[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really fucking hate my job. Who else here, really hates

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 193 84778291.png (336KB, 1429x1117px) Image search: [Google]
193 84778291.png
336KB, 1429x1117px
I really fucking hate my job.

Who else here, really hates their fucking job?
>>
Quit your job if you hate it.
>>
I had a job where they made us wear hats to keep hair out of the shitty food. I quit that job
>>
>>37480280
>Quit if you hate it

Yeah because the world let's you live an above near homeless lifestyle without money
>>
i think most people hate their job. i hated the job i had before. it was just the boss was a bitch, we couldn't talk. i am going to get a job at some place i guess sorting documents.
>>
>>37480269
Haha, I don't wagie! Wait a minute, I don't have one!

Unless you consider arranging, conducting, and participating in my own, homemade symphony a job, then I guess you could call me the world's happiest wageslave!

Oh but wait, I'm my own boss! So I'm not a slave to shit!

Will wagies ever learn?
>>
>>37480269
No. I'm glad to have a job, and I take pride in my work.
>>
>>37480302
Just live on the beach.
>>
Paralegal.

Love jobs and colleagues, but some (~30) of the attorneys I work with are dicks (male and female attorneys). Everyone else is amazing and the work is great.

Still can't wait to quit---leave---next month and begin law school in the fall.
>>
>>37480269
Warehouse packer, not really.

What I hate: lots of standing

What I like: alright pay, good benefits, no uniform policy, little social interaction, close to home, lax management, and interesting things to pack (antiques, collectibles, shit like that). I work 10 hour days for 4 days a week, and when I clock out I don't have to worry about someone taking my spot. At 5:30 I just leave as I please
>>
>>37480566
10 hours a day sounds like hell
>>
>>37480624
It goes by quickly when you're focused. Plus I get three days off (working full time). I'd honestly rather stay this way than do 8 hours for 5 days since I don't do much after a work day anyways.
>>
At least you guys have a job. I haven't worked since I got fired from my last job in October. Thinking about working fast food to get some easy young pussy
>>
>>37480269
I'm a delivery driver for a paint company. We do nothing but haul heavy ass paint around North Texas. It was cool when I got to go from Dallas to Ft Worth to Alvarado to Rockwall to Waxahachie, see all the shit I've never seen, and since I was going to so many towns, I'd only have 4 or 5 deliveries a day. but since the other driver got a new job, it's been hell. All I do is stay in this one-ass town doing 20 deliveries daily. They tried to pin 24 on me Friday, even my boss said "fuck them, go home"

I hate this shit.
>>
>>37480833
Where have you been in waxahachie?
>>
>>37480667

I'm currently doing 5 8 hour days right now. It turns out to be something like 11 hours when I factor in lunch, getting ready for work and my commute, plus being tired when I get home and not doing anything for the rest of the day. I'd love to work 4 10 hour days or if I ever could, work 3 days for 13-14 hours a day.
>>
>>37480881
No one forces you to live so far away from your job or take 2 hours to get ready for it.
Showering and brushing your teeth and other basic stuff doesn't count, you should be doing that on a regular basis even if you don't have a job.
>>
>>37480667
>>37480881
four 10 hour days are fucking boss. There really isn't much time to do anything at all after a typical 9-5 shift anyway, so why not get those 40 hours crammed into 4 days and go have your long weekend. My old job had four day weeks all summer.
>>
>>37480928
i'm not him but i also need like an hour and a half int he morning to get ready fro work. I teach HS and I've found that I can't really roll out of bed, shower, and then show up ready for work. I need that morning time to get shit right.
>>
File: Ra2Oyzsgr2o.jpg (60KB, 640x611px) Image search: [Google]
Ra2Oyzsgr2o.jpg
60KB, 640x611px
Reposting from another thread:

I'm a typical shut-in and borderline NEET (I only go to one class once a week at the moment). Trying to overcome my anxieties and finally find a job. I've already applied online to our local movie theater for a floor stuff position and at Winn Dixie (supermarket) for a bagger position. No answer yet but it's only been like a week. What are other good places to apply to have some low-paying part-time job? I want to also build up some job experience to get a better part-time job later but it's not a requirement. Fast-food places is probably not an option since I still need to develop my communication skills. I can barely say "Hi!" to anyone. Thank you in advance for reading my nonsense.
>>
>>37480360
I live in California and worst comes to worst this is what I intend to do. Live on the beach and sleep in the sand all day. Maybe learn to surf
>>
>>37480928

Those extra 3 hours are an hour lunch, 1/2 hour in the morning to get ready, and generally around 1 - 1/2 hour of commuting. I live near a major city, so traffic can be pretty bad sometimes. If I leave early enough in the morning, I can avoid most of the traffic that starts to accrue by 7am. My afternoon commute home generally takes 1/2 hour to an hour, depending on traffic or if there's been a accident.

My apartment lease ends at the end of March, and I plan on moving somewhere closer when I can.
>>
>>37480566

Order picking is the ultimate robot job. little or no interaction required, do you work and leave. Tend to have good benefits because they don't want people getting injured and sueing.
>>
>>37480269
I just applied for a job at a Mcdonalds and i'm dreading it

is it shitty, robots? should i work front or back? Any tips?
>>
>>37480860
Houses, stores. I don't know where specifically since I wasn't there all the time.
>>
I'm in retail. I honestly view my station as below that of a slave.
>>
>>37481294
It might be alright if you'll be working night shift.

You'll want to kill yourself though if you have lots of shifts during lunch.
>>
>>37480269
my job is posting on 4 chan
i get paid every week by my dad
>>
>>37481399
i put 5:00pm to 9:00pm on weekdays for availability. I'm a senior in high school (18 of course), so I can't really afford night shifts.

