[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seattle Washington

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: main_03-social.jpg (114KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
main_03-social.jpg
114KB, 800x400px
is Seattle, Washington a good place for a robot? I am tired of living in Florida. It's disgustingly hot nearly year round, full of bugs, sluts, and other undesirable groups of people. Seattle seems like a great city for me, mostly white/asian, low crime, high income, can get a nice apartment for cheap compared to other cities, cold weather without bugs and sun. Do any robots live in Seattle? Can you share experiences?
>>
Great city anon though I did get severely addicted to heroin there. Florida is fucking horrid literally move anywhere else. Seattle is cozy tho
>>
>>37507056
I live in a nice area in Florida too, but it's still awful. I guess it's hard to enjoy living somewhere when you're uncomfortable every day of the year except for Dec and Jan because of the unbearable heat. I still end up sweating even though I keep my house at 73-74 degrees.
>>
>>37507004
The weather is cool and damp the vast majority of the year so physically speaking it's remarkably comfy. Unfortunately things are super expensive, we're infested with degenerates, and if you think that SJWs are only online you are sadly mistaken.
>>
Weird, I just move to Florida from Seattle. Florida is full of niggers and it's hot. WA is god-tier weather and full of whites (Seattle is gooks and niggers). I lived in both Seattle and the country, despite Seattle being full of undesirables it was better because everything was so available and close.

That being said, it doesn't matter where you live you're still poor and still not going to get a gf or whatever you want.
>>
enjoy paying 500+ more dollars for rent than whatevers available in bum fuck Florida
>>
>>37507004
If you don't mind being constantly surrounded by spics, niggers, numales, shrill feminists and trannies. There's also a huge homeless problem. Seattle's good for a visit every now and then, but god am I glad I don't actually live inside it.
>>
>>37507287
Apartments don't seem expensive at all. I'm looking at one right now that's only $3,200 a month for a 2 bedroom 950sqft with a water view. And SJWs are annoying, but harmless I've never had any bother me.
>>
>>37507361
I am wealthy, I still am a KHV virgin though. I still live with mommy and have zero debt and close to 180k in savings
>>
>>37507416
Spics only make up around 6% of the population in Seattle, and nogs around 8%. In wealthier areas I bet they're basically non existent.
>>
Seattle robot here
The PNW in general is super comfy. It's super beautiful here with mountains and islands and the cool damp climate is comfy af.

If I were you I'd move to vancouver if you can. Seattle is a great city for robots but there are a lot of SJWS here and it is expensive (it's just as expensive in Vancouver but considerably less leftists there)

Spokane is nice too, absolutely gorgeous old world urban setting
>>
>>37507004
I hope its good, I am moving there in july to share a house with a college buddy and two people he knows. 900 a month/person but its a very nice location. I have lived there before when I was broke, but now I have money so hopefully it works out. Not looking forward to the traffic. I hope my social life gets better here; there are more women and they should be more intellectual, and just more to do in general.
>>
File: 1494360467757.jpg (8KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1494360467757.jpg
8KB, 250x235px
>>37507004
>apparently a ton of robots live in Seattle
>never meet any of them
I just want to make friends with other robots so I don't have to be so lonely anymore.
>>
>>37507571
i'd be willing to hang out with you when i get into town, anon. what part of the city are you in?
>>
i'm visiting in august to watch vidya. never went anywhere alone before and likely going to die
>>
Seattle is great for recluse shut ins. You can get anything delivered to your door.

If you can work from home you could literally never leave.
>>
>>37507004
>can get a nice apartment for cheap compared to other cities
>>
Seattles alright but the surrounding towns are better, places like Kirkland, or Redmond. Avoid Everett and Monroe full of crime and bad people. Really where the charm comes out is in the small towns in the area like Arlington or Snohomish. Small town charm, traditional values, 90% white, and little to no SJW's. While Seattle is super liberal and some of the surrounding cities when you go into the small towns it gets a good mix and most people adopt a middle road centrist view
>>
>tfw south seattle

this place resembles somalia
>>
>>37507004
Bremerton here. I personally couldn't see myself living in Seattle, but maybe it's just because I don't like big cities. Everything else about Washington is maximum comfy though.
>>
seattle is extremely expensive and it is terrible for people like you. it has literally no culture and the people are stupid, shallow, and unfriendly, and the weather is shit.

all the food is shit, there is nothing to do, all the people talk about are their shitty stupid sports teams and terrible music.

spokane is 100X easier to live in because it is affordable and the people are just as stupid as the people in seattle but way less stuck up. but it still has shit weather and there is nothing to do.

the only good part about washington is high minimum wage and legal weed. if one of those two things doesn't improve your life, then your life will be shittier upon moving to washington state.

i moved back in with my parents in my late 20's after 5 years busting ass in washington and am happier now than i ever have been in the last decade.

