[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
>My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
Why haven't you embraced Objectivism yet, lads?
>>
>>37456392
i was an objectivist for a while, but now I don't think that man is heroic by nature, and I think that for an activity to be considered the noblest, it must be an end in itself rather than a means. Productivity is not an end, it is a means to that which is produced, and the product is not an end either, it is a means to alleviating hardship.

Then is alleviating hardship in your life the end? I don't think so either, because people exist with no hardship and they are afflicted with ennui for it.

I think objectivism is halfway there, but I think it assumes the competency and moral awareness of men, and those qualities are rare among men.
>>
Nothing means anything. No one is meant to be here, co-BUUUURP-come watch tv
>>
ayn rand is just like a dumb stirner but more edgy
>>
>>37456392
>reason as his only absolute
falls apart right here
there has never been a reasonable man
nor ever will there be
>>
>>37456859
obviously, you think a WOMAN who actually come up with an original thought?

psshtt, get real. Am i right guys? i know my MGTOW fellas are in the crowd!
>>
>>37456882
Right.... Man is a fucking mess. We prove that nigger Rand wrong on a daily basis.
>>
>>37456392
>muh im a proud narcissist
>written by a stacy
>>
>>37456887
Did you have a point or are you just being a faggot for the sake of being a faggot?
>>
>>37456392
Fuck Ayn Rand.
>>
>>37456392
Because I'm not a pretentious dork and I probably already follow whatever verbose tenets it has without needing a rulebook to know I should have a job and be productive.
>>
>>37457901
>I can't articulate my values
>>
>>37456392
Dumb bitch made a philosophy out of her masturbation fantasies and people actually adopted it.
>>
>>37457916
>letting someone else think for you and being incapable or unwilling to live love on your own
>>
>>37457916
I don't see why I should have to.
>>
>>37457949
>arguing about an idea without reading the source material
>denigrating people who read the books in a thread about the contents of the books

i wouldn't care about your ignorance if you weren't so smug about it
>>
File: arflowchart2copy.png (417KB, 604x921px) Image search: [Google]
arflowchart2copy.png
417KB, 604x921px
>>37456392
>My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life.

So basically Neets are heroes because they've maximized their happiness by sitting in their basement and fapping.

I think I finally understand the libertarian fedora party.
>>
>>37458002
if you can't articulate your values, then how can you know that you're living by any values, and not just doing what's convenient in the moment?
>>
>>37458062
no one can possibly be happy being a neet. I've never been in a good state of mind when I'm being unproductive for long periods of time
>>
File: 1495919633483.png (473KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495919633483.png
473KB, 600x800px
>>37456392

too spooky for me

plsnobloxrobot
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.