[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide / Death / Depression / Thoughts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: FINE.jpg (29KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
FINE.jpg
29KB, 500x340px
What do you guys think happen after we die? You think there is a afterlife like heaven? Do we relive the same life but in a parallel universe? Do we dream forever?
>>
>>37525123
We return to the collective consciousness that is God
>>
>>37525123
No, I think it's just nothingness. I wish there was an afterlife though, that'd be a really comforting feeling.
>>
>>37525123
I think the christian scenario
because if not, than life is just pure death and unhappiness and humans deserve to go extinct,
>>
>>37525154
What does that mean? That we become God himself?

>>37525156
So we pretty much just lose consciousness?

>>37525186
Well I think in the future that is a possible outcome humans will go extinct because they are greedy.
>>
>>37525123
It will be the same feeling you had before you were born. Nonexistence. You will just fade away and cease to exist.
>>
>>37525123
There is no evidence to suggest there is. Besides, why would I kill myself if I'm just going to end up in some other shithole? I couldn't imagine anything worse.
>>
>>37525199
If there is no God then there is no Devil and humans were just that fucking evil and definitely deserve extinction and suffering
>>
>>37525205
This is what I find odd. That was just fade away like we were never born at all.

>>37525219
But what if we end up in a fantasy world that you always wanted?

>>37525223
Yes then the fuckers who got away from tragic shit are lucky.
>>
>>37525253
There will never be actual peace in the universe unless we find the cure to death
>>
the energy binding the particles of our physical body is released
some people believe energy is intelligent and develops its intelligence from us, what we experience they experience. so in a sense the we that we think we are will live on after our physical self expires
>>
>>37525297
But if we find a cure for death it won't stop the rich from having it and keeping it away from the poor.

>>37525331
So ghosts?
>>
>>37525331
Do you think people on hallucinogenic drugs enter a different dimension because from what ive heard it certainly seems like it
>>
>>37525341
We could be their slaves forever as they travel the universe
>>
>>37525365
But if there was no death wouldn't the slaves start a revolution?
>>
File: 1496095066435.jpg (117KB, 640x657px) Image search: [Google]
1496095066435.jpg
117KB, 640x657px
There is no death
>>
>>37525123
>kill self
>become reincarnated as doggo
>learn to browse 4chan again
>make thread "hey senpai it's me >>37525123. I'm a doggo now. kek."
>fuck white women with your doggy dick
>???
>profit!
>>
>>37525375
they might, but by then they will have perfect control over the hoards
>>
>>37525405
Wtf? I put f a m not senpai
>>
>>37525426
hoards of what? The slaves? How will they have perfect control?
>>
File: 1481573366089.jpg (24KB, 321x348px) Image search: [Google]
1481573366089.jpg
24KB, 321x348px
I really should had killed my self 10 years ago, every day spent alive is to my detriment.

Every day is torture.
>>
>>37525123
>What do you guys think happen after we die?
nothing

>You think there is a afterlife like heaven?
no

>Do we relive the same life but in a parallel universe?
no

>Do we dream forever?
of course not. why would we?
>>
Why does nobody ever take the option of "humans aren't special and death is an arbitrary term"? They just take "I'm a completely unique special existence" as an axiom and work out of bunch of nonsense conclusions from there.
>>
File: homunculus2.jpg (333KB, 1280x907px) Image search: [Google]
homunculus2.jpg
333KB, 1280x907px
>>37525524

yee think I promised my 13 year old self to die before I got old enough to not even have the hope of suicide
coincidentally also 10 years ago
if you can become a NEET, every day is torture but the days go by quicker because you can do the same nothing each day
it becomes a case of actually just waiting to die instead of killing yourself
>>
>>37525856
you can't escape feeling special because you have a sense of self. every conscious entity shares this quality.
>>
>>37525911
But I did escape. That sense is not what people think it is, and thinking of it that way is completely illogical.
>>
>>37525991
then we're not talking about the same thing. i was talking about ego and identity. you maybe were talking about something else
>>
File: 1466282481076.jpg (48KB, 650x395px) Image search: [Google]
1466282481076.jpg
48KB, 650x395px
No places I'd really want to be, and I don't think there's anyone I'd like to see in the "hereafter."

