[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you can accurately explain what this overly long sentence

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: wut.png (776KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
776KB, 1366x768px
If you can accurately explain what this overly long sentence means, then I'll consider you a genius.
>>
>>37452086
Lost me at althusserian, dude.
>>
>>37452086
A question that long is bad practice.
>>
File: tfwdumb.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
tfwdumb.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>tfw couldn't focus past the third line
>>
>>37452086
https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/10/complex-academic-writing/412255/
See also; obscurantism
This sentence doesn't determine if you're a genius, merely that you're knowledgeable. Probably something an economics grad would know. Maybe political philosophy?
Ask /lit/.
>>
>>37452086
>babies plan to make a better world
just stick to democracy babe
>>
>>37452086
I'm kinda dumb but I think it's taking about how recently social relations have become less about strict structure of people and more about the risk and reward of individual scenarios.

I also might be completely off
>>
>>37452086
Money = Power

That's what I got out of it anyway.
>>
>>37452086
Thats an untenable political hope. Too many people are assholish to make that work.
>>
File: 1494348707840.jpg (34KB, 439x624px) Image search: [Google]
1494348707840.jpg
34KB, 439x624px
Clearly, its talking about how SpongeBob and Patrick went to shell city and rode on David Hasselhoff
>>
>>37452086
If there's one thing I learned in Law school, it's that using big words does nothing but make you look like a massive retard.
>>
>>37453169
only smart post ITT
>>
>>37452086
It's a definition or description.
It defines a process of departing from a perspective of money being a social hierarchical driver, and the specifics of that hierarchy and thought, to one of opportunism, or utilitarianism, depending on intent and parties involved.

Seems as though it describes a communist shift.
>>
>>37452086
The move from a structuralist account in which capital is understood to structure social relations in, compared to other things, positionly similar, ways to a view of control in which power relations are subject to repetition, coming together, and rearticulation brought the question of time-relatedity into the thinking of structure, and marked a move/change from a form of Althusserian theory that takes structural totalities as theoretical objects to one in which the understanding of the unpredictable possibility of structure begin a renewed conception of control as bound up with the unpredictable places/locations and strategies of the rearticulation of power.
I tried.
Something about a change from structuralist view to althuserrian theory, in a really weird run-offs sentence kinda way instead of dividing it into sentences and clarifying it. Something about capital, and it's change from a theoretical object to uh... Something else. Something about power and money and something?
Best I could do with a thesaurus.
>>
File: 1474838763947.jpg (45KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474838763947.jpg
45KB, 657x527px
>>37453016
That's actually the opposite of what it's saying. It's basically saying "look, we can't take an oversimplified marxist approach in which capital alone automatically shapes social relationships; instead, we need to see power as a more complicated and dynamic process".
>>
>>37452086
it's a badly written sentence created by a non-genius
>>
>>37452086
>the move from a structurallist account in which capital is understood to structure social relations
structuralism is a method of interpreting Human behaviors in contrast to another system, so this is saying that the movement of the interpretation of human behavior as it results to capital (money) to a structure based on social relations in similar (homo meaning same) ways to a view of leadership (hegemony) in which power relations are repeated, converged, and rearticulated that brings the question of temporality (meaning that it doesn't stay forever) into the thinking of structure, and marked as a shift from a form of (almost like marxist) theory that takes structural totalities as theoretical objects to one in which insights into contingent possibiloty of structure inaugurate a renewed conception of hegemony, meaning that the marxist theory that takes totalities as theoretical things, to a shift in which insights into an alternate possibility of structure that is beginning as renewed view of dominance and leadership as bound up with the contingent sites and strategies of the rearticulation of power, meaning that the alternate strategies of articulation of power.

That's what I got, anyway.
>>
>>37453344
>tfw you literally have to speak in code or marxists will flay you alive
>>
>>37454034
Marxists use over complicated wording to try and make themselves sound smarter, when in reality they don't understand that their ideology is inherently impossible in it's practice. They think by using wording and phrasing that the average man can't understand they'll be able to tell the average joe whatever they want to hear to get them on board with marxist ideals.
>>
>>37452086
You an International relation major or just some other polysic OP?
>>
>>37452086
looks like pseudo-intellectual commie shit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.