[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to speak in general.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1928.jpg (1MB, 4200x3252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1928.jpg
1MB, 4200x3252px
Hello. I have a hard time talking with other people. Many times I can't make myself understood. I am good at listening to others and to ask questions. But when I try to tell them something in return I often make them confused. Is there a way of learning how to speak like others? I want to tell stories that make people impressed. Also, if you have similar troubles please post in my thread. Thank you.
>>
The picture is of a pug before human breeding made it small by the way.
>>
This didn't go very well. Can others not reply to my thread? Did I do something wrong?
>>
>>37446613
What do you want to hear? You cant train being social.
>>
>>37446351
Nobody really knows what your problem is so we can't help you. The only way to really do this is talk to someone patient, maybe give them an explanation on how a thing works, and ask them where you went wrong I guess.
>>
>>37446351

So what i'm gathering here is that you have issues when it comes to speaking in a way which can be understood by others, right?

Just try to imagine what you're talking about sounding to the ears of someone who has no clue about the subject/topic. There's things they don't know, therefore they get confused.

In a conversation, there may be things which are obvious to you, but not to them, so try to see what that may be the next time you try to get a point across.
>>
here you go champ
http://succeedsocially.com
>>37446644
don't listen to this guy
>>
>>37446649
>Is there a way of learning how to speak like others? I want to tell stories that make people impressed.
Thats his problem retard. Theres no solution to it.
>>
>>37446709
Fuck you. Stop shilling your scamsite.
>>
See things from their perspective, and by that i don't mean visually.
>>
>>37446691
My problem might be that I'm talking about too many details. I want others to know about everything. But when they look away or say they need to go I know I said something the wrong way. It is hard because I don't know what I'm doing wrong besides maybe too many details.
>>
>>37446710
So what do you want me to do, stop posting? Call him a retard? How pointless.
OP, can you give us a specific example of the problem? Do you talk too much, or too little?
>>
>>37446741
Dont tell me youre approaching people and forcing a conversation on them. Thats so creepy.
>>
>>37446746
Kys yourself might be a good idea
>>
>>37446741
That does sound like detail-oriented speech, frequent among introverts. You have to train yourself to say the most general parts of the idea, like this:
>Wonder Woman is about Diana, who is the princess of the Amazons, and she fucks shit up
instead of talking about her origins, why she has the lasso, why she has a sword in the movie but not in the old comics, etc. Focus on the main part, and expand when they ask.
>>
http://www.wikihow.com/Have-a-Great-Conversation
>>
>>37446773
Ok. So if I speak about my dog I should say that it is brown and it's name is Aren and leave it to that? I know much more and usually try to tell people all I know about my dog and other things I like.
>>
>>37446741
Normies DO NOT communicate to exchange meaningful information. They do so to indulge in what they are already comfortable with.

Gossip is highly comfortable because it is strictly evil.

Blase small talk about self oriented hierarchical materialism is comfortable because it changes nothing (idle) and is evil.

If you are meditating (measuring) what it is exactly that you are saying, Normies will not be able to hear the noise from your lower brain voicebox.

Monotonous, childlike, lower brain vocalizations must be able to be mirrored by the Normie to be heard.

If what you are saying is contradictory to the lizard brain, you cannot be heard. The verbal communication is only a cloak for a non-verbal communication hash check that you are a mindless drone, too.
>>
Do opiates. For some reason they make people very charismatic.
>>
>>37446872
Well, most people don't care much about your dog. Maybe say its race and include a short story about it, and that's it. If they want to know more about it, they'll let you know.
The post below you explains it fairly well. Robots have fundamentally different objectives in speech, which is why they often have trouble talking to women.
>>
>>37446351
Storytelling narratives is something you learn from your father, or not.
>>
>>37446911
I don't understand his post. What do I talk about then? With my mother it is easy. But with others I don't know I can only talk about what I have watched on TV or such.
>>
>>37446988
Yeah I'm better at pointing out mistakes than giving guidelines.
Whatever normies are talking about. You have to add only a bit of info, or a funny story. Describing details is not normal conversation.
>aw anon look at that dog, ain't he cute?
>yeah it is, look at his eyes (or whatever you genuinely like about the dog)
No more details. That is a good response. Meanwhile, this may be more satisfying but it's not normie-friendly:
>It sure is. Dogs of that race are very cute and friendly, though they can be aggressive to kids. According to a study, they actually require lots of attention to be manageable or they can become too independent and even leave you.
You have to think about emotions: too long talking, and you drive her to boredom. Talking about studies is boring. Aggression is not a "nice" topic, and even suggesting that this cute dog (that is giving her good feelings) could potentially harm a kid (an idea that gives her bad feelings) is not a good idea.
Instead, you feed that person harmless ideas that match what the person seems to feel about the topic. Not interesting information, but "happy" or whatever.
>>
>>37446988
It is always about what you are, not who you are.

Normies do not care what you know about yourself. They care about reconciling what you are with what they already know about themselves.
>>
>>37447070
I will try not to say more than that. Thanks for the advise. I wish I had someone like you to talk to.
>>
>>37446988
>>37447086
IOW, you can talk about anything. The most rewarding normie talk is when you quickly reach pieces of specific self knowledge which otherwise they would not share... Having the 'it's a small world after-all' realization.

Again this is about what you are, not who you know yourself to be.

Your mother can frame everything you dribble out yo mouth with what she expertly knows you to be. Try communicating how you know yourself, and then testing her about whether she actually heard you: she will not have. She will have jumped to her short unthinking conclusion before you ever tried to deliver some novel idea.
>>
>>37446731
>site loaded with free articles is a scamsite because he wants to sell the book he wrote based on still publically available free content

it must be great to have a rich family and never need to make money, Elliot
>>
>>37447195
Can I say that I don't know how to talk with people but that I have heard that this self knowledge might be of interest to others?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.