
File: 1496202074739.jpg (25KB, 640x392px) Image search: [Google]
1496202074739.jpg
25KB, 640x392px
Why is everyone here so arachnophobic ?
>>
>>37554933
KEK! This reminds me of the post the other day saying that carpenter bees are harmless, and they accused OP of being a bee shill.
>>
>>37554011
why are they so fast
nothing harmless is fucking fast

fucking cheetahs and sharks and crocodiles
fuck that shit
>>
File: brown hare.jpg (300KB, 1562x1600px) Image search: [Google]
brown hare.jpg
300KB, 1562x1600px
>>37560835
>nothing harmless is fucking fast
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsGvT2DYJMc

They just want to be friends.

Except funnel web spiders. Fuck funnel web spiders.
>>
>>37557893
I act similarly. Moths come in through my bedroom window every night, and like to visit me and look at my lights. It's quite nice. I've had to pick them out of my sink when they get stuck, and always greet them when they come by. Sometimes they will land on me and look at me like they're saying 'Hello'. I might likely be imagining it, but it feels like they're always happy to be around me.

I appreciate spiders getting rid of other bugs too. I've been having to commit murder en masse on ants in and around my room lately. They like to look for food scents and eat dead moths. They swarm and try to get on top of me and my bed. They harass me too much. I do not like ants.

I don't see spiders very often like I used to in my old home, unfortunately. Moths are my only friends here. At least they're good friends.
>>
>>37557142
Spiders are r-selected, however I would argue that they actively lower the population of more harmful r-selected species, making them somewhat in between.
>>
>>37559654
They're big and obvious and they just hang out on walls most of the time. I get them in my house all the time and handle one at least once a week and they're harmless. They don't even try to bite. The only problem I have with them if they're frustrating as fuck to relocate because they're so quick.
>>
>>37557252
Imagine a huge scary giant feeling that way about you. Just be nice to spiders. No one asked to be born and they would prefer not to interact with or be seen by you.
>>
>>37554011
i only hate them because they're ugly, honestly.
>>
note to self, acquire flamethrower
>>
>>37557269
Remember: not all poisons are venom, but all venoms are poisonous.
>>
My only rule for spiders is don't be seen in my room. Otherwise I have a few outside my door at any given time and a couple in my grow-room that keep the places pest free.

I named the one right outside my door Charlotte.
>>
i dont. spiders are fucking bros
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.