[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why must normalfags be this way?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1490253147271.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490253147271.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
This happened several months ago now but I finally feel like typing it out.

>be me 18, no friends (aside from older sister whom I love very much), no social life etc.
>semi-isolated myself at around 13, pretty much fully around 15
>only really talk with my siblings and parents, still leave the house occasionally (once a week at the most) and can handle conversing with people when it's required like when shopping
>but aside from that I have an extremely hard time talking to people and if I'm approached I feel like I come off as cold because I become short with my speech
>be early February 2017, I get really depressed for reasons I don't know, still don't understand
>pretty much stop talking to my Dad (we always talked and hung out a lot), only leave my room when absolutely necessary
>pretty much just watch anime all day and listen to music
>somehow have not watched Welcome to the NHK before this point
>decide to watch it, and end up finishing it in two days
>cry the majority of time watching it, only makes me feel worse
>avoid depressive shit and only watch happy anime for awhile after that
>still cry a lot while watching because I'll never get to experience any of what I watched in real life
I know escapism is probably unhealthy

cont.
>>
File: 1487200179772.jpg (256KB, 1000x1502px) Image search: [Google]
1487200179772.jpg
256KB, 1000x1502px
cont.

all that was really just background info heres the shit that really activates my almonds

>fast forward to mid-April
>it's My Moms birthday and she and her Husband are going to Comicon for the weekend
>asked my sister and I to watch our little brother for the weekend
my sister has a boyfriend and a baby and they live on his parents property in a separate apartment
>be at Mom's actually enjoying time with sister but still feel off
>she says that my Dad asked her to talk to me because I was "acting really weird"
>talks about how lonely she is too etc.
even though shes with someone that she loves, has a fresh new family, and spend alot of time with her boyfriends family
>I know shes just bored of taking care of the baby while her dude works all day
>still keep listening to her and decide to spill my guts a little as well
>she pretty much says the same shit she just said but differently
>"Oh anon I don't have friends anymore either" blah blah blah
>>
>>37460848
I do legitimately hate when people say they have social anxiety but they have a bunch of friends and a significant other. I want to say to them "Bitch you don't even know what anxiety is".
>>
File: 1490033326875.png (107KB, 663x559px) Image search: [Google]
1490033326875.png
107KB, 663x559px
cont.

>realize that we're not the same and talking to her about this just makes me feel stupid
>conversation eventually ends, don't really remember how
>go home the day after that
>thinking about what my problem is
>it's so bad I haven't even fapped or got hard aside from morning wood
this greentext is really going nowhere now
>try to later that night to a doujin
>only get half hard and end up crying a little because the ending was really sweet
anyways
>somehow snap out of whatever the fuck I was in
>operate how I used to day-to-day
>except now I am even more self loathing than before
>>
>>37460908
I see women pull that shit constantly.
>>
File: 41.jpg (604KB, 1265x1800px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
604KB, 1265x1800px
>>37460961
Found it, it really is a heart melting ending.
>>
>>37460961
We understand you man. I watched NHk a few months ago and it got to me too. i wish there was a qt I could meet every night at a park.

I don't know if you want advice or if you are just coming to relate to people, but what helps is to have a goal and work towards it. I'm gonna ramble about existential whackery now so if you are not into that you can just stop reading here.

You see when people ask what is the meaning in life they really mean what is the purpose. Let me explain. When someone says that "oh in a few trillion years that universe is going to be cold and dead with nothing left to happen so everything that happens has no point. It's meaningless." they are saying that to have meaning something must have purpose.

So the meaning in life is to have purpose, but what purpose should you have? Obviously if your purpose is as lame as to work at McDonald's everyday until you die that isn't good enough. The purpose must justify the pains of your existence. If I have terrible pain everyday but my work helps millions stay alive my life will have sufficient meaning for me not to hang from a noose.

Maybe right now you are incapable of fulfilling a purpose that would justify your existence. That's where I'm at. I'm not good enough to be a doctor or raise a family so the thing to do is work towards being good enough to hold a sufficiently purposeful position. And that pursuit is enough for a long time.

Maybe you need to workout so you will have more energy and feel better. Calisthenics are good enough to keep you plenty healthy. Maybe your mind is constantly chattering and you can't keep at ease so you meditate. You don't want to fall into a trap of new age self help bullshit but you can take responsibility for your character and improve it with effort.

When you do the best you can you learn to do better. Eventually you can take on duties that give life meaning enough to face it everyday.
>>
>>37461375
Thanks for the words my dude, I think I understand what you mean. It honestly just feels therapeutic to type everything out.
>>
>>37461139
What's the name of the manga in the image anom pls
>>
>>37461500
For sure. I think we do stuff like that so we can understand our problems. you'll be fine. I don't want to come off pedantic but in my experience anxiety comes from feeling like you can't be what people expect of you. Often it's you who expects more of yourself. Uncle iroh said "Prince Zuko, pride is not the opposite of shame but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.". You can either accept your not perfect or work to fulfill your idealized version of yourself. Usually both are needed to be content with yourself.

Again I'm sorry if I seem patronizing. I just really sympathize with you. I hope you will feel better soon friend.
>>
File: 1495804485849.jpg (133KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495804485849.jpg
133KB, 1600x900px
>>37460721
> still cry a lot while watching because I'll never get to experience any of what I watched in real life

>I know escapism is probably unhealthy

I feel you.
I watch anime since the age of 15.
At the begining I just enjoyed it, but later I realized I watch them because of the escapism.

I'm 19 now and I work as a waiter in a restaurant.
Nowadays the only reason I watch anime, because It's feels nice to quit from this world for some time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.