[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annoying Guy at work

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1489938197870.png (180KB, 527x296px) Image search: [Google]
1489938197870.png
180KB, 527x296px
Some dude where I work knows everything about computers, programming etc etc. Like way above what I know, but I work in the IT department and he works as a janitor and mechanic on the weekends. He's also younger than me by a few years. I tell him to get a better job, but he says he's looked. He's always bragging about his knowledge and shit I don't know about. Like wtf do I do. It's starting to get on my nerves because I can tell he thinks I'm undeserving of my position, when I can do my job just fine, he's just better at computer stuff.

pic unrelated
>>
>>37522744
I bet you weren't born with a penis, were you now?
>>
File: 3123123153453666263645.jpg (11KB, 306x287px) Image search: [Google]
3123123153453666263645.jpg
11KB, 306x287px
>>37522744
Assert dominance over him.
>>
Are you writing about me? What state do you work in? Also you're about to be naturally selected faggot. I'm coming for you and God.
>>
>>37522774
I work in D.C.
>>
>>37522744

So you feel threatened by him?

If he says shit, show a little backbone. But if he's being civil, just leave him in peace... what he thinks is his business.
>>
>>37522837
well he's always talking about all this shit he knows and all his side projects, and if I say I haven't heard of it. He's like "what, no way c'mon dude, it's super well known, if know anything etc." Like fuck off man, I'm just here to do my job, I don't care if you some amazing leet hacker and know 100 programming languages.
>>
>>37522911

well. Maybe you could learn something from him.

Or maybe you could get him a job with you (probably what he's hoping to accomplish)

and also: There are ways of telling him these things without exploding on him, which is what I think you're really here for advice on.

Just tell him you don't want to talk about computers all the time, and for you this a living-- not a passion or hobby of yours.

Or if that's too direct, change the conversation once you've heard enough.
>>
>>37522793
Oh, well then your job is safe as long as you do your job well. The next time he talks about how he could be doing a better job than you politely tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>37523049
No, I don't want to explode on him, I just hate the condescending feeling he gives me. I know he's smarter than me, and I feel like he's after my job since there aren't many job openings where I work. I really want some magical way of reversing time. I've already told him he knows way more about this shit than I do, but he still talks on and on about the stuff.
>>
>>37522793
Wat up 202 bro, I'm at the KPMG in DuPont !
>>
90% of office IT support can be done by anyone with YouTube. The fact that he knows more about computers doesn't make him better at your job.

When I was 16 I worked a supermarket register. One guy working there was in his 20's and studying engineering. He knew the mechanics and electronics of the belts and systems we used for some reason (or searched them and could understand them). I was still faster at the job than him.
>>
>>37522744
Nice crab mentality, bud. You're an adult. No one is out to get you. He's probably just making conversation, and since you work in IT he's using computer talk to relate to you.
>>
>>37523134

>I've already told him he knows way more about this shit than I do, but he still talks on and on about the stuff

I'm friends with people like these. If you tell them you don't know they will take it upon themselves to educate you-- in length. It's almost a pathological thing. It's pretty annoying, for sure.

Just keep express your annoyance, if he's the type of person who is naturally just enjoys breaking things down and explaining them, he's probably a fairly reasonable person.

Express. Annoyance. In a forward manner, while still being civil about it. He'll get it. Keep doing it, too. You're setting a boundary
>>
How easy would it be to kill him and hide the body forever? It's either this or he takes your job.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.