[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fell for the "grils like guys that play guitar" meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1496199273343.jpg (114KB, 1180x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1496199273343.jpg
114KB, 1180x1084px
>fell for the "grils like guys that play guitar" meme
>>
Do you at least enjoy playing guitar?
>>
>>37418696
Yes, i learned it because i like the instrument itself in fact
but i fell for the meme when i was playing on a bar for money and tried to hit on girls after
i'll never ever try that again
>>
>>37418682
You need to look like a rock star at the very least. I live in southern Cali and EVERYONE plays guitar. You just need to look like Slash, some hipster Chad, Mac Demarco, or any guy from Led Zeppilin. Than you'll get laid for just holding a guitar.
>>
>>37418682
How did you learn to play guitar? I have one lying around, yet I don't know shit about how to use one.
>>
I did this until I realized that nobody cared, so I said fuck it and taught myself how to play the mongolian horse fiddle. Now I'm the life of the parties
>>
File: neil.jpg (1MB, 3500x1650px) Image search: [Google]
neil.jpg
1MB, 3500x1650px
Everyone knows drummers get the most pussy
>>
>>37418918
They probably only invite you thinking that you're going to put on a donkey show and play it like a fiddle.
>>
>>37418855
taught myself through jewbook and some other sites
you can actually do it via internet if you really want to learn, but it'll take some time, at least more than what it would take if you had anyone to teach you
>>37418918
thinking about getting me hands on the bass next, it seems a lot of fun
>>
>>37418765
Weird, girls r usually all over that
>>
attractive guys who play guitar
>>
>>37418682
>play exclusively finger style and classical guitar
Makes girls about as dry as telling them you play clarinet
>>
File: 1470444590336.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1470444590336.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>37418682
>didn't fall for the meme and plays for enjoyment

I win
>>
File: 1473441752901.webm (257KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1473441752901.webm
257KB, 1000x563px
>>37418682
>played bass in my high schools jazz band
>girls used to actually hit on me once they found out
>was too busy chasing my oneitis to ever act on any of it
I want to fucking strangle my younger self
>>
>>37418963
Well, I was gonna say- first I got to get invited to the parties before I can dazzle everyone with my majestic mongolian throat singing
>>
>>37418765
What kinda music did you play? And what kinda bar was it?
Most local shows i go to don't have a lot of single people in attendance. Most of them are couples or actual music enthusiasts/musicians/supportive of the local scene.
>>
>>37418682
>fell for the "grills like guys who are tough" meme
>fought a dude and won
>gf broke up with because she was 'scared'
>>
>fell for the girls love assholes meme
im still a virgin except now im just an evil piece of shit
>>
>>37419134
Girls like guys who have the capacity to be assholes but restrain themselves
>>
>fell for the 'girls love guys who can speak multiple languages' meme
>taught myself Welsh because it sounded cool
>girlfriend breaks up with me because she thinks I sound like a faggot whenever I open my mouth
>>
>>37419134
You should have done more research on what an ass hole is. Or rather what people/beta males think an ass hole is.
>>
>>37419114
Play that horse like a fiddle with your throat singing, boy.
>>
you forgot the caveat there m8
>girls like chads that play guitar
doesn't matter what you do, you could play and sing her favourite song perfectly and it wont matter cause Chad just sang it out of tune
>>
>>37418855
try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdSXvDuRfXI&list=PLfrzZKZ-EDa2eEKjDdH5-ru9rFZ1IJMln
I'm doing the same thing.

1000000 years ago
>Got a guitar for christmas
>Came with VHS Estaban Tutorial
>Played it and had fun.
>Not-Zorro is a good teacher.
>Eventually got bored because the tape only taught me three songs and I couldn't understand tab charts.

Fast-forward to 2017
>Listening to guitar covers of animu songs
>Look at the guitar in my room and wonder where the old VHS is.
>Check youtube
>Find an entire series Vol 1-10
>All these years I had no idea
also found some pdfs on learning sheet music but haven't tried them yet.
>>
>>37419133
basicaly i offered up to play anything the owners would want because the place had this coffe shop air to it despite being an actual bar so i knew i'd be something jazzy or blues
so they called me 2 days before and said "hey, we want you to do a duet with this guy, you're gonna be playing White Buffalo's "into the Sun" at 8 pm"
so i arrive there and this motherfucker is the kind of person you'd expect to see here. fat fedora-wearing wannabe /fa/ neckbeard motherfucker, but holy moly did he sing well
actualy wanted to become friends with him, seemed like a nice person
maybe play a few more times and so on but he vanished the second it ended
maybe he's in this thread right now.
>>
>>37418855
Get yousician on the App Store
>>
>>37419067
Dude. Classical guitar is fucking awesome.
>>
>>37418682
>fell for the "there is someone out there for you" meme

Literally no girl is remotely attracted to me.
>>
>>37419256
oh fuck replied to the wrong post
i meant >>37419131
>>
Andy Partridge has two kids and has been married twice. Pretty sure he's autistic.
> in b4, "yeah, but the first wife cucked him"
>>
>>37419343
yeah, but the first wife cucked him
>>
>>37419114
any tips/resources for learning this?
How long does it take to get decent?

Been doing an exercise from some vid where you go "Mm-waa-REEE!" but don't really know how to progress, improve volume and resonance, or remove the over-tone.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.