[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you break free from this cycle? We all know we have to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

How do you break free from this cycle?

We all know we have to fix our shit, but can' be bothered by doing it so we distract ourselves with escapism.
>>
>>37537028
this is very relevant. you just have to learn to put yourself in uncomfrotable situations.

comfort = enemy
>>
for me the only thing that's motivated me to do something with my life instead of just telling myself I will tomorrow is when something really bad happens to me and I become super depressed

My solution, might not work for you, is to intentionally ruin my happiness. Only then do I find the motivation to strive for greater
>>
i thought that hitting rock bottom will motivate me to change. now im stuck here.
>>
Get fucking started instead of browsing /r9k/. Even for 5 minutes.

Repeat every day. Try to do more every day.

This cycle is a habit and the only way to grow out of it is to create better habits.
>>
>>37537028
Get rid of the victim complex, stop thinking everyone is out to get you. Stop living in the past. Learn to forgive. Realize people aren't either good or evil they're usually neutral. Adopt Buddhism ideology. Stop focusing on yourself all the time and instead focus on the world around you.
>>
File: 10d.jpg (104KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
10d.jpg
104KB, 960x925px
Just pic related anon
>>
>>37537435
>Stop living in the past

Fuck man that's a hard one for me. After all my friends moved on and left me behind I'm still stuck at 15 yr old mentality.

It's just that everything was so great and carefree back then I just daydream about going back all day...
>>
>>37537480
I think everyone balances past, present, and future thinking. Those whom ruminate are going to be more depressed, those who worry of the future are going to be anxiety ridden, those only in the present will be naive, and those out of time thinking in meta ideals will do nothing with their time but figure out patterns and meanings.

A good balance of everything, I believe, will ensure the maximum happiness out of life. However, I'm sure some decisions will be better than others.
>>
>>37537028
There's no way out anon. Your life is meaningless as any other. But you can enjoy the ride, destroying others in your way.
>>
>>37538442
fuck you i will find meaning, searching for a meaning is the meaning
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.