[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>its another breaking down in the bathroom episode

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: 1392101073496.jpg (43KB, 527x612px) Image search: [Google]
1392101073496.jpg
43KB, 527x612px
>its another breaking down in the bathroom episode
>>
>>37461596
I'm having that episode right now anon hahaha
>>
Why is sitting down in the shower while the warm water cascades over your body as you think deeply about your life so comfy lads

I take like half hour long showers because it feels so good
>>
How hard is it to get prescribed SSRIs?
>>
>>37461919
It's extremely, extremely easy. You have depression? They'll give you an SSRI no problem. They have no abuse potential and you can't really overdose and die from them so they give them out like candy.
>>
>>37461676
>Half hour
hah, that's cute
>>
>he pretends that people can see his tears
>>
>>37461596
>>37461938

>it's another almost started crying in the supermarket episode

Yeah so anyways, I've been holding off seeing a shrink and getting pills for years now. Tell me why I should start.
>>
>>37462054
If you want to be an idiot and continue suffering when there are things that might help you then go ahead. No one here cares if you go get an SSRI or not.
>>
File: 1469584009609.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1469584009609.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>>37461596
>it's another getting pissed off and cursing in the bathroom at work and you hear someone getting paper towels in the women's bathroom next door
>>
>>37462084

I'm scared because my mom used them and she eventually died partly because of medicine use. My best friend's shrinks fill him up with SSRIs and he can only handle so much dosage. When he goes off them he has panic attacks and has to call an ambulance.

It's just that I've heard stories and sometimes I am afraid of taking risks.
>>
>>37461596
The bathroom is the only place where I don't break down. Having a shit/piss/warm shower always brings me right back to the present reality and how I should just stop worrying
>>
>>37462136
I seriously doubt your mom died from an SSRI, they are unbelievably safe medications, and yeah if you need medication and stop taking it it will fuck you up, that's just how it works.

There's a lot of medications you should worry about taking, and anti-depressants are not one of them. They might make you feel tired or sick or dizzy or whatever but they aren't going to do serious damage.

If you don't want to take medication then find a therapist and do cognitive behavioral therapy instead.
>>
>>37462166
For some reason I feel that deep down, depression is just a meme and is not caused by or perpetuated by an otherwise irreversible lack of serotonin. I hate myself for being a sad sack of shit, especially after so many years. So many other people have had far worse struggles and are way more happy and successful than I may ever be.

If they can do it, why can't I? Well, that's what I keep asking myself. And so I try every couple of weeks to better myself, but I run out of steam after a couple of days. It's a cycle and I'm so fucking tired of it.

But you see my struggle here? Why should I become hooked on some drug I may not even need? What if I forget to take it or something? I'm just scared of drugs that directly affect the brain.
>>
File: 1490053848274.png (135KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
1490053848274.png
135KB, 800x850px
can't even fucking do that. parents or someone is always home and knocking on the damn door. literally no where to hide or vent. this is true hell. kill me.
>>
>>37462242
Okay, well, you can believe whatever you want, but science disagrees with you. Maybe your depression is caused because your life fucking sucks, but it might also be because of the chemicals in your brain being unbalanced.

You aren't going to get "hooked" on an anti-depressant, they aren't addictive in the slightest. You aren't going to die if you forget to take it for a day either, they build up in your system so you always have a 2-3 day supply inside you, but still the more consistent you are the more it will help you.

Note: don't listen to anyone who tells you you NEED to take an anti-depressant, and, conversely, don't listen to anyone who tells you never to take an anti-depressant, come to a conclusion on your own or with the help of a doctor, don't rely on retards on the internet to make your choices for you.
>>
>wage slave retailer
>start to have emotional breakdown and start tearing up behind register
>customer sees me and ask if I'm okay
>pretend to yawn and say yeah, just tired
>haha, yeah I've been there

No you haven't...
>>
>>37461596
>it's another some minor inconvenience occurs and you think about how much you really want to die episode
>It's another hop onto video game after long day of work and do shit, quit immediately episode
>It's another listen to the same music until you want to throw your headphones at a wall episode
>It's another hit yourself until you get bruises because you are upset episode
>>
File: 1491668325166.png (12KB, 470x457px) Image search: [Google]
1491668325166.png
12KB, 470x457px
>>37461596
>it's another waking up with tears rolling down your face episode
>>
>>37461919

really easy for basic ones

>>37461938
you can overdose relatively easily, your liver shuts down then you go into cardiac arrest i believe

>>37462054
you shouldnt, most ssris are placebo, snris are better senpai
>>
>>37462326

My life isn't shitty. Some bad things have happened in the past but I'd say in terms of social stats, I'm in the top 10% of r9k.

