[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

poverty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: rzul.jpg (43KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
rzul.jpg
43KB, 500x484px
Who else here /poorfag/?

>never had not highly outdated computer or console
>diet consist of cheapest thing available
>cheap clothes bought once in a year or two
>pizza (not microvaved one) is luxury
>>
File: IMG_1587.gif (18KB, 114x116px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1587.gif
18KB, 114x116px
>>37474931
I've never really known what it is to be poverty stricken? Can't truly relate but I pass along my deepest wishes of betterment for those who are.
>>
>>37474931
I grew up rather poor
>outdated computer when finally got one, most games were 5-10 years old
>for a big part of childhood, "video gaming" meant a NES hooked up with an old bnw television and a couple of games for it
>had internet once a year for 10 years, whenever there was a 30-day free trial available (in practice this meant 1-2 hours of internet a year for me)
>clothes were often bought at second-hand stores, and when I was very young (below school age), mother would also make some for my brother and I
>didn't get to travel aboard until in my teens, in some years didn't get to travel at all
>got bullied in school because of poverty

I'm not that poor anymore, but it still affects me
>had the same phone for almost 9 years, didn't get a smartphone until last year (and even that is far from a flagship model)
>haven't bought new clothes except some underwear and socks since 2015
>very hesitant to buy anything new at all
>>
Can you get a job? Getting at least $60 at the end of the day will shoot your conditions up dramatically.
>>
>>37474931
Even when I was in college I had full time jobs but I live pretty frugal now, even when I make 100k a year. My food budget is $240 a month. I only eat out 4 times a month and that's for brunch every sunday.
>>
>>37475274
I just remember that
>tfw not many home videos because parents couldn't afford a camcorder
>>
>>37474931
My parents were illegal so I grew up pretty poor. I have a decent job now so it's ok. It taught me to put up with living without much so I don't ever have anything to complain about really
>>
>>37474931
>tfw parents are pretty rich but incredibly misers
>my PC is 13 years old Pentium 4 with 1GB RAM and 80 GB hard disk, even the monitor is a CRT
>food is home cooked, healthy but nothing special
>clothes are nice (because gotta keep the appearances)
>>
>>37474962
Fuck off tumblr roastie, we've told you many times to leave but you're still here for some reason
>>
>>37475565
I have much fun here, and I'm not derailing anything anymore so I don't see why I should go? Plus I lurked and learned more of the culture.
>>
>2017
>Still no mobile phone
>>
>>37474931
>tfw poorfag but know how to make myself look like I'm not
>tfw all my clothes are old but they're of decent brands like American Eagle or Urban Outfitters
>tfw slightly mooch off of other people sometimes
>get nice clothes from hand-me-downs from my brothers ever once in a while
>no car, so I always have to get rides from other people
>never had a high-end gaming PC like I've always wanted so I always feel like I'm missing out
>never had a smartphone that I either brought for myself or that I received as a gift; always hand-me-downs from my brother
>currently don't even have a smartphone, have a shitty dumbphone that I got through welfare benefits
>don't even have to pay which is nice
Currently have a job but I don't get enough hours, so I'm looking for another one.

I'm surprised that I've managed to keep up with video games, sort of. I've never had every console available to me, but during the sixth gen, we at least had a PS2 and a Gamecube, but we never had a terrible amount of games for either. Like 10 or less and we always bought shit cheap and used. We also had a Wii and a 360 the next gen, but I would say that I only ever got to play maybe 30% of all the 360 games that I ever wanted to play. Didn't get a PS3 until like after the PS4 came out iirc. Currently I have one of those as well, but it's not really mine, it's actually my brother's and it's only with us because he's been staying with us for the moment. There's currently a sale for Capcom games on the PS4, speaking of, and I'm still thinking about getting something. It's kinda sad because nothing on there is more than $15 but I don't have more than a few hundred dollars at the moment and I really just want to save money.