I just hope I don't get bombarded with assholes in their mid-teens, they fucking hoard fast food joints around here.
>>
File: 1357025037529.jpg (208KB, 538x585px) Image search: [Google]
1357025037529.jpg
208KB, 538x585px
I hate working so fucking much

I am already in a bad mood because I have to go to work in 14 hours.

there is no job that I could enjoy. if I had ambition or a talent or even an inclination towards something, maybe. but I never will. anything mildly enjoyable instantly becomes mind numbing trash as soon as it's a job.

I don't want to be poor forever but it's impossible to escape this. I'm going to die and nothing will be left of me, the mediocre slag that I am
>>
>>37481294
I work at McDonalds part time

>front or back
They don't give you a choice where I work, you get put wherever they need you
>tips
Try to work in one in a nice area. Shitty people will come in shitty areas. Don't take it personally when shitty customers/managers yell at you. Don't work on Saturdays if you can help it. When you get hired clearly state when you are and aren't available. Don't say you can work longer than you can to look good.
>>
File: 1243996248503.jpg (11KB, 264x282px) Image search: [Google]
1243996248503.jpg
11KB, 264x282px
Of all the jobs I had retail was the worst, mostly interacting with people and dealing with bosses and shit-tier coworkers.

Working at a call center was rough in its own way but I didn't have to deal with coworkers and I didn't feel compelled to drink every night, plus I could sit back and escape to that happy place in my mind. Plus it paid better than retail.

Working manufacturing (beer packaging) was pretty comfy, got exercise doing it (and enough other activity that I didn't have health problems), plus I got free beer.
>>
>>37480269
I enjoy the mine, sadly only got half a year before I quit.
>>
>>37481526
this location allows me to choose front or back, my friend that works over there said it was the first thing they ask at the interview. I was leaning towards back since I know it would be hellish to deal with customers, but idk.

And thanks for those tips, anon
>>
File: kermit explains all.png (288KB, 357x348px) Image search: [Google]
kermit explains all.png
288KB, 357x348px
>>37481526
>Try to work in one in a nice area. Shitty people will come in shitty areas. Don't take it personally when shitty customers/managers yell at you. Don't work on Saturdays if you can help it. When you get hired clearly state when you are and aren't available. Don't say you can work longer than you can to look good.

This. The difference between clientele and the manager will make a HUGE difference between hell on earth and almost comfy.

Don't volunteer yourself for long/unusual hours, you'll hate yourself, you won't earn favor with anybody, you won't make more money, and you'll be exploited. Don't listen to that hack on TV, he's from a different era when that might've worked.
>>
>>37480624
I work 14 hours some days as a barback
>>
>>37481585
If the back means drive-thru then I would stay clear of that, my voice gets sore as fuck doing that and if you do it long enough you start to get hearing problems from the headset. If back means cooking, I wouldn't know because that's the only thing I don't do there.

Taking orders at the front and putting the orders together are probably the easiest jobs.
>>
>>37481500
Same

I just cant stand anything
>>
>>37481650
fuck me too but 12 hours a day. is it a slower bar at least? mine sure as hell isn't.
>>
>>37480360
What if OP state doesn't have a beach you stupid fuck
>>
>>37480269
I work at autozone. I just got home from a ten hour shift. I go to work at 7 tomorrow morning. Fuck My Life.
>>
>>37481787
You get days off?
>>
>>37481758
walk there
>>
>>37481715
It is but the rich fucks we serve dont pay well so i dont make much money. Nice learning the techniques, drinks and syrups though.
>>
Currently looking for one. What did u guys put on your resume? Any tips on how to stand out?
>no volunteer work
>no past jobs
Help me out guys
>>
>>37481860
Why not volunteer?
>>
@37481811
oringally epik!
>>
>>37481860
>ask mommy if a friend will hire you
that's the only option for a rob0t
>>
>>37481884
My guess that even volunteer work these days requires outstanding resume to even be considered to work for free.
>>
>>37481500
>mediocre slag that I am

I hate to break it to you, but if you can't even handle basic level jobs then you're far below mediocre. I bet I've met 16 year olds who are smarter, more talented and more in control of their life than you.
>>
>>37481884
I need a job to pay bills now, plus I meant I've never done volunteer work so I can't put that on my resume
>>
>>37481916
Fucking really? Pretty sure they're looking for warm bodies.
>>
>>37481860
I just put freelance lawncare with a relative.

And made up a story about working for a grocery store in middle school.
>>
>>37481924
If you can't find a job, why not volunteer anyways?
>>
>>37481932
They didn't background check it or anything? I want a job close to my home because no car and there's only a certain amount of them. I applied and mostly never get a call back or its "still in process
>>
>>37481946
>no car as of right now
>no places looking for volunteer work
>>
>>37481946
He can't even get hired for volunteer work probably.
Most volunteers are students living with mommy and daddy, so they don't give a fuck about not being paid. They are just working to pad their resumes with relevant experience.

Meanwhile you have>>37481924 who literally can not afford to work volunteer since they have to support themselves and working for free isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>37481973
Well they did a criminal background check, thats about it. I put my brother down as a reference and they didnt call him so.
>>
Yeah, my job sucks. I basically do the work of 1.5 FTE. My boss is part-time as he winds down to retirement, so it feels like he's doing sweet-fuck-all while I work late most days. I don't quit because I hate interviewing and I think that most jobs in my field are similar in terms of workload.
>>
DON'T
WANNA
WORK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>37480269
If I had a job to hate in the first place I would
>>
File: zozzle.jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
zozzle.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>37480269
wagies are upset about their shitty jobs again
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.