[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's assume for a second that Heaven exists, Do you think

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1447279405469.jpg (473KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1447279405469.jpg
473KB, 1600x1131px
Let's assume for a second that Heaven exists,

Do you think you will go there after death?
>>
At this point I'm of the opinion that pretty much everyone goes to heaven. No sin seems to be too big for whatever created us to forgive.
Of course that's mostly just blind faith on my part.
>>
>>37444226
If hell exists, we're in it.

But no, I'll go to hell again after this existance.
>>
>>37444247
That's fair enough. I just find it much more comfortable to believe in a universe that deep down loves us all.
>>
>>37444214
What are the prerequisites for entrance to heaven?
>>
>>37444295
Whatever you believe them to be,
but for the sake of argument let's say "a pure soul", whatever that may mean to you
>>
I propably wouldn't since I don't believe in god and already I come in conflict with three of the commandments because of this.
>>
>>37444328
There is a difference if I was the once choosing the criteria for heaven and were it someone else, the question almost assumes I have any sort of criteria, which don't, everyone regardless would get in to my heaven, its the afterlife and its eternal after all.
>>
I don't think you can get into heaven if you kill yourself.
>>
>>37444214
The only way to salvation is through Jesus alone.

But on that note, yeah I know Ill go to heaven.
>>
>>37444214
no. I'm not a horrible person. but im still a piece of shit
>>
>>37444214
Sounds pretty fucking tough to be honest. Can't see myself getting in after all the depraved shit I've jacked off to.
>>
>>37444214
I don't believe that evil people deserve Hell. You know, evil people are just people who already suffered. Good people are smug lucky people, who vaguely sense that they should never try to understand evil people or else they might get scared by the truth of human transformation.

If hell exists, then God is evil too. So maybe God suffered a lot to make him like that. Maybe suffering is more fundamental than God.
>>
>>37444214
https://youtu.be/jN_F0Gqe0_o
>>
>>37445436
Hell exists to keep the wicked out of Heaven. Those who commit sodomy and are non believers are sent to purgatory where they will be cleansed by a great fire before approaching heaven
>>
Even killing a person seems not enough reason to deny someone heaven, or worse, send them to hell, you know for all eternity.

If the afterlife exists, its not like the killer deprived his victim of anything for an eternal period, just seems excessive.
>>
File: IMG_4343.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4343.png
44KB, 657x527px
No because God created hard-determinism and hard-determinism hates me.
>>
>>37444214
Why not? It's not like I'll make it worse or better living in my little corner doing my NEET thing with heavenbux.

>>37445436
Patrician
>>37445519
Plebeian
>>
even if I go straight to hell I would be very happy. Its much better than knowing your existance is completely irrelevant and that one day you just cease to be
>>
>>37444214
I don't know. I doubt it exists, but my take on it if it does, is that if whatever forced me to exist doesn't want to let me into the afterlife playground because I wasn't willing to take pills and be "normal", then I don't rightly care.
>>
>>37445551
Justice doesnt assume afterlife
>>
>>37444214
Yes. I've said and done some really shitty things, but the world is a better place because I'm alive.

>>37445436
>You know, evil people are just people who already suffered. Good people are smug lucky people, who vaguely sense that they should never try to understand evil people or else they might get scared by the truth of human transformation.
That's an adolsecently simplistic way of looking at things coated in the pretense of enlightenment and perspective.

Plenty of people become wicked by being lucky and experiencing very little suffering. Often, it makes them spoiled and lacking in empathy. True, every person suffers, and it's not like there's a Trauma Olympics that determines whose suffering invalidates whose, but there are worse kinds of suffering, and lots of people who are genuinely evil have experienced very little of the kinds of sufering that are worse. Often, they're very fortunate in regards to circumstance as well.

Moreover, suffering doesn't necessarily lead to a person becoming evil. Some of the most radiant and loving people out there are the ones who have suffered and been wronged the most tremendously. When a person exposed to grief and sorrow and toxicity and tension internalizes that and becomes wicked, that's 110% on them, with a 10% margin for error. Suffering absolves them of none of the responsibility for their actions whatsoever, and in fact only further condemns the actions when they lead to the same kind of suffering in others. It wouldn't matter if somebody had experienced the worst suddering and committed the most insignificant act of evil as a result; the action is still completely inexcusable and wrong. Further, the kind of masturbatory self-pitying that leads people to excuse themselves because they've suffered is wrong in and of itself.

