[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Czech out

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 8values.jpg (147KB, 438x674px) Image search: [Google]
8values.jpg
147KB, 438x674px
/czech/ thread
>discuss praha
>neglect brno
>praise czech resilience to cultural enrichment
>inb4 beer
>>
>>37531882
I taught in Hradec Kralove about six years ago for 3 months. I loved every second of it. I thank every native for being so cool to me while I was there. Nazdravi.
>>
>>37531945
Glad you liked it. We Czech are usually very critical of ourselves, so hearing praise pleases us.
>>
>>37531945
its na zdrowie shithead
>>
>>37531977
It's " na zdravi ", we're not Polish.
>>
>>37531967
I was surprised to see how hesitant people were to speak English; however, after some insistence, it was spoken freely. I was thankful, since their grasp of my language was much greater than mine of theirs. The German speaking community was interesting--if not consisting mostly of the elderly. My knowledge of German was less limited than Czech, so that helped me out a bit.

Regardless, I had an amazing time and I'm glad I could visit the country. Eastern Bohemia is gorgeous. Brno was cool, I guess, but I was only there for the automobile show.
>>
>>37531996
lock you in the trunk bitch real shit
>>
>>37532039
The young have a better grasp of English than the older generations (cuz technology and the internet), so older people might not be confident in speaking it or their accent.
>>
File: czechhelper.png (44KB, 657x804px) Image search: [Google]
czechhelper.png
44KB, 657x804px
>>37532059
>lock you in the trunk bitch real shit
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>37532104
I was told that the English language was essentially forbidden until the dissolution of the Soviet Union. The way I saw it, the Czech people only had a little over two decades to figure out the clusterfuck that is the English language.

Regardless, I always found myself impressed by the average student's grasp of the language--whether it was a 15 year old public student or a 35-year-old marketer for Phillip Morris. If I wasn't impressed by their knowledge, I was baffled by their hospitality.

What I wouldn't give to go back...
>>
>>37532212
Why can't you go back? Where do you live?
>>
>>37532246
I traveled during summer break of my Junior year of university. I had some money that I could use to travel, and a local friend had married a woman from the Czech Republic. He had told me his wife had a sister and mother who worked in the country teaching English, and that they would like me to help them. After some discussion, I agreed, and traveled.

To cut a very long story short, the sister ended up getting attached to me. She had a fiance of 4 years. I wasn't interested. At the end of my stay, I suddenly "owed" the family $1,000 USD or else they would call the cops on me for not giving them the money I "owed"/"stole" from them.

Needless to say, I left the country a couple days early. I sent them a cheque/check for the money "owed" in order to smooth things over once I got home, but they never cashed it. Was it the money after all, or was it about some unrequited feelings? I don't think I'll ever know; however, it's always left a sour taste in my mouth.

I would go back in a heartbeat if I had a job to go to--like teaching English. Otherwise, I don't think I would have it in me to go back for fun.
>>
>>37532246
>>37532345
Also, I live in the United States. Central Pennsylvania, to be more precise.
>>
>>37532345

why didnt you just ask your friend to talk to his wife about her family
>>
>>37532461
I did, once I got home. I finally had access to my phone and a solid internet connection, and reached out to him. Almost six years later, he has yet to respond. We haven't spoken since.
>>
>>37531882
Are there many russian/ukrainian girls in Praha? Just asking.
>>
>>37532528
Some, yeah, but most Russians are in Karlovy Vary.
>>
>>37531882
Ahoj kamarat
Do you have any Slovak friends?
>>
>>37533770
Yeah, of course I do, and I keep meting new ones.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.