[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I get rejected or does she mean it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1496463380355.jpg (92KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1496463380355.jpg
92KB, 601x508px
Hey robots, I think I just got turned down.

>Recently started speaking with a girl a lot.
>We get really close
>Confess to her
>She accepts my feelings
>We talk a lot more
>We say we love each other like 20 times a day but I know her's is different
>She breaks up with bf 30 minuets after saying "I love you so much anon"
>I think this is my shot, she must have done it for me.
>Don't want to seem obsessive so I give it 3 days
>On the 72nd hour after her telling me the news I send her a giant paragraph asking her out
>She replies "I would consider you, yes but I am not ready quite yet I will need a significant amount of time to recover."
>I try to play it cool "Oh I understand" etc.
>Cry on the inside, might do so on the outside depending on how this goes
>She says she's going to sleep.

We do have very sincere talks but I don't want to be naive enough to be tricked. Am I being cucked?
>>
>>37463066
You shouldn't have sent her a giant paragraph exactly 72 hours after the news. You should've played it cool, kept it simple. "Hey do you wanna grab some drinks tonight?"

People appreciate strong emotional relationships, but going from an only emotional one to also physical is much harder than the opposite.
>>
HAHAHAHA you got cucked
>>
>>37463066
>>37463066
Don't confess feelings. It just ruins it. You fucked up. Also, keep texts short.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161128-132811.png (352KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161128-132811.png
352KB, 1440x2560px
>>37463116
But you don't know anything about their relationship. Do they even drink? Would this kind of thing be normal under other circumstances? Etc..

I mean, there are a lot of things to take into account. In any event, it's hard to say. What I would do would get into a situation where you're talking normally, then bring that stuff up normally and ask why she broke up with her boyfriend.
>>
Is anything still salvageable or have I completely fucked it up?
>>
>>37463194
Depends, wait and see. If she gets with another guy in the next few days you fucked up. If not it might still be salvageable. Just look at whether she's living it up or not.

Also you are not being cucked, you're an orbiter. To be cucked you need to actually be more than an orbiter. Which you currently aren't.
>>
You dumb faggot. All you are going to make yourself is a rebound. Anyway, the main problem is that you are retarded enough to fall for the gf meme. Abandon it before it ruins your life even more
>>
>>37463191
You're right we both don't drink. Maybe get dinner but we wouldn't go out and drink
I have tried asking her about what happened but she says she doesn't want to talk about it and that it upsets her. Might be kind if cuckish but I don't want to pressure her into talking about it
>>37463221
So just wait? I can try but I'm not the best at it. Any tips on how to resist asking her again? I can probably handle a few days on my own but more than that and u might say something stupid
>>
>>37463290
I might say something stupid*
>>
>>37463290

Yea so in general it's not good to bring up why they broke up with their previous partner unless they tell you first. But my point from before still stands, it's much harder to go from an emotional relationship to a physical one as opposed to the opposite. The norm is physical attraction -> emotional/personal attraction. Since you went about it backwards she probably sees you more of a brother than a potential mate. Sorry man.
>>
>>37463339
Yeah I get it. Do you think there's a way I can at least keep the friendship without it being weird now?
>>
>>37463373
What did you tell her in the long paragraph? Did you say you loved her and you want to live your life with her, etc? If so then it probably won't return to normal. Something similar happened to me and the end result was we had this awkward lingering friendship that turned to bitterness on my end once she got a new bf.
>>
File: 1487011366486.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1487011366486.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>37463290
I'm 91. Ask her if she doesn't feel comfortable talking to you or if she doesn't want to talk in general maybe? Make her think. Most guys don't do that and smart girls will appreciate it.
>>
>>37463413
To sum it all up I mentioned how we always say we love each other and then all we had in common and finally a load of compliments
>>37463415
I'll definitely try it. Can't predict how it will go though
>>
>>37463497
>>37463413
I mean I find it strange that you were both saying you love each other while she was still dating someone, but each case is unique I guess. Yea this sounds very similar to what happened to me. I'll summarize how it worked out for me:

