[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow these threads are just super depressing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Been on this page for a day and i can feel my self loathing kicking in. I honestly feel bad for you guys with social disorders, I know how that feels, but hating yourself is just going to make you believe even more that you cant accomplish anything, and you can!
dont lose hope.
>>
>>37530143
I'm going through a serious episode right now and I find r9k to be somewhat therapeutic.

Just knowing that others are suffering is nice?

I dunno, I also chime in with positive advice which reinforces my beliefs that it is possible to pull through.
>>
What are you talking about? The board is full of life loving normalfags
>>
That sounds like normie babble to me. Self hatred is good for the mentally ill. It will help keep the gene pool clean.
>>
I genuinely haven't felt self loathing on /r9k/ in a while. I actually feel happy lately browsing here. And I'm in between a regular poster and a rare poster. Although I was a constant browser and poster when I first started out here.
A lot of this place is shitposting and memes, and the depression/self loathing/gloomy threads don't bother me since I've been so down on myself at many points in my life that the only place to go from that point on is upwards.
>>
>he isn't completely hobbled by social anxiety and self-hate
I believe there really is a point of no return and that I've crossed it. At this point my best hope is being a wage slave during the graveyard shift, and that's only optimal because I'm to pussy to pull the trigger.
>>
>>37530164
my advice for trying to push through social problems: put away the laptop for a few days.

Honestly when ever I go on a road trip or a vacation and I dont use my laptop for like a week it completely clears my head, even if Im not doing anything to solve my problem it really broadens your horizon, if that makes any sense
>>
>>37530143

Self-hatred often comes from external influences validating self-loathing.

example:
-"friends" often talk down to you and make fun of you
-"friends" often put you through interventions
-co-workers dislike you
-trying to better self and failing multiple times
-failure to get along with others
-being untalented
-being unintelligent
-making bad choices
>>
I was bullied a lot in middle school and i was a total outcast in grade 9-10, I also have ADHD. I know what the mental stuff is like. The only way to push through it really is to force yourself to do things, its fucking terrifying but it beats hating yourself
>>
>>37530143
how did you end up here, normie?
>>
My friends used to talk down to me, or at least that what i thought they were doing. You need to look at other people perspective sometimes. As I got smarter I started thinking, "what are the biological reasons for him to do this to me" I came to the conclusion that I was way to quick to defend myself if someone made a joke about me so I made the decision to start laughing at peoples jokes and the talking down really went away.
>>
>>37530367
sorry normie, they're trying to figure out where you are in the pecking order. if you throw some bantz back and cause them to hesitate you bested them. if you hesitate or show discomfort you're below them.
>>
>>37530143
fuck off normie, you'll never ascend and be cool like us

also cutting is retarded
>>
Im just trying to be empathetic
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.