[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does every black person I meet listen only to mumble rap?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Why does every black person I meet listen only to mumble rap? And its not mumble rap in general, many listen almost exclusively to Lil Uzi Vert, and some others also listen to chance the Rapper. Does this have to do with the area I live in(CA)?

I know more white people who listen to or know about old school Rap or at least listen to today's more competent rappers(Hopsin, techn9ne, etc.)
>>
>>37433657
>today's more competent rappers
>hopsin
>>
>>37433797
I hate rap but I'd consider Hopsin one of the more technically competent rappers around even if he is a whiney bitch.
>>
>>37433657

>today's more competent rappers (Hopsin techn9ne)

Bait status: not taken
>>
>>37433657
They listen to what's popular anon. I like old school and new school. Older black people listen to 90's etc, younger generations go with what's trending.
Time's change and the masse's needs do aswell.
>>
>>37433657
>not liking lil uzi savage and future

Fuckimg white boys. Why do white peiple like metal?
>>
>>37433657
>we're
Durr
>>
Black people listen to mumble rap cuz they've already listened to the old stuff, plus mumble rap is part of the culture now, so when people freestyle, they might imitate it, or if their friend makes a mixtape, it might be like that. You just can't escape it, so they accept it. And you can't escape it cuz they exhausted listening to other rap styles.
>>
>>37433797
>>37433914
I'm not saying they're good, but they're more tolerable than mumble rap. Kodak Black especially should be thrown into a plantation
>>
>>37434188
AFAIK mumble rap was listened only in the south while the rest of the US listened to rap with actual lyrics until, soulja boy and lil wayne popularized bad rap in the late 00s. This begs the question of why retarded or nonexistant lean induced lyrics even became popular.
>>
>>37434101
>That moment when there are many niggers today who don't know Rakim or Nas is
>>
Pop rap is a meme genre. Kids will listening to whoever has the the hottest track at the moment. How the fuck did idiots like Lil Yachty get so popular?
>>
>>37434363
>until, soulja boy and lil wayne popularized bad rap in the late 00s.

Also please note that Soulja Boy came out with that Superman in 2007, and thats around the time Lil Wayne became huge too.

2007 was when culture got REALLY shitty for some reason.
>>
>>37434438
Jewish management. I am not even an anti semite type of guy but the meme is true in this case. Him and Young Thug. I bet all the others too, don't care enough to look into it. I don't listen to this trash. I like Westside Gunn and Conway, Roc Marciano, Freddie Gibbs, Action Bronson, etc
>>
>>37434490

[Insert Childish Gambino rap album title here]

(Because the internet)
>>
File: IMG-20160602-WA0008.jpg (145KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160602-WA0008.jpg
145KB, 900x1600px
Reppin that Philly shit
>>
File: Cage.png (276KB, 437x648px) Image search: [Google]
Cage.png
276KB, 437x648px
I'm just counting down the days before every rapper is trying to be death grips. Mumble rap will become the new A Tribe Called Quest in comparison to that horror
>>
File: IMG-20140424-WA0012.jpg (39KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20140424-WA0012.jpg
39KB, 453x604px
>>37434767
my feelios when
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.