[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else fuck up career wise? I choose med and I hate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Did anyone else fuck up career wise? I choose med and I hate how much work it is and how much I have to deal with normal fags. I could have had a comfy as fuck life as a programmer spending my days getting blazed but instead I chose this absolute CANCER. Fuck me lads
>>
File: 561547.jpg (21KB, 256x252px) Image search: [Google]
561547.jpg
21KB, 256x252px
>>37466204
>went to college for software development
>went to uni for software development
>get a code monkey job
>leave after 2 years because it was literally killing me
>bar manager now and much happier
feels good desu
>>
>>37466244
Learn from this guy OP.
Open a bussiness. Either a medical one or just a bar/resturant. Probably will make you the same amount of money, yet less work, and you are your own boss.
>>
>>37466204
Not too late to learn programming yourself. School is a meme dude, a little dedication gets you further than any degree will. When you have some skill, go make your family some stuff for free to make it known that you can code and get them to spread the word. Soon enough people will come to you for their programming needs, and before you know it you're freelancing.

The world isn't black and white man, there's nuance and everywhere and hundreds of paths leading to thousands of destinations.
School is just one of hundreds of ways to prove your worth. Maybe try another.
>>
>>37466244
this is unironically my plan for the future
switch the manager for a bartender / DJ tho
>>
>>37466244
>get a degree in education
>start teaching
>realize how much I hate vapid normie teenagers and dumb thots who become teachers
>now work at a warehouse

No fucks given
>>
>going into medicine without being interested in medicine
Why do you dipshits do this? Medicine is not a career you choose for money unless you want to burn out and suicide soon after.
>>
>went to school for IT
>be ITguy for 12 years
>realize I hate it
>try to go back to school for geology or engineering
>realize it's too expensive now
>currently trying to switch into web development as a compromise with myself
>>
File: pepe-sweating.png (551KB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-sweating.png
551KB, 964x912px
>>37466204
>tfw have to choose a master's degree in the following month that will decide my entire future

s-stop making feel pressured lads
>>
File: 84230918420984098.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
84230918420984098.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>37466204
>I choose med

Enjoy drugging people dumbass
>>
>be janitor
>boss loves me
>gives me raises so I'm making like 12 bucks an hour after less than a year there
>boss takes another job elsewhere, leaves me in charge
>turns out i'm better taking orders than giving them
>hire friends(biggest mistake you can make as a boss)
>constantly yelled at by store managers, my new boss who barely speaks english and peppers it with spanish
>can't take it anymore, quit, which is what they wanted anyway it seems
>be NEET for 12 years following this

Should have stuck it out but I crumpled after a year of dealing with their shit and my equally useless employees. It's taken me those long dozen years to even get hired again, basically have to start from scratch. Wish me luck. Should have learned to fix ACs and heaters and shit, but instead started working right out of highschool because i figured the boss would stick around and not leave me holding the bag. Can't blame her though, bitch was gonna make like 20 bucks an hour bossing around russians and nogs down in detroit.

>tfw they issued me a paycheck plus card that I never used, activated or anything since I had direct deposit, and they stuck my last paycheck into this fucking card
>still have almost 700 bucks on it that I can't access that's just been sitting there for twelve goddamn years
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.