[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so few people commit suicide?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: corfn.jpg (445KB, 1901x1320px) Image search: [Google]
corfn.jpg
445KB, 1901x1320px
Why do so few people commit suicide?
>>
>>37499258
Because as much as life sucks, occasionally something good happens which makes it suck a little less. Plus, as a species, we're hardwired not to want to off ourselves, for obvious evolutionary reasons
>>
>>37499258

Evolutionary biology. That's about it; in many cases offing ones self is objectively the most pragmatic course of action, but we're hardwired to avoid it.
>>
>>37499258
Suicide is a permanent solution for temporary problems.

Even subconsciously, most people realize that and push past it. They just complain a lot while doing so, which hinders the speed of progression.
>>
>>37499258
because if life is pointless you might as well keep living
>>
>>37499567
what a meme phrase. not all problems are temporary
>>
>>37499567
>Suicide is a permanent solution for temporary problems.

i hate hearing normies say this shit. dont you want the solutions to ALL of your problems to be permanent ?
>>
>>37499258
suicide rates are really high right now. maybe a percent of a percent doesn't sound high, but it's still thousands and thousands a year.
>>
>>37499258
>Why do so few people commit suicide?
It's illegal

That's it, society heavily discourages it and people don't want to break the mold, do something unexpected

I think that's probably the strongest force stopping people from just throwing themselves off a cliff
>>
Suicide is a blur hur da gur solution to a blah hur da gur ba doo.
>>
>>37499258
bevause most people aren't pussies that can keep on struggling through life as they know they are going to die anyway and might as well stick around to see what is going to happen in the world
>>
>>37499622
That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. You think the only thing stopping people from killing themselves is that it's illegal? Something that can't even effect them after they're dead? Fucking moron.
>>
>>37499622
This, honestly. If suicide was seen as a normal course of action, thousands more would do it. Guilt trips change everything.
>>
Personally speaking, I love coffee, driving and playing battlefield too much to off myself
>>
>>37499694
Its the psychological impact of it being "wrong" moreso than its actual legality.

People are trained to believed that they cannkt come and go as they please in general, the lack of suicides reflects that.

You are told that you are never in control, and when you are, it is wrong. That is the real problem.
>>
>Nearly 19 suicides each day in my country.
>In USA its 121 per day.
This is somehow considered "so few", what?
>>
Because it's meaningless. Life is short, but for us it's everything we have. Might as well see it through, with the good and the bad, because this is all we'll ever get.
>>
>>37499622
It's not illegal in loads of countries, e.g. the
UK.
>>
>>37499879
how large is your country in comparison
>>
>>37500062
38mil, Poland ranks #15th worldwide compared to USA #48.
>>
>>37499622
Its illegal so cops can enter your home if they think you will off yourself.
>>
>>37499567
Most of my pension seem to be permanent.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.