but you know what, a few years of hard labor, cold weather, and social isolation might be just what you need to improve your shitty disposition, it worked for me. they won't let you starve up there, that's for sure, and you can always sell your blood plasma for an easy income.
>>
File: 1493575445268.jpg (184KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1493575445268.jpg
184KB, 665x662px
>>37507707
West Seattle now I feel awkward and shy
>>
What's the best city along the washington coast?
>>
>>37508112
i grew up in the worst spots of WA. Burien, Tukwila, Renton, Tacoma.
anyway, my last year there, Tukwila was completely over-run with Somalians/Ethiopian.
you would smell your new neighbors and already know what you were dealing with. i always wondered where the fuck they were coming from and how they got there. this was 15 years ago, can't imagine how it is now.
>>
>>37507004
Just moved to Seattle from Ohio. Hate it desu. Really expensive, rent is crazy, people are rude and shitty, don't really like the vibes at all. Need to leave asap but I'd feel bad giving up after 5 days
>>
How comfy is Minnesota for a robot?
>>
>>37507004
Never been to Seattle. My main issue with Florida is that is it is too boring. The art and music scene down here seems to be nonexistent. Although I could be wrong. Also, the weather. It's humid as shit outside and it is getting hotter too. Tropical storm season is here so there will be lots of rain storms.
>>
>>37507422
how the fuck does this seem reasonably priced to you? seattle is literally the ninth most expensive city in the US

that said, I live here and if it's not important to you that you're surrounded by SJWs it's really nice
>>
>>37507004
i live in seattle
its not because its expensive as fuck to live in actual seattle, so you better have some fucking high paying tech job at microshaft or amazon. alternatively just live in one of the outside cities like renton thats like 15-20 min from seattle
>>
>>37508371
Seattle robot here, it is funny as I found out from a relative that everyone was nice about 20 years ago before people from California and immigrants rushed to Seattle and it was like 99% white. Most of the third or fourth generation Seattelites are alright but all the fucking transplants bring their culture/temperament which is generally shitty and angry towards everyone not of the same group
>>
>>37507004
>can get a nice apartment for cheap compared to other cities

YOU ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING MY BUMPKIN FRIEND
>>
>>37507004
>can get a nice apartment for cheap
not in the city proper. You are lucky if you can afford to live near your work. >cold weather without bugs
We do have a spider season but nothing poisonous
>and sun
Don't complain when there isn't sun for a long time: it will happen.

Still, it's the de facto capitol of the Pacific Northwest, I love it.
>>
>>37508362
It's gotten worse. Whenever I go to any of those spots I always go strapped because people there are trashy. Friend of mine lives in a nice house in Tacoma and he still has gang drivebys happening around his area. Weird shit happens in Renton, your car gets broken into at the mall in Tukwila as well.
>>
>>37507004
I live in Seattle and it sucks, but it's probably better than Florida.

Everywhere you go in Seattle are crackheads trying to scam you for money. There are mini tent cities absolutely everywhere. A ton of people from out of state have been moving here in recent years and many of these people bring their hostile behaviors with them from whatever shithole they came from (southern California, New York, etc.) This is also why housing cost is skyrocketing.

The weather is pretty good from Oct-Apr but there are still plenty of bugs. Much of the reason for this is that many people let their dogs shit on the sidewalk and don't clean up after them so there are lots of flies around. You'll see dogshit (with a footprint already in it) about every 50-100 feet when you're walking downtown. If you don't, check your shoes.

The nigger population is pretty low but you'll see a lot of them on the street regardless. Most blacks I see are crackheads and it's pretty common to see or hear crackheads screaming as you walk around.
>>
>>37508722
Even 10 years ago it was much much better. I've worked a lot of jobs around the city, often temp ones so I stay somewhere a bit then move on, and easily half of the people I work with are from out of state. It's rare to find people that actually grew up here, but when I do they are usually the nicer people I encounter. Most of the out of state people are opportunists and sociopaths. Some of them even call themselves Washingtonians or Seattlites despite only being here for a few months. It's totally weird.
>>
I live in north Seattle and bike at night delivering for postmates. It's pretty OK here. I don't have to work too shitty of a job, and I get to see a lot of the city. A lot of weird people on the streets, but overall it's a pretty cozy city. Have fun with rent.
>>
>>37507004
>low crime

top kek
>>
>>37507512
>but considerably less leftists there
hah
hahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

t. Vancouver dweller
>>
>bugs, sluts, and other undesirable groups of people
Go a bit farther to Alaska, we only have bugs :^)
>>
>>37507004
I grew up in Tallahassee and I live in Seattle now. Ditch Florida, OP.

Seattle isn't perfect - other people have mentioned SJWs and the homeless problem already - but it's better than anywhere in Florida. If you can get a job in tech you're golden.

The only downside is the winter. If you're used to the warmth and sunlight of Florida winters you'll have a hard time adjusting to the PNW. In the winter it's pitch black outside by 4:30pm and it's constantly wet and hazy. Your first winter will be brutal if you have depression.

Do you know anyone in Seattle? The biggest mistake I ever made was moving to a city where I didn't know anyone, the loneliness was horrible and I almost killed myself.
>>
>>37510111
The winters are honestly my favorite thing about living here. The constant rain and darkness and mist of it. Wish it could be that way year around.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.