Except for maybe some anons, and even then it would still just be text on a screen for old times sake.

Sure there'll be regrets, but honestly can't wait to be done with it all.
>>
>>37526049
But we are talking about the same thing. You have just never looked at where the idea of ego comes from.
>>
>>37526111
go on. what supercedes instinct. i can't wait
>>
>>37526145
What does instinct have to do with ego? Humans act against instinct all the time.
>>
>>37526255
i've asked you what you meant. now explain it. i'm still following a logical thread. you have left it and i'm guessing it's because you are full of shit.
>>
>>37526287
The idea of ego comes from humans being able to sense a singular, unchanging presence behind conscious actions. Then people make the groundless assumption that they have perfect knowledge of this presence, and from there they conclude that the presence that everybody else claims to perceive must be a different one. No human has ever observed evidence that this could be the case, no human has ever perceived there being more than one presence.

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to grasp that their knowledge of their own ego could be incomplete.
>>
>>37526415
ok, cool. so your initial point is valid but your interpretation is wrong. that's the difference.

>I don't understand why it's so hard for people to grasp that their knowledge of their own ego could be incomplete.

you've answered your own question my friend
>>
Id like to think nothing happens when you die. It makes sense. We came from nothing and return to nothing, but if i can wake up once whats preventing me from waking up again?

It wouldnt matter how long it would take for the stars to align and create me once more, since the dead dont feel time.

But if i were to wake up ""again"" would that really be me?

Ehhhhh, thats future me's problem
>>
>>37525123
I really hope there's just nothing. I spend all of my life escaping it and hoping to die before I turn 30. How would I spend eternity?
>>
>>37526594
>We came from nothing and return to nothing
What comes from what? This statement is nonsense that gets passed of as "obviously true" by people who don't know the first thing about rigor.
>>
>>37525123
There's reincarnation, ghosts, and heaven. They all work together in a way. I'm not sure exactly how, but they all have evidence to back them
>>
>>37525123
I think existence itself is so absurd it's not worth thinking about, if something happens great, if not we were nothing for much longer than we were something so we'll just be back to our natural state
>>
File: 5BzJV6X.jpg (374KB, 1280x820px) Image search: [Google]
5BzJV6X.jpg
374KB, 1280x820px
>>37525123
I sort of hope I end up in some kind of walled-in purgatory town for people who committed suicide.
>>
>>37526841
that would be weird.
it seems like this is something you've thought more then once about
>>
>>37525123
Logic tells me it's nothingness.
Paranoia tells me there's a hell that I'll be punished in for all eternity.
Things like deja vu make me think life is on a repeat cycle.
Dreams are my only solace would be the best ending.
>>
>>37525123
>Do we relive the same life but in a parallel universe?

Kind of. Infinite versions of ourselves live the exact same life, over and over again, with no knowledge of the other. This is because the universe is expanding and collapsing, in a cycle it's believed. Though the chances are slim, if this cycle lasts forever, eventually it will create big bang exactly like ours and all radioactive decay coincidentally happens the same way it did in this universe, causing all of the same things to happen, including our lives. Though the chances of this are slim, if the cycle of our universe goes on forever, it will happen infinite times. But as for us, the us in this universe, we'll return to nonexistence and be that way forever. Of course, there could be alternate universes in between our own repeating universe, where you're chad or something, but that's not really you i guess.

tl;dr things will just keep repeating over and over, but we won't be aware of it
>>
>>37525123
Is a shotgun to the heart a quick way to end it? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>37525253
>"This is what I find odd. That was just fade away like we were never born at all"

Nobodies like us, we're never meant to exist in the first place.
>>
>>37526912
it's just the plot from the anime in his picture haha
>>
>>37527184
then y do we exist you turd?
>>
>>37525123
I'm not sure and honestly I don't care much. Even black empty nothingness is better than the hell I live in every day
>>
File: 5072a4b73dc881573c450cfad655a8b7.jpg (294KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
5072a4b73dc881573c450cfad655a8b7.jpg
294KB, 1440x900px
>>37526912
It's the premise for Haibane Renmei which is about a bunch of girls who (probably) committed suicide in their past lives.