>Girl was into me emotionally while dating bf in hs.
>We start talking very personally.
>Finally tell her I love her and want to date her.
>She chooses him.
>I get angry and not talk to her for 2 years.
>Fast forward to college.
>She sees me randomly one day and we start talking.
>She broke up with her old bf.
>We start dating.
>We date for 3 years.
>I don't want long distance so we agree to breakup when I go for prof. school.
>Realize that I never really loved her during those 3 years and that I was just nostalgic and liked feeling "loved".
>Massive regret for the next 3 years being alone realizing all the girls who I actually liked that were passed up cause I was in a loveless nostalgic relationship during college.

In general it's definitely an experience, it might be the same for you, but in the end I learned that it's not worth it.
>>
File: 2017-06-03 07.57.44.png (54KB, 815x539px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-03 07.57.44.png
54KB, 815x539px
Got some screenshots of skype to help
>>
File: 2017-06-03 07.59.02.png (96KB, 856x682px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-03 07.59.02.png
96KB, 856x682px
>>37463673
2/3 screenshots. Next one is her first telling me of the breakup
>>
File: 2017-06-03 07.59.46.png (101KB, 859x808px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-03 07.59.46.png
101KB, 859x808px
>>37463695
Last one. There's change anything?
>>
>>37463708
These* on mobile so bare with me
>>
>>37463673
>>37463695
>>37463708

My man she's using you as an emotional albatross. It's not worth it. Read the greentext above and you'll see how it'll turn out. If you want to experience that for yourself go ahead, but I want to let you know that I've only recently recovered from that entire ordeal and there was a point where I considered giving it all up.

Not safe my man, don't do it.
>>
>>37463066
trust me you two might never speak again
>>
>>37463745
You not going to follow that up? A reason maybe?
>>
>>37463730
I can't see her doing that. She has said she's always wanted to be an actress but if she was using me this would be a while new level.
>>
>>37463763
Literally happen to me she talked less and less
>>
>>37463778
She's not doing it on purpose, it's because you're enabling her to use you like that. It's on the subconscious level for both of you. It's tragic, really. It seems like you have your mind made up though so I won't hold you any longer. Hope it works out well :)
>>
>>37463807
I have fuck all experience so I will take your word for it. Any way I can stop it from happening?
>>
>>37463833
I've never been able to not stop it once it goes this far. The problem is that once someone has made up their mind about you, has a perception of you, it's very hard to change. Only large changes will get noticed, like working out or getting $$$$. Even then though she'll treat you the same because she's hoping that you'll be nice to her and grant her your new status.

But yea usually when you have a relationship like the one you posted in your screenshots it doesn't really ever go "back".
>>
>>37463872
Well I appreciate the help. I'll try and put together everything said in the thread and save my relationship with her. But one last thing. At what point should I completely jump ship? Should I try the things in this thread and then end it if they don't work or another time?
>>
>>37463910
It's great that you're being very introspective right now. It's the best thing to do at this moment. I'd say the abandon ship moment comes when you realize her being in your life and going through all this emotional turmoil doesn't make you happy.

This is going to sound corny but there's a line from the movie American History X that always gets to me. The main character is in prison for a hate crime and his old teacher visits him and asks "ask yourself, has anything you've done made your life better?"

So if there's a point for you when she keeps saying she loves you but then dates other people, and you're spending hours upon hours of your day or your LIFE, YOUR LIFE (can't emphasize this enough), wasting it on her and getting stressed out for no reason then get out.

I'll be around for a bit longer so lmk if you have more questions.
>>
>>37463983
I'll admit the happiness I used to feel when talking to her has been slightly replaced with doubt and suspicion. Might not be long until that point. I don't try to date or even befriend many people so I'll be sad to let her go but I'll remember this thread if I ever start to think she's dragging me down
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.