[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Happy pills?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (413KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
413KB, 849x565px
Is there something I could convince my psychiatrist to prescribe me that'd give me a boost temporarily? I really don't like SSRIs or anything like that, anything long term really.. Don't say weed because I'd love to but I have to take drug tests soon for my employment. I was thinking about benzos but she rarely prescribes those because "abuse", but would they possibly make me happier? I'm just going through a rough few weeks.

Give me your experiences with any meds, robots.
>>
>>37437343
>rough few weeks
go to the gym and do cardio. listen to podcasts while you're there. take 10 minutes in the sauna when you've cooled down a bit.

pills don't do anything for anybody. look up "the placebo effect." antidepressants statistically work worse than exercise or picking up a new hobby. mood is not all chemical, and whatever you are predisposed to, you get used to. anything you see as a problem or "rough" is caused by your lifestyle.
>>
>>37437343

my dude, it isn't temporary. if SSRI's do not work, then find a NEW psyc and ignorantly convince them you have ADD and have already tried wellbutrin. They will give you vyvanse/adderall and you are simply looking for dopamine (pleasure/reward) agonists. Your answer is amphetamines.
>>
>>37437343
Most doctors are pretty hesitant to prescribe benzos for depression and anxiety anymore. And if you ever specifically ask for benzos, you can sure as hell bet your ass on not getting any.
>>
>>37437405
I actually did start vyvanse a few weeks ago, but I want to be the dumb type of happy you feel when you're high. Can't do illegal drugs though.
>>37437397
Also been trying to lift more. But it's not enough because I have to suffer through the day with no distractions or happiness. Getting too "stuck" in this rut to even talk to anyone lately though I'm slowly trying to get out of it.
>>
>>37437343
Why are you seeing a psychiatrist? What were you diagnosed with?

My parents are making me go to one.
>>
>>37437397
So what does it mean when you go to the gym 6 times a week alternating lifting and cardio for months but still feel cripplingly depressed?

I'm wondering if meds are the only thing that can help me now?
>>
>>37437343
>I really don't like SSRIs or anything like that

Why? Did you try them out? How'd it go?

Why does anyone take that shit if it doesn't work? Does it work?
>>
>>37437749
It didn't work for me, but my psych has been telling me about her patients using abilify or zoloft and coming back saying "that little pill is a miracle!" and bs like that.
I've tried 4 or 5 different ones.
>>37437703
Doesn't hurt to try, can always come off them.
>>37437662
Why are they making you go? For me it's depression, anxiety and trannyism
>>
File: me.gif (1MB, 388x369px) Image search: [Google]
me.gif
1MB, 388x369px
>>37437343
Adderall seems like a good choice for a general mood booster, but it might be hard convincing your doc to give you a script

Alternatively, you could just buy pressed amphetamine pills off of alphabay for cheap. They're essentially the same as adderall
>>
>>37437825
>Why are they making you go? For me it's depression, anxiety and trannyism

Depression, anxiety, and mild alcohol abuse disorder (haven't reached full blown alcoholism yet), and being a hothead (which I dont agree with). I was diagnosed, but haven't gone to the psychiatrist yet.
>>
>>37437397
>pills don't do anything for anybody. look up "the placebo effect." antidepressants statistically work worse than exercise or picking up a new hobby. mood is not all chemical, and whatever you are predisposed to, you get used to. anything you see as a problem or "rough" is caused by your lifestyle.

That's really, really not true. SSRIs work and mood is to some extent determined by genetics.

Neuroplasticity has an effect on mood, but that doesn't help you when you have severe depression or panic disorder or whatever. You can't get used to that either. Plenty of people go years or decades being miserable before they're diagnosed. Then they're put on an SSRI and things dramatically improve.
>>
>>37438111
>then they're put on an SSRI and things dramatically improve.

Like how? Do you know anyone who got better?
>>
>>37437405
>wellbutrin
Can confirm that this can have an effect even for people for whom SSRIs do nothing.

Tried several different SSRIs at various dosages, all with zero effect. May as well have been taking sugar pills. Wellbutrin at least did SOMETHING. It wasn't really a positive thing for me, as it made me sort of short tempered and assertive, to the point where I snapped at my boss once. But at least it did something.

Gave up on anti-depressants after that, as my doctor kept wanting to put me on SSRIs (which I already knew don't work on me) that also had horrible side effects like weight gain and impotence. No thanks.

