[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you guys preparing for the next market crash?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: stock-market-crash-812253.jpg (70KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
stock-market-crash-812253.jpg
70KB, 590x350px
How are you guys preparing for the next market crash?
>>
>>37486117
I never really recovered from the last one.

It totally destroyed any chance I had for a successful start in a real career.
>>
I've sold basically all my positions except some broad market ETFs and BRK-A back in April. If there is a correction, I'll happily buy at a lower price.
>>
>>37486117
And the one after that, and the one fater and the one after that....Capitalism doesn't work.

I'll just be over here reading some Lenin.
>>
>>37486283
>TFW you graduated college in 2008
>>
File: IMG_9277.jpg (76KB, 499x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9277.jpg
76KB, 499x412px
>>37486305
>unironically reading Lenin
>can't spell "after"
Hmmmmmmm.........
>>
File: DJIA20132.jpg (114KB, 1240x576px) Image search: [Google]
DJIA20132.jpg
114KB, 1240x576px
>>37486305
Congratulations, you don't understand finances. The DJIA (or the market generally really) vastly outperforms any other possible method of generating passive income. It's gone up and bounced back through Depressions and World Wars. It'll survive whatever bullshit happens next. In the long run, the Bulls always win.
>>
>>37486383
The vast majority of capitalist countries are poor.
>>
>>37486291
How many shares do you have in Brk-A? Isn't that like a quarter million per share?
>>
>>37486405
Also, the only rich countries are capitalist.
Meanwhile, the vast majority of communist countries alternated between genocide and mass starvation.
>>
>>37486434
Yes, 249k as of Friday, but I've bought them at 195. Four shares.
>>
>>37486443
wow congrats you're a millionaire. I mean you probably were way before that, but now a millionaire just on account of your BRK A holdings.
>>
>NVIDIA at $140+

God damn, I could've quadrupled my money if I bought early last year.
>>
>>37486457
Well, technically the private equity holding in whose board of directors I'm holding the majority (which is easy because it's just my father, my sister, a lawyer and me) controls a few millions in capital, yes.
>>
>>37486518
What do you think about the stock Orchid Island Capital? You seem pretty knowledgeable about finance. Do you think it's a good dividend stock?
>>
File: Karl_Kautsky_01.jpg (178KB, 487x608px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Kautsky_01.jpg
178KB, 487x608px
>>37486439
>All communist are Stalinist (or MLs which are Stalin-lite) who want a Top down centrally planned economy.
>>
>>37486117

Hoarding my wealth in cryptocurrencies.

I put in $1000 a few months ago and I'm already close to $50,000 thanks to near-blindly following decent advice on /biz/.

That would probably be a lot higher if I hadn't made a few early mistakes but whatever. Easy way to become wealthy in our era.
>>
>>37486117
all of 2008
>omg market's gonna crash, obungo is not muh president! commie! commie!
>nothing happened
>omg we're doooommed
>nothing
>this time it's gonna crash! we're DOOOOOOMMEEEDDDD
>didn't crash
september 2016
>WE'RE FUCKED IT'S GONNA CRASH NOW! DO IT! CRASH REEEE

June 4, 2017
>market's gonna crash any day now wait and see

Fucking imbeciles.
>>
File: 1496215696520.png (248KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1496215696520.png
248KB, 734x729px
>>37486492

AMD still going down despite successful Ryzen launch. Thanks a lot gaymers, you killed the stock over 5% performance difference on faulty motherboard bios
>>
>>37486544
>a RMBS financer that pays a whooping 16% dividend
Honestly, I wouldn't, but I'm a value investor. Give me a 50 year old 5% ROI blue chip over anything that promises 16% pa - or at least I'd just buy a small position. The P/E ratio is okay(ish) but nothing too celebrate. And it went public barely 5 years ago with not all that much cashflow so you just don't know if they'll keep cashing out that dividend if things turn south.
>>
>>37486626
>5% ROI blue chip
Yeah I was looking at some of those too. Target looks pretty enticing right now.
>>
>>37486584

It will eventually happen, but market crashes are mostly animal spirits and are quite difficult to predict. Yes, you can notice negative trends such as speculation bubbles, but you don't know when they'll pop or how much of an impact on the economy they will have.

Also, these libertardians spastics are the same idiots who scream market crash every year and once they finally get it right. The mornonic normans will be praising them for being economic gods despite doing the same shit every year and they talk out of their ass otherwise they wouldn't subscribe to the Austrian school of economics which is considered heterodox like Marxian and also rejects empirical data.
>>
>>37486678
They're decent if you just want to hold forever and cash out dividends but that they've basically gone the opposite direction than the rest of the market YTD is a little worrying in my opinion. Or at least it doesn't bode well.
Have you looked into the Dogs of the DOW? It's a rather easy, not very workintensive way to invest for anyone who doesn't want to bother with stock picking and still promises decent returns.
Or any broadly spread market ETF really. I've personally held a S&P Vanguard ETF for a few years, good stuff.
>>
>>37486758
Haven't heard of that dogs thing? From what I just looked up, it means picking the highest dividend stocks on the DOW?

I am 22 at the moment and I just started my Roth IRA last year so I'm really interested in dividends, especially since I don't have to pay any taxes on them. I'm looking at USAA (my broker) mutual funds a lot too. Considering dumping a few grand each in some of the more aggressive funds.
>>
>>37486877
>dont have to pay tax on dividends

anon..
>>
>>37486877
Yeah, pretty much. It's no guarantee you'll be rich, of course, but you can't do much wrong with the Dogs.
And, unfortunately, you do have to pay a capital gains tax on dividends. I know. Thievery.
>>
>>37486896
It's in a Roth IRA, are you sure there are capital gains?
>>
>>37486940
I'm not a U.S. citizen so not sure with that but dividends are treated the same as taxable income if they're just held normally

t. didn't understand how our Australian franking credit dividends work and got JUSTed when it came to pay tax
>>
>>37486952
>>37486915
From what I understand, Roth IRA's are completely non-taxable assuming I don't make any withdrawls beyond the principal amount until I'm 65, since the income going into them has already been taxed.
>>
>>37486977
I'm not from the US, but yes, generally capital gains aren't taxed until you withdraw them from your portfolio.
But that's just a delayed tax on already taxed income. It won't be tax-free if you ever want to say, buy an apartment with it (as a private citizen)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.