[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just received a prescription for a drug named concerta.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 537.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
537.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
So I just received a prescription for a drug named concerta. I have diagnosed asperger's syndrome and supposedly some concentration issues on top of that. I haven't started taking the pills yet, but I'm supposed to start the treatment soon so that I can inform my psychologist about it so that we can agree another appointment to discuss the results.

What am I in for?
>>
>>37465633
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I HAVE ASPERGERS TOO BUT THEY DENIED MY FUCKING CONCERTA SCRIPT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I NEED THAT SHIT FOR MY STUDIES I USED TO HAVE FUCKING ADHD DIAGNOSIS JUST GIVE ME MY DRUGS

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 132234532.jpg (18KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
132234532.jpg
18KB, 500x462px
>>37465653
So do they actually work? I tend to get really exhausted after reading just a few pages of any book, even if the book is really interesting. I need to take breaks every two pages.
>>
>>37465633
Improved attention span, memory and motivation. It's a stimulant.
>>
>>37465633
Also, I was on that shit from I was 9 to I was 16, here's what you can expect:
>become more robotic and less "you" while on them
>you will be able to focus better on things, sometimes you can just flow along on automode
>maybe not the best idea to do them *all the time*, take some breaks where you feel normal again
>they may or may not kill your creativity
>they can be fun as fuck to use recreationally
>concerta is better than ritalin because you just take it in the morning and it works all day

You're welcome, I'm so fucking angry I lost my script for that shit. They even denied me my ADHD diagnosis back
>>
>>37465673
Yes they will most likely work. Have fun with them, I know I did.

>tfw they ended my script right before I found out you can use them recreationally

I went through a couple of bottles of that high dosage one of them in a couple of weeks, lol
>>
>>37465678
Nice. I'm 25 years old so I guess it's pretty safe to count out all the puberty+drugs related issues. I've been always a really bad student. I wonder why they didn't describe me anything when I was a teenager.
>>
concerta is basically ritalin, if that helps.

it's a stimulant like adderall/vyvanse/every other adhd drug. when you take it, you will immediately understand why powerful amphetamines are really easy to abuse.

in a physiological sense, here's what'll happen:
>increased ability to focus
>a kind of controlled hyperactivity
>you will forget to eat (this can cause problems, almost made me pass out once)
>you will need to drink a lot of water (also remember to do this, your body doesn't always tell you)
>zero interest in sleeping, would probably be impossible if you tried
>after it wears off, you will "crash"
the crash is not as bad as it sounds but not exactly a fun time either. sometimes you might just feel like, empty or worn out (but not tired!). maybe irritable. it's basically the emotional experience of running on empty. it goes away.

some stuff to keep in mind:
>it is not a smart pill
it lets you focus intensely on specific things, but you need to have a thing to focus on. when i've taken it without a specific task i just end up doing retarded shit really intensely for hours. this is fun but not the intended usage.
people get into the habit of being like "yeah i'll take this and knock out all my schoolwork" and it's definitely the kind of thing you will want to try out a few times before you take that leap.
>constant usage is not a great idea
if you take it every day, you'll find that the effects are diminished and (more disconcertingly) you will begin to feel like some kind of zombie. if you take breaks to remember what your non-medicated baseline feels like, you'll have a better time.

the first time i ever took adhd meds my immediate reaction was "what the fuck why didn't i take these things earlier"
>>
>>37465769
>concerta is basically ritalin, if that helps.
They're both methylphenidate, so the active chemical is literally the same. The key difference is the administration method, concerta is mechanical release and long release, ritalin is almost instant release.
>>
File: 84484.png (50KB, 382x486px) Image search: [Google]
84484.png
50KB, 382x486px
>>37465769
Thanks, that cleared some things for me. The doctors keep telling me about my potential and my missed school success, and that concerta could help me to obtain the things that are already available for normal people. I have lots of hobbies that require lots of concentration, but I get really exhausted after just a while of concentrating all my brain power do to the simplest thought based tasks.
ie. When I do some programming, I can only write a few lines and think out a handful of problems, but then I need to stop and take a rest after like 10-20 minutes of brain work.
>>
>>37465769
brief addendum to the schoolwork thing: be careful writing papers while you're on it

i've written essays while hyped out of my mind on adhd drugs and looked at them later and they're just straight up ritalin papers. they make sense and i've clearly written whatever i meant to write, but the way everything flows together makes it really clear that i was strung the fuck out when i wrote it. it's hard to explain what i mean but you'll know it if/when you read it.

it's like your brain would normally filter out most of the strange discursive impulses you normally have while writing but on ritalin/vyvanse/whatever those barriers go out the window and your amphetamine brain is like "hell yeah dude you definitely need to talk about cia involvement in haiti in 1991 for like 3 paragraphs in this essay about the urban development of new york city"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.