I think I'm going to finally do it. But I really need advice. I understand that most people nowadays are "depressed" (or who knows, they actually might be depressed). I am most likely going to use my university's psychological service. How the fuck should I talk to these people? They are known to send people off to wards and often force students to take LOAs.
>>
>>37462412
I don't know where you live but here they can't send you to the ward unless you have a plan to kill yourself or someone else or if you're abusing a child/an elderly person. I've told my psych and my therapist numerous times that I've wanted to kill myself and/or kill other people and they didn't send me to the ward since I didn't have an actual plan.

I'm not sure what an LOA is, Leave of Absence? I guess they could force that on you.
>>
>>37462558

Yup, leave of absence. In terms of the ward stuff, my state has a law concerning this and it's very vague. My friend has been committed to a ward by the university and it was Clockwork Orange for him; he told me all about it.

How little do you think I can tell them so they just give me the pills and I can walk out? The word is, they only give you normie advice and faggoty group therapy sessions where normalfags try to one-up each other on how depressed they are.
>>
File: Vangoghfeel.jpg (255KB, 800x609px)
Vangoghfeel.jpg
255KB, 800x609px
>its another hiding in the cubicle at a public venue to anxious to go out episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy4TO28gTWw
>>
>>37462667
At the clinic I go to they give you a little chart that you circle how bad you are feeling on certain things like how well you are sleeping or if you've lost interest in things you used to like, just circle all those except the one that talks about being better off dead or having thoughts of suicide, don't tell the psychiatrist or whoever you're having thoughts of suicide either if you think it'd be a bad idea.

Maybe going to an actual clinic would be better for you, if you can afford it.
>>
>>37462729

I have insurance. Well, here's the more detailed situation:

The popular psych place is the campus-based one. There is also a hospital associated with the uni that has its own psychfags. So there's 2 places for me to go. The former is where normans go but I'm sure they get their candies.

I'm not concerned about money. I think I'm going to do it. Taking a risk is better than not doing anything at all, right?
>>
>>37462765
Yes, it's worth a shot, just remember they take time to kick in and maybe the first one you try won't work for you, but there's a fuck ton of them out there to try.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>37461596
>it's another looking for places to hang a noose episode
>it's another crippling depression preventing you from leaving bed episode
>it's another failing everyone's expectations and seeing their disappointment episode
>it's another praying for death but realizing God doesn't exist episode
>>
File: image.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
924KB, 500x281px
>>37462161
Yeah when worst comes to worst you just have to
~let it go~
intsead of
--pushing it--
>>
File: 1495751029753.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495751029753.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
tfw punched 2 mirrors in one week this week
>>
File: 1417740683604.jpg (195KB, 485x511px) Image search: [Google]
1417740683604.jpg
195KB, 485x511px
>it's another lie on the couch and cut myself while listening to records episode
>>
>its another escapism episode
>>
File: XFtXAuW_d.jpg (30KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
XFtXAuW_d.jpg
30KB, 332x500px
>Mind removes me from reality for the majority of the day.
>Eventually get the will to get out of bed and shower.
>Decide to sit down.
>Warm water pours heavilly down the top of my head and coats my body.
>Imagine myself meditating in an underground cave.
>Floating in a sea of rejuvination.

Feels good, boys.
>>
>>37461919
Like everyone said, they give SSRIs out like candy. The question is, why the fuck would you want one? SSRIs are as ineffective as a placebo according to a study. They're just awful meds, no benefit at all, just a horrid feeling of numbness and apathy.

My theory is that the vast majority of severely depressed robots have a dopamine deficiency, hence why SSRIs don't work for us since they only affect serotonin. Serotonin deficiency causes crying spells, where as dopamine deficiency causes a complete lack of motivation.

Moral of the story, just buy some St Johns Wort if you really want an SSRI, it functions the same way but without the awful side effects.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.