[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What type of jobