[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was reading about some girl who got stabbed and anyway, th

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: knife.png (897KB, 1218x760px) Image search: [Google]
knife.png
897KB, 1218x760px
I was reading about some girl who got stabbed and anyway, the guy who stabbed her was on trial and all that stuff but then the girl went and managed to go get herself murdered in a seperate incident by some other guy.

Kinda seems unfair to keep pursuing the charge against the first guy. What good does that do now?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/sex-assault-victim-jailed-judge-edmonton-1.4140533
>>
He still stabbed her.
>>
>>37530126
but if you look at it on a cosmic scale, she was doomed no matter what, as it turns out. You can't actually be charged with murder if the person you attack is already doomed. You can only be charged with attempted murder because no matter your best efforts, you can't actually murder them, but you can try all you want.

That's real you can look it up.
>>
>>37530092
The first guy should still be charged.

Why is this a thread?
>>
>>37530172
If you look at it at a cosmic scale nothing matters at all. The first guy needs to be punished because he committed a crime. We don't want people who stab others walking around freely.
>>
>>37530172
the intent was there, i think that's how they rationalise it
>>
>>37531664
but the victim is gone
>>
>>37532899
But he still committed a crime. Even victimless crimes like "intent to murder" are still crimes and should be punished.
>>
>>37532934
You know the word victimless refers to crimes that should go unpunished?
>>
To discourage him and others from stabbing people in the future. The goal shouldn't be revenge, it should be keeping society reasonably safe.
>>
>>37533037
Uh, no it doesn't lol. Where'd you get that from. Victimless crime means it just doesnt have a victim. Drug use is an example or consensual prostitution.
>>
File: 0061-003.jpg (365KB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
0061-003.jpg
365KB, 2048x1448px
>>37533058
with no victim, no crime has occurred
>>
>>37533072
Um, thats not what crime is.

Are you slightly autistic, anon. If i try to kill someone, but i fail and get caught, no matter what happens to that person (wether they live or die in an unrelated death) i still tried to kill someone and i should be punished

Nobody is gonna tell me "hey bro! The dude you tried to kill yesterday? Yeah, he got hit by a car. You're good to go!"
>>
>>37533101
That's pretty perverted. Throwing a brick at a schoolhouse that is burning down isn't a crime.
>>
>>37533133
That's not perverted at all. Intent to commit a crime is still a crime.

If i go to a hospital and kill a kid who is dying of cancer, i still committed murder.

Is this concept hard for you to grasp?
>>
>>37533152
No, it's just attempted murder. You can't get charged with murder when someone is already doomed to death. You can't kill what is already dying.
>>
>>37533164
They can't charge you with murder, vut they can charge you with attempted murder, which is still a heavy crime, numbnuts
>>
>>37533164
And yes, its still murder in the eyes of the law. It doesnt matter if the kid was going to die

Willingly Ending someone's life = murder/homicide/manslaughter

Regardless of the circumstances.
>>
>>37533133
what if you hit a kid and bash his head open and he dies before firefighters come rescue him?

the point isnt just punishment, its a deterrence, so if you are contemplating doing some fucked up shit like stabbing omeone you dont think 'oh well im gonna go ahead and do this its ok i might get off anyway'
>>
>>37533181
>On August 19, 2013, Forcillo was charged with second-degree murder. On July 30, 2014, he was also charged with attempted murder. On January 25, 2016, he was found not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter, but guilty of attempted murder.[8] On July 28, he was sentenced to six years in prison.[1] The next day, he was granted bail pending an appeal of the court's sentence.[9] This incident was the only time an on-duty Ontario officer was charged and convicted in the death of a person since the inception of the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) in 1990.[10]

>murdered a kid
>only guilty of attempted murder

Because you can't murder what is already dying.
>>
>>37533203
>Because you can't murder what is already dying
Not according to the law. If you kill a terminally ill person, the court ain't gonna look the other way.
>>
File: shinji.jpg (32KB, 298x223px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
32KB, 298x223px
>>37533225
Literally just cited an example of a court case looking the other way.
>>
>>37533233
He still got attempted murder. Thats still a crime. He is not innocent.

What is your point? Are you this retarded or just trolling?

Also, majority of jury would still convict you of murder.
>>
>>37533233
it was an on duty cop, like cmon obviously theyre gonna make exceptions for cops

although it depends, in a place like canada euthanasia is legal so if it is done medically they will do just that
>>
>>37533248
Actually the majority of juries would uphold the law. You are backpedalling. He was incapable of being found guilty because it's not murder to kill what is already dying.

You merely live in your bubble of assumptions. New ways of thinking or facts from outside your purview are immediately discarded. You choose to live in stagnant thought with your head in the sand. What good does it do you?
>>
>>37533274
Okay then. Go to your nearest hospital in the hospice ward and stab a patient to death.

The court will let you off with something light since he/she was dying anyways
>>
>>37533274
But he was still fond guilty and still got punished?
>>
File: sketcheri.png (11KB, 295x310px) Image search: [Google]
sketcheri.png
11KB, 295x310px
>>37533283
hard to admit defeat for you, isn't it?
>>
>>37533297
Defeat for what? Getting murder reduced to attempted murder doesn't make it NOT a crime.

The point of your thread was that it isnt a crime at all to kill someone that is doomed to death. Like the guy who stabbed the chick.

Its still a crime. You proved nothing lol
>>
>>37533296
of attempted murder. You can't kill what is already dying. It's very clear. He shot the guy, which he was entitled to as it was in line with his duties as a police officer. These shots were fatal. However, he kept shooting the man after he fell to the ground. Those shots were unjustified and it was concluded he attempted to murder the victim. However, as a result of the legally sanctioned shots, he was not guilty of murder because the victim was going to die no matter what, so he was only found guilty of attempted murder because you can't kill what is doomed.
>>
>>37533318
shouldn't be though. It makes no sense.
>>
>>37533325
>You can't kill what is already dying.
Yes you can. Its called euthanasia and its still illegal on certain parts
>>
>>37533283

you are 106% retarded. why dont you go stab a terminally ill cancer patient to death, maybe the courts will give you a reward for compassionate behavior.
>>
>>37533332
So if I try to murder a child but i fail, and the next day the child gets hit by a bus and dies

I should be completely aquitted of trying to kill her?
>>
>>37533349
Yes. You didn't kill her so why should you get punished?
>>
File: giphy.gif (375KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
375KB, 480x480px
>>37533297
by your logic there is no valid murder, as we're all going to die
>>
>>37533332
I think maybe you should rethink your perspective considering the majority of people would disagree with you. Attempting to murder someone is about the intent. They wouldn't do it in the first place if they knew the person was going to die soon anyways. And if they're capable of carrying out that intent on one person (even if that person dies of other means), then they are thrown in prison so they don't carry out such an intent with someone else. Bc you can't know who is going to die anyway. Your rationale is really flawed.
>>
I like the way you think, OP.

I did 9 months for Deadly conduct (shot at someone and missed) but if the law thought the same way you think, i wouldn't had to waste almost a year of my life.

Fuck the law.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.