I think the difference is that Wellbutrin (Bupropion) is a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Norepinephrine is part of the fight-or-flight response, and dopamine is basically pleasure. So it's pretty clear how that might change one's mood. Might be what the OP is looking for.
>>
>>37437343
Buy some 5-HTP. It's an over-the-counter herbal supplement that by all rights should be illegal, because it is the equivalent of ingesting straight serotonin.
>>
>>37437343
If you don't mind feeling constantly tired, mirtazapine feels completely different to SSRIs and it works well for some people. I couldn't tolerate the side effects, but I did enjoy a few weeks of greatly enhanced fapping (I still have a minor scar on my dick from the friction burns) and CEVs like I was tripping.
>>
File: 1484335227714.jpg (36KB, 325x222px) Image search: [Google]
1484335227714.jpg
36KB, 325x222px
>>37437397
>whatever you are predisposed to, you get used to
fuck
>>
>>37437825
>my psych has been telling me about her patients using abilify or zoloft and coming back saying "that little pill is a miracle!" and bs like that.

Yeah. My mother has told me friends have said stuff like that too. Usually it's some middle aged woman that feels a lil moody and they feel a little better after taking a prozac or whatever.

I've never heard of a total disaster like myself it turning around after popping some pills.
>>
File: mishima anon.png (103KB, 1030x335px) Image search: [Google]
mishima anon.png
103KB, 1030x335px
>>37437343
Just tell them to give you something for social anxiety, faggot
>>
>>37439363
>tell them to give you something for social anxiety
You'll get beta blockers. They're not entirely useless, but they won't cure anxiety.
>>
>>37439363
If only there was a mirtazapine analogue without the ultra-potent antihistamine effects.
>>
File: 1489257402500.png (573KB, 840x1292px) Image search: [Google]
1489257402500.png
573KB, 840x1292px
>>37439401
Tell them no beta blockers or SSRI's then. Those are two of the worst ones.

>>37439434
Just take it at a set time before bed, anon. It will only fug you over if you try to stay up
>>
Got perscribed Lexapro yesterday
still haven't taken them because of fucking posts like this
>>37439363

is this true or exaggerated
>>
>>37437343
Benzos are fucked up and not worth it
>>
>>37439492
It's true but he got lucky with the mirtazapine side effects.
>>
File: codreanu.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
codreanu.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>37439492
I can attest that it works really well, but only on certain people. Side effects can fug you over if it isn't for you.
>Being a skelly is a must (otherwise the appetite boost will make you into a real fat fuck)
>Instead of numbing all your emotions like SSRIs, it enhances them, except it shifts them in a way that you're a lot more joyful but also a lot angrier and assertive
>Anxiety is not completely gone, but holy fuck its so much better and manageable
>It makes you tired as shit, so only take it before bed and at a set time or you will fuck up the consistency and it won't build up in your system
>Doesn't sterilize you like SSRIs, if anything it enhances your libido at least a little bit
>It won't miraculously cure your autism, but this is the closest I've personally come to it
>>
>>37438703
That can potentially cause heart valve disease over time. SSRIs boost serotonin in the brain rather than all over the body. You don't want serotonin everywhere.
>>
bupropion is basically extended-relief meth so get on a high dosage of that
>>
>>37438736
>feeling constantly tired
>mirtazapine

Shit, is that what it was? I so easily forget what I was like before taking any kind of medication. I just assumed I was always this tired.
>>
>>37439492
My cousin went on Lexapro and she said it worked very well. She's a little more lethargic and gained some weight, but not very much. No more anxiety problems.
>>
>>37439664
>it works really well, but only on certain people
>tfw wasn't one of the chosen ones

I'm much less of a skelly (+25 lbs), but I'm always tired as hell and the emotions feel about as dead as before (likely on account of being so tired).

Personally, I'm hedging my bets on ketamine as the next breakthrough drug.
>>
File: ted_ka15.jpg (30KB, 547x337px) Image search: [Google]
ted_ka15.jpg
30KB, 547x337px
>>37439622
How large was the dosage, anon? I take 15 mg and it worked perfectly first try
>>
>>37439900
15mg was bad, 30mg was worse (they say sometimes the tiredness is reduced at higher dose but it didn't work for me).
>>
So if you're already tired, lethargic, apathetic, and unambitious, is there any drug that changes that? Seems like most commonly-prescribed drugs intensify those tendencies.
>>
>>37440027
prozac is stimulating, unlike most other SSRIs

also adderall, ritalin, modafinil, etc.
>>
File: young hitler.jpg (8KB, 205x304px) Image search: [Google]
young hitler.jpg
8KB, 205x304px
>>37439918
Damn, I must just be lucky then. Have you tried 5-HTP? I've had some smart anons recommend that to me and I would have taken it if I didn't already have something good.

>>37440027
>So if you're already tired, lethargic, apathetic, and unambitious, is there any drug that changes that?
Mirtazapine helped with all of those things, but I'm not sure whether it's because of it directly or it simply cured my depression so I can feel something else than just completely dead inside
>>
>>37440047
Mr. Druggie,

I'm lethargic and depressed most of the time, throw in a some pretty serious anxiety, and I do blow up from time to time( mostly arguments with alcoholic mom or chewing out some faggot at work AFTER I had been laid off).