Fucking hate how poor I am. I want money most of all, honestly, so I can go out into the world and do whatever the fuck I want to do. I want to save up money for a car and to go back to school but it's tough to do that when finding a job is so hard.
>>
>think money will solve my problems
>wage slave and study hard for years
>finally graduate with no debt and 70k job doing something I like
>much better than being poor
>still empty shell inside
>now have nothing to drive me each day besides work
>still fucking blessed and am happy
>but still drink too much and miss her
>>
>>37475301
not him but jobs in my country fucking suck its like sign to be an industrial slave
that's why i will fucking end my life
>>
>>37475655
Samefag here. I also didn't even have a phone throughout the majority of high school, didn't get one until my senior year, and then it was a dumb phone. I fucking resent being one of the only kids in my entire class who just didn't have a cellphone. Even the other poor kids had one.

I've also never traveled abroad. I fucking hate it how normies always talk about going other places to become cultured and shit, when I've never even had the opportunity to do so because my family has never had the money for that sort of thing.
>>
>>37475660
>now imagine being a poor empty shell
>no alcohol barely any food
>no pc or hdtv to watch anime or movies
>no phone or pc
>just you and your mind thinking in how the others can atleast distract with games and stuff
>>
Do any other poorfags take a sense of pride in making the most out of what they have got and cleanliness to make up for being so poor?

I wear clothes from goodwill and the cheapest stuff on sale from the low cost retailers. My home is decorated with mostly stuff from goodwill and gifts. I only have last gen consoles and I often cant afford to buy food. I cant afford to travel or go out or do anything fun.

But I always make sure my home is nice and clean and fresh and tidy. I play the shit out of my old games and I wear the crap out of my clothes but they are always clean and my hygiene is always good. I take a lot of pride in that, even though im poor I can still feel /nice/ and have a /nice/ home even if its not fancy.
>>
>>37475905
used to be like this then i realized that it doesn't matter so i don't clean now just when i need it fuck i don't even take baths and brush my teeth.
>>
getting the latest tech isn't really that great. I could imagine constantly buying the new model the day it comes out, but thats more like an event to get the latest trending product. For actual use you can use the same thing for years, When you get new shit you gotta reorient everything and get used to it which is a pain when you're fine with how things are. If its games and consoles, most of it is distractions, and you'll never become a power player cause you keep on getting new games.
>>
File: 20161107_042340.png (439KB, 1065x927px) Image search: [Google]
20161107_042340.png
439KB, 1065x927px
>>37474931
grew up poor. once i got a decent job my family starts to think theyre entitled to my money. i dont help them. they ostracized me my entire life. never got taken to places with them. making like 20 a hour now and just waiting for them to kick me out so i can go be homeless with money. have about 200k saved up aince age 18. now 24 this year
>>
>tfw i wear clothes i have had for the past 5 years
>tfw people have actually said i look kinda hobo-ish
>tfw i actually make 4k a month
>>
>>37474962
God dammit stop doing that, we've had several discussions about this.
>>
>>37476830
>most of it is distractions, and you'll never become a power player cause you keep on getting new games.
Not true
>>
>>37477034
What have I done? I'm just responding to the thread.
>>
File: wojackfeel.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
wojackfeel.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>37474931
Most of my clothes are 3-4 years old and oven pizzas are like a fucking wonderful treat. Why did you have to make me feel OP
>>
>>37477133
Stop avatar fagging. If you had lurked enough, you'd know.
>>
>>37474931
I've lived in misery my entire life.

>have to wear mom's clothes
>never had a console or even a bike
>got a computer in 2008 and it was a gift from my wealthy uncle
>never ate any type of fast food like hamburger or pizza, i eat beans and rice everyday
>still don't have a cellphone
>still using the computer my uncle gifted me, it has a Pentium 4 processor
>>
>>37474931
Are you poorfags from developing countries? 1st world poorfag here
>>
>>37477212
I did lurk enough. Sheesh. <3
>>
>>37474931
well shit. i have the newest most expensive computer(bought by me from my hard work), pizza most days because it tastes great and a bit of freedom to buy stuff here and there. just get a supermarket job.
>>
>>37477158
oven pizzas are 79 p in aldi
>>
its times like this when you start to understand why niggers are always stealing
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.