[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies fake smile so much?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: giada.jpg (50KB, 404x308px) Image search: [Google]
giada.jpg
50KB, 404x308px
Why do normies fake smile so much?
>>
I don't. When I see beta autists, I don't even fake smile, I just grimace. LMAO. That or just ignore them . I try not to make eye contact with them because looking at them makes me feel disgusted

I feel like the only people who' fake smile' , which I don't know who would, would be like.. service industry workers? Idk not sure.
>>
>>37549171
Smiling makes those around you feel at ease.
If you are constantly frowning then you make people uncomfortable and defensive towards you.
>>
Why do Russians stigmatize smiling?
>>
natural smiles >
>>
Kinda related but I hate feigned enthusiasm such as people having exclamation marks in posts or messages.

At my work there is a system where you can send "thank you" awards if you help somebody with something, and these motherfuckers always end their messages with exclamation marks. I hate that fucking shit, you're not that happy that I did that thing for you.
>>
>>37549466
they're probably happy in general/life/ all around

its not being fake, they're just happy people and enthusiastic

it's so sad when someones genuinely nice/kind/happy and other ppl think its fake. like damn you must be real fucking unhappy, insecure, or paranoid if you have to characterize someone else like that because it's hard for you to believe that they could genuinely be happy. lmao. damn, stay bitter.
>>
>>37549515
Whatever. All I know is I make it an effort not to be a fake cunt when I send emails and thank yous to my co-workers, and keep exclamation marks out of my messages. Because I'm not actually happy you did that thing. Because we're working a shitty desk job. And the people I'm with aren't happy. They're single moms who always complain about how hard it is to be a single mom, working this shit desk job. They try to lie to themselves and pretend they're happy by putting up inspirational images and making happy emails that end in "have an excellent day!" but they don't fucking mean it. They hate it there. I'm the only one who keeps it real, though.
>>
You fake smile to make someone feel more comfortable when engaging in conversation with you. It's something I've learned to do and since being able to do it somewhat convincingly I have longer and more engaging conversations with people. People just feel more comfortable. Also nod sometimes, and if you are a guy interject with "yeah" or "I agree" and things like that. It allows you to assert yourself without any effort.

>>37549466
>complaining about a kind gesture
It's better than no reply or a "thanks".
>>
>>37549588
yeah if i use exclamation marks, which i do often, it has nothing with you or trying to impress you (wtf?????) - lol, it has to do with me being happy so fuck off kike hahahahahahahahaha :)) :PPPPPPPPPPP!
>>
>>37549588
> I'm the only one who keeps it real, though.

sure thing psycho. wow autists
>>
>>37549171
Why do people do the smile where you show your teeth? It looks so bad, and it's mostly just a westerner thing. In the animal kingdom showing your teeth is an act of aggression.
>>
File: IMG_0853.jpg (50KB, 468x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0853.jpg
50KB, 468x582px
I hate it when people fake smile or are fake nice, it makes me just not want to interact with them at all. When one of my fake ass coworkers comes up all faking interest in how I'm doing, I just immediately don't care to carry any sort of casual talk. I just give a one sentence answer and move on.
>>
>>37549779
Every human on this planet shows their teeth when they genuinely smile. It's a reflex that goes along with laughing.

There are many theories why apes bearing teeth signals aggression except for in humans. It's likely tied to our ability to communicate verbally rather than exclusively through visuals and grunts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.