[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Depersonalization

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1483570050276.jpg (33KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1483570050276.jpg
33KB, 480x368px
What drugs help the most for this?
i am so out of touch with myself but yet still very sane.
>>
>>37545475
you shouldn't even think of touching drugs if you have dp/dr. they are more likely to fuck you up than to actually help
>>
Get help. It'll eventually get worse and you'll get insane.

t. schizophrenic
>>
>>37545475

Watch Jordan Peterson lectures on youtube. Watch the lecture on Authenticity and existentialism.

You'll be sorted in no time.
>>
go to a doctor
I used to get that too and I fucking hated it!
>>
>>37545592
thanks, i will watch it.
>>37545665
yes, but despite this weird feeling of disconncect i often think there is nothing wrong with me because i see things how they are
>>
File: depepenalized.jpg (44KB, 915x915px) Image search: [Google]
depepenalized.jpg
44KB, 915x915px
>>37545475
Ugh it sucks doesn't it? I've had it pretty much chronically for a little more than a year after taking shrooms for the first time. stimulants like ritalin/adderall helped the dp/dr go away momentarily, but I wouldn't recommend taking a lot of stims cuz you feel shitty when you're not geeked up, and you can't sleep when you're regularly taking stims, and lack of sleep REALL makes my symptoms worse. I've started smoking weed recently, and oddly enough, even though it amplifies dissociative symptoms while high, I'd say I've improved overall because of the anxiety relief that comes with it, and just a general sense of being more ok with the shitty-ness of the world. Of course I wouldn't recommend this approach to everyone, since a lot of you probably got dp/dr from weed. Hell, I've even done ketamine in the last year (a dissociative inducing drug) and I felt better for a week because of the reduced anxiety/depression. don't listen to the anon telling you you'll go insane. Best approach is to just accept it, which I'm sure you've read. don't post too many threads or do too much research cuz it will only make you think about it more, and thinking about dp/dr and related anxiety are definite triggers. meditate, try your best to realize that everyone thinks they're dealing with the shittiest thing in the world and learn to just accept your position in life and how inherently shitty everything is, but it doesn't have to be if you don't think it has to be. good luck anon(s), we're all gonna make it through this just fine.
>>
It used to happen to me back in late high school and a bit after. This feel is much worse imo(no meme trigger warning).

you have no control of your thoughts and they just spontaneously generate
>>
>>37545592
Not sure if I've seen that lecture but I second j. peterson
>>37545968
Additionally, any anons have advice on taking psychedelics with this disorder? I know it seems counterintuitive since shrooms did this in the first place, but like I said I handle weed fine now and I despite what the shrooms did to me it was a VERY profound experience, and I'd like to have more of those psychonaut-y experiences. like is dp/dr binary, as in I already have it so I don't need to worry about it? or are there varying degrees of severity? I'd hate to make it worse but idk if it can be worse since it's already mostly a 24/7 thing
>>
>>37545475
Most drugs will either just make it worse or make it better for a few hours, and then make it worse
>>
>>37546053
What does it mean if I have little to no thoughts and have to force them to work?
>>
>>37545968
weed definitely makes it worse for me, but i will try ketamine n see what it does, and yes accepting it is he best one could do.
>>37546053
that's ''intrusive thoughts'' i have that too, it makes depersonalization even worse
>>
>>37546059
i'm not sure but if you can handle stuff like shrooms i think you will be fine
>>37546237
what drugs make it better? i'm sure i could take them in moderation
>>
>>37546298
this, please help. I used to be so much sharper
>>
>>37546334
I'd be wary of ket. It's kinda a catch 22, ketamine is known to drastically reduce depression/anxiety up to a month after dosing, and we know that anxiety/depression makes symptoms worse, so that's great, but at the same time K is literally a dissociative, and has caused many people to become depersonalized,
>>
File: 1484065871738.jpg (62KB, 671x665px) Image search: [Google]
1484065871738.jpg
62KB, 671x665px
>>37546298
complete emptiness
>>37546492
^ why do we have to feel this way?
>>
>>37546578
that's okey. there's not much that could get worse at this point. either it works or it doesn't
>>
Drink a lot of caffeine
Worry about something
Worry about everything
Pace around a lot
Talk to yourself
Isolate yourself
Don't tell anyone
Don't take medication

You'll be cured in no time
>>
>>37546827
I-i don't do this
>>
>>37546623
just take a light dose if you do it, you should be fine. good luck
>>
>>37546827
i do everything what you listed. rn i'm trying to meditate and feel connected to myself but it it takes some time i guess
>>
>>37545475
You and >>37545990
Should get together.
>>
>>37547099
i'm to ''shy'' to get to know him but reading it was nice, i could relate alot.
>>
I'm already on meds for depression and anxiety but I'm also getting feelings of not being real or the world around me not being real lately. It's the former mostly where I get strong feelings like I'm not meant to be here and such. It's slightly distressing and weird.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.