[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if I liked DB, Z, GT, and Abridged, should I watch Super?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: G.jpg (6KB, 195x129px) Image search: [Google]
G.jpg
6KB, 195x129px
if I liked DB, Z, GT, and Abridged, should I watch Super?
>>
>>37425862
>GT
okay...
>Abridged
What the fuck anon that's not even official fuck that youtube fanfic
Just watch super is better than that fanfiction shit
>>
Meh. The power creep is insanely annoying, and it seems like krillin gets smaller every episode. If that doesn't annoy you, then watch it. Besides what I mentioned it's pretty good
>>
Some say watch the blu-ray release since the animation in the TV release is pretty bad.
>>
>>37425889
>calling parody content fanfic

Hiiiiiii :) ummmm, where is your caretaker? I'll help you find her! Let's look! :) :) :)
>>
>>37425862
super is fucking garbage
>>
I've only seen BotG and Super "Resurrection: F" and a handful of the early episodes leading up to BotG and what I watched so far was okay.
Not nearly on the level of DB or Z though.
I unironically like GT.
>>
>>37425972
>saying parody to avoid getting sued
>saying parody to not say plagiarism
>>
>>37425862

Super is better than GT for sure. I'm not a canon-purist either, GT was pretty cool, Super is just better in a lot of ways.

Super has way more character development than any of the other series, which is awesome. The fights are still sick too. But the power scaling is bonkers. It's annoying how much it fluctuates but honestly you just have to ignore it
>>
>>37426013
>still not understanding ACTUAL PARODY
>doesn't know what parody is
>implying you can get sued for such things
>through YouTube
I mean fuck is it even monetized? Either way doesn't really matter
>>
>>37426037
Also

>still not understanding what parody is
>>
>>37425862
its just fucking DBZ, if you care about the story at all then don't watch it. i only watch it because its fucking DBZ and i like the characters. thats it.
>>
if i liked the last airbender will i like the legend of korra?
>>
>>37426062
No but Ull love the Avatar movie for sure!
>>
>>37426015
>But the power scaling is bonkers
>honestly you just have to ignore it
dbsuperfags on suicide watch
it's the new look of the animation that gets to me the most
>>
>>37425993
Yeah I like GT too. "it never happened" arguments don't work on me, none of dragon ball actually happened. I can keep it separate from the "canon". worst part was Giru though
I saw BotG and Resurrection F. F was worse. If you're going to make a world where power levels matter, then your internal consistency means that Roshi is just a god damn weakling comparatively. I LIKE that he gets to be useful and fight, but not when he's against soldiers that were previously stronger than raditz, who were stronger than piccolo, who he had to try to mafuba because he couldn't really beat him.
>>
File: 1333858394143.jpg (437KB, 735x508px) Image search: [Google]
1333858394143.jpg
437KB, 735x508px
>>37426147
Forgot my pic related
>>
No you will be incredibly disappointed
>>
>>37426015
?? Super destroys Vegeta's character development. After Buu he acknowledged that Goku would always be stronger than him. In GT this is reflected in how he is much more of a family man than he's ever been, and yeah he still has his pride, but he's realized he will always be second fiddle.
In Super it's like he's completely forgotten about that. He's all back to
>"NO KAKAKARROTKAKE I WILL BE THE STRONK"

And the worst part is when he's finally offered true power, the option to be the next fucking GOD OF DESTRUCTION, he gets all pissy and looks scared out of his mind.

Like wat? Toriyama is a senile old fuck who doesn't remember his own characters.
>>
>>37426273
>Like wat? Toriyama is a senile old fuck who doesn't remember his own characters.
I am glad that both Toriyama and myself lived long enough to read comments like this on the internet

it's a show for kids btw
>>
>>37425936
The DBS Krillin is weaker than Dragon Ball Krillin.
Ok thanks Super.
>>
>>37426304
That doesn't excuse shit writing
>>
Super is the worst piece of Dragon Ball media
>>
American animation studios need to buy the rights to these shows honestly, then outsource it back to Asia. Cause the corporate side of Japanese animation is fucking retarded.
Then we can finally get good looking shows again. We can finally get another good Berserk series.

Srsly pls somebody give Dragon Ball & Berserk to Madhouse or UFOtable
>>
>>37426452
Outsource them to Madhouse or UFOtable. I'm not saying those are American studios. I'm retarded but not that retarded
>>
>>37426147
>>37426273
>just turn your brain off its a fucking cartoon
>>
>>37426013
Plagiarism is trying to pass off someone else's ideas or work as your own. They literally have the title of the source material in their own title and at the start of every episode it tells you that they are taking from another work.
>>
>>37426147
Characters got stronger at ridicilous paces in the past too.
Who's to say that he didn't improve over the years to be able to match up with some freeza fodder.
It wouldn't make his non-involment in DBZ a inconsistency because they fought people like Cell the Androids and Buu who are more powerful than any human.

Super has many issues but I think people get riled up over the must minor of things. Powerscaling is a bit wonky but nearly not as bad as people make it up to be.
>>
I quite like Super, but it's probably out of nostalgia. I grew up with DB and DBZ. The Super manga is better than the anime though, much like DBZ was, some scenes and dialogues are very different and they make more sense.

I'm really enjoying that they're bringing back Gohan into the fight, he was my favorite character in DBZ and it was ridiculous how much of a cuck he was in GT. I mean seriously he has always been considered the one with the greatest potential yet he just kept changing diapers and reading books because he wouldn't stand up to his mom. At the end of the Cell saga he was clearly the strongest warrior, and he was just a kid.