What head meds should I look into?
>>
File: 1495125129975.jpg (785KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1495125129975.jpg
785KB, 2448x3264px
>>37437998
this this this
Go with uppers, OP

They'll definitely give you a boost and you'll have the energy and motivation to get shit done like never before
>>
>>37440047
I was on prozac (20, then 40 and 60 mg) and it did nothing. Was never able to get proper stimulants though, guess it'd be something to try. my concern would be them provoking (more) anxiety though.

>>37440128
I worry about that because I think being tired, lethargic, and dead inside is pretty much the natural state that my mind returns to in the absence of chemical alteration. That's how I've felt as far back as I can remember.
>>
>>37440218
I dunno, really I've only looked into this stuff in an effort to solve my own problems (OCD, anxiety, sleep disorder, occasional depressive episodes, total breakdown under stress)
>>
>>37438111
>can't get used to that
wrong.

>determined by genetics
hardly. name the genes if you can. (you can't).

SSRI's work for largely the same reasons that going for a hike works. The problem is that the root cause of your "MUH DEPRESSION XDDD" is still there if you're on pills, so good luck taking away the miserable part without murdering any chance of being happy. You'll just become less sensitive to shit and you'll still call whatever you have left depression because it will be nothing like your little carefree days as a kid.

>>37437703
just bee yourself.

you can try meds and mushrooms and microdosing pcp, but at the end of the day you'll have to face the actual things in your life that you are uncomfortable with. i just know that if you're going to even consider depression as a real, medical condition then you have to consider the science behind it, which says shit like exercise is far better than a stupid antidepressant in most cases. combining them also works, but it's up in the air whether or not the costs and "diagnoses" causing an assortment of paranoia to be worth it. how often do people like you take hard stops in your life to moan and groan to yourself or others about your mood? one of the most effective strategies for getting over trauma is known to be essentially distracting yourself with the support of positive people.

the marketing for antidepressants combined with teen angst bullshit all over the internet makes for the complete opposite; people who would normally never think twice about the ups and downs in life suddenly think they have mental disorders. read this again: you can't have good without the bad.
>>
>>37440262
I think anxiety has a lot of different forms. I tend to be anxious and worry a lot about nonsensical shit. But all the times I've tried stimulants I'd just chill and focus on stuff to the extent that I'd forget to eat. I won't say I liked the effect necessarily, but it didn't trigger panic or anything.
>>
>>37440325
>The problem is that the root cause of your "MUH DEPRESSION XDDD" is still there if you're on pills, so good luck taking away the miserable part without murdering any chance of being happy. You'll just become less sensitive to shit and you'll still call whatever you have left depression because it will be nothing like your little carefree days as a kid.

I've been depressed for most of my life. It never changes, regardless of circumstance. There is no root cause beyond neurology. Exercise helps to a degree but it doesn't fix it.
>>
>>37440325
I'm in my 30's man.
>>
>>37437343
DXM
Take like eight gel capsules at a time
>>
>>37440411
>Exercise helps to a degree but it doesn't fix it.
a few years back I tried that. I started working out three times a week. Six months later, I was still depressed. I still hated life and hated exercising. It didn't wake up anything in me that found joy in any activity. I didn't feel more energetic or motivated.

I couldn't help but conclude that exercise was just like SSRIs - something that helps if you're a normie that's just in a rut and feeling a bit blue, but does nothing if you seriously don't have anything you find desirable, pleasurable, etc.
>>
>>37440603
I liked running a lot. It doesn't fix a depressive episode, didn't fix my sleep patterns, etc. but I felt better for the rest of the day, and gradually, very gradually, things improved. Things like exercise and meditation seem to partly work through promoting neurogenesis. But it's gradual. It's not an immediate fix.

I never got that from walking or anything else. I usually found walking just made me more neurotic.

Anyway I'm taking a break from running due to leg problems and I feel a little worse now.

You could try a TCA or something else. There's harder stuff for treatment resistant depression. Electroconvulsive therapy is also highly effective.

But they're not going to give you hobbies or a healthy lifestyle or anything.
>>
>>37439434
>mirtazapine
has that helped your anxiety/social anxiety? it didn't for me
>>
>>37440603
I even thought that kicking it up a notch and training for and doing half/full marathons would help. I still felt like depressed shit even after doing all that.

I still go to the gym 6x a week, but it's mainly out of boredom not because it makes me feel happier and such. I tried.
>>
>>37440829
I think it's only aerobic exercise that has a significant neurological benefit. It doesn't even take that much. Running like 2 miles a day should be enough.
>>
>>37437343
bumpinfsdfsd
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.