A lot of it deals with themes like self-hatred, depression and existential despair, and how the characters learn to overcome it and move on to the "next life".

The setting is peaceful and quaint but sort of mysterious. I think I like this idea of purgatory more than heaven, as a place where you totally leave your past self behind but still get the chance to work out your issues in the company of similar people.
>>
>>37527236
how come we couldn't design ourselves?

>like you know
>>
>>37527231
So that chad can show us up and show everyone that he's better than us in every way, you cock mongrel
>>
>>37526064
You don't want to go to a fantasy world? Maybe perhaps a universe where you and your waifu live a happy life?
>>
>>37526599
>tfw 25 but can't be fucked to kill myself
>these next 5 years will go by a blink of an eye
>tfw I might be 30 tomorrow and not know what the fuck to do
>>
>>37527021
>>37527092
This is what scares me. What if Deja Vu is just your memories from different worlds or from you living the same life from another world?
>>
I live, like most anons here, in an abstract kind of hell walled away from necessary human interaction despite trying to engage in them

My worst fear is to die and remain eternally punished in this same state of anxiety and depression..... Physical pain does not scare me really...
>>
>>37529067
If physical pain does not scare you, why haven't you killed yourself? That's the only reason I haven't.
>>
>>37529086
>My worst fear is to die and remain eternally punished in this same state of anxiety and depression
>>
>>37529104
So? You wouldn't be the first. Pretty sure couple people before you would be there.
>>
File: 1496383734747.gif (1MB, 349x248px) Image search: [Google]
1496383734747.gif
1MB, 349x248px
>>37525123
I've seen a lot of bad things happen to people (most of it on here) and it's left me with a very macabre impression. I think once those neural connections are severed there's nothing really there anymore. I think what scares me the most is that I wouldn't know I'm dead, I wouldn't have a functional brain to be aware of my own death. So it wouldn't even be "seeing black forever". It would, in all meanings of the word, be a void, an unintelligible void. It'd be like asking a rock what it feels or senses. But it's okay.
>>
>>37529157
Well it depends on how you die. I'm sure if you get stabbed to death you would at least know you were dying.
>>
>>37525439
Lurk more dear friend
>>
>>37525123
This is what I think
>brain state uploads to another place
>that place is arranged based on that brain state
>>
You continue to exist forever in a closed loop watching over yourself living your life from birth until death. Over and over, unable to affect its outcome. Nobody can see you. Nobody can hear you. Nobody can touch you. All you can do is watch as it keeps happening.
>>
>>37527817

If I could, I guess I would try it out first, just to say I did.

But fantasies have grown very hollow to me over the years. I grew up on books. Making little worlds to myself in my head, and even now it's one of the few things I still live for in between the monotony. But they've all gotten very "empty" as time went on, and I think I just want to put them to rest instead of wondering them alone.

Even with "occupants" they feel desolate.
>>
>>37525205
yeah, scary to imagine it but thats only because when we imagine a place in the world we put ourselves there in first person. It is impossible to do this with somewhere you have never been or felt which makes the thought of nothingness so scary. but there will be no part of us left to experience that nothingness, we won't be anything. the only part of death that scares me is not being able to materialise my dreams and ambitions. but i'm starting to give up on them.
>>
>>37525123
>Do we dream forever?
idk but whoever is responsible for human consciousness needs to be punished
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.