I wish they'd give Trunks and Goten some action as well, they look so fucking weak in Super when Gotenks was the only one besides Goku to reach SSJ3, years later they have to be pretty awesome on their own. Future Trunks was some great fanservice though.
>>
>>37426531
You have to kinda show something for it to be true. As in, Roshi doesn't train. He was done training himself, he just taught Ox King, Gohan, and a couple decades later taught Goku and Krillin/maybe Yamcha and Tien. He never went to Kami and trained, he can't fly, he's neat, I love him, but to bring up something like power levels that matter only for so many certain chapters/episodes and then it DOESN'T matter is shit writing. He kept up with Kid Goku barely and that's it.
>>
>>37426580
They state he's been training like crazy in the latest episodes.
>>
I'll forgive Super if this happens

https://youtu.be/xL9AsEudcj4
>>
>>37426531
>a bit wonky
roshi blew up the moon at 160 power level
it's a big deal where vegeta is going to destroy earth at 18K
frieza in his second form is 1 million
frieza in his fourth form is 60 million
frieza can't blow up the planet at 60 million
goku trounces him at 80 million
they should be busting planets with each beam or hit, and they're just not. power levels, while I want to like them, suck.

>>37426609
and Roshi being strong in the movie F isn't "recent episodes". the movie where even Krillin could have taken on all of those soldiers himself with no effort. the movie where Gohan could have schooled Krillin a million times over, exerts himself and has to become super saiyan to beat a bunch of power level 2000 mooks.
either keep it consistent or say it doesn't matter. don't fuck the fuck all over it and say I was wrong for following your FUCKING story
>>
>>37426509
Turning your brain off and just watching it is fucking boring and this honestly isn't an interesting enough show to stand on its own two feet.
>>
>>37426646
>they should be busting planets with each beam or hit, and they're just not. power levels, while I want to like them, suck.

>what is ki control?
>>
>>37426013
>Not understanding what parody is
>Not understanding what plagiarism is
Why do you embarrass yourself like this?
>>
>>37425862
It's enjoyable it's not amazing and it will probably annoy you at times but if you really like DB give it a go
>>
File: CauliflaSSJ.webm (562KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CauliflaSSJ.webm
562KB, 1280x720px
Caulifla is pretty cute
>>
>>37426699
to bait (you)
>>
File: saiyanwomen.jpg (181KB, 1080x920px) Image search: [Google]
saiyanwomen.jpg
181KB, 1080x920px
>>37427159
Not as good as these femsaiyans tho
>>
File: 1495430527729.png (413KB, 1900x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1495430527729.png
413KB, 1900x1900px
>>37427381
Fanart can make everything better.
>>
>>37427159
who is that supposed to be with their back turned? GOTEN?!
>>
File: 1495487602973.jpg (108KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
1495487602973.jpg
108KB, 800x566px
>>37427653
It's Cabba one of the Sayajins of the twin universe of our Universe in which the Sayajins didn't get wiped out and evolved to lose their tails and became defenders of peace instead of warmongerers.
Cabba is the ace of the sadala defense force that tries to bring peace to their universe.
>>
I dislike Super a lot since the Zamasu arc cause it ruined both how time travel works and it missed the golden opportunity to make the different timelines the different universes.
>>
yep. it's really good. watch battle of gods first though along with resurrection f. skip the first two arcs, because they're just the same but without budget.
>>
>>37427743
>twin universe
>hot sayajins
th-thank you god. I am going to be watching these soon then, thanks anon
>>
>>37426147
Super is garbage with more filler than gt

They spent like four episodes on bulmas boat for a birthday party. They spent like 5 minutes with beerus wasting time on rock paper scissors with oolong. It was so stupid. I quit watching

GT was loads better. Even if you don't like the space adventures bit, they do return to earth in the second half and it's like DBZ again
>>
>>37427819
One of them will become fembroly next episode.

Just a heads up the first three arcs had some serious time management issues because the release of the anime was very rushed.
Expect some bad animation unless it's a crucial episode.
After that they improved the overall quality alot and it's become pretty good in the current arc.

If you don't care for the additional information then I'd say you watch the movies instead of the first 2 arcs.
>>
File: kale lssj.jpg (238KB, 1266x1800px) Image search: [Google]
kale lssj.jpg
238KB, 1266x1800px
>>37427959
>>37427819
I wanted to include this picture.
>>
>>37427959
I've seen both the movies (Resurrection F + BotG) and a handful of the episodes leading up to BotG but not much more than that
>>
File: 1489949560386.jpg (199KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1489949560386.jpg
199KB, 720x715px
>>37428011
You missed out on the ningen shitposting when the zamasu arc was airing.
>>
Am I the only one who actually prefers Abridged over the actual series. DBZ is just to boring and drawn out to be entertaining.
>>
>>37426316
>Krillin get injured from a fucking bullet

Man, what a pussy.
>>
>>37427794
>Really good
Are you alright there anon?
>>
>>37427743
Kinda crazy that all happened in like 40 years lol.
Personally I would've preferred a war between the Saiyans and Freeza Force where the Saiyans come out on top and go on to become the universe's greatest threat like they were always meant to be.
>>
>>37428276
Lol Super is so good guize amirite
>>
>>37428334
30 years.

Bulma is 45.
>>
>>37428226
Manga then abridged
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.