As regards hell, I wouldn't be able to condemn anybody forever, so if God is at least as forgiving as I am, then you're right, at least about that.
>>
The scriptures that I read promise a resurrection of all the dead. That means everyone including Hitler.

However a judgment of all acts will take place, in which the acts of his elect shine through.
>>
>>37446021
You know what "responsible" means? It just means "people will blame you". It's just a statement of fact.

So yeah, if you get raped as a child, and then later you rape a child, people will blame you. It's just another step on the downward escalator of suffering.

You're right that the best thing to do is to not allow yourself to become any worse, and just grin and bear it, making no excuses for the rest of your life. But it's actually just luck whether you even figure that out. Most if society will never even tell you anything like that, because it makes them uncomfortable.

Fuck good people who never had to earn it.
>>
File: 16467461674.jpg (7KB, 272x229px) Image search: [Google]
16467461674.jpg
7KB, 272x229px
>>37444214
>Heaven is for chads and staceys
>Hell is for serial killers and literal hitler
>Robots just cease to exist when they die
we cant win
>>
>>37446124
I'm actually (originally) fine with this.
>>
>>37446088
>You know what "responsible" means? It just means "people will blame you". It's just a statement of fact.
People get blamed for things they aren't responsible for all the time. Responsibility is about agency. It means that you're the cause of something. That does translates to "being able to be blamed for something," but the blame isn't the important part. It's the causation.

>So yeah, if you get raped as a child, and then later you rape a child, people will blame you. It's just another step on the downward escalator of suffering.
And they ought to blame you in that case. You suffered horribly, yes, but you CHOSE-one hunded percent, YOU-not your rapist from your childhood-YOU CHOSE-not "were made to do," and not "were influenced to do" by your rapist, CHOSE-to inflict the same evil upon somebody who is as innocent and vulnerable as you were back then, and you did so knowing EXACTLY what kind of pain it would cause. Moreover, you're a fucking coward for not breaking that cycle.

Unless you want to entertain determinism, there's no escape from choice.

>You're right that the best thing to do is to not allow yourself to become any worse, and just grin and bear it, making no excuses for the rest of your life. But it's actually just luck whether you even figure that out.
Virtually everybody in the first world is fortunate enough to have more than what they need to become a good person.

And the best thing to do isn't just to grin and bear it. It's to spite it. It's to take whatever venom and evil the world gave you, turn it into its exact opposite, and multiply it a thousand times before dying.

>Fuck good people who never had to earn it.
Why? They're still good people. It's not like they ought to suffer, anyway. And besides, being good isn't a reward to earn, it's a duty that everybody has by merit of drawing breath. Not because of societal blame, and even if nobody is around to witness it.
>>
>>37446226
Yeah we pretty much agree, it's just that I'm in a bad mood today. Seems like we are both dedicated to letting our suffering die with us. Glad there's someone else fighting the invisible fight, I don't feel so misunderstood now.
>>
not even the bible proclaims a heaven, just a heavenly kingdom on earth which is just another stage of the refinement process of saints to my understanding, the 1000 years is up and satan tests mankind again and then the best of the best escape from being burned to death in Gehenna

you have to use different translation of the bible and cross reference them to get a full picture unless you can read hebrew, greek and the original texts since the bible is simply a collection of books
>>
>>37446294
>Yeah we pretty much agree, it's just that I'm in a bad mood today
Sorry to read it.

I often get bitter, too, when I'm in certain moods. Lately I've been trying not to say or think badly of anybody, but it becomes very easy for me indulge myself in hate when I'm not watching for it. Often, that escalates into feelings of rage and fantasies that are downright sadistic in their violence. I hate that part of myself, and it scares me, but I've hurt people out of it and me changing for the better doesn't undo it.

>Seems like we are both dedicated to letting our suffering die with us.
That's a noblehearted goal, and I genuinely hope you're able to find some happiness along the way in spite of everything.

>Glad there's someone else fighting the invisible fight, I don't feel so misunderstood now.
Of course. The whole world would have crumbled long ago otherwise.

The kind of pity you had for a God who might be suffering in your first post was goodhearted if a bit edgy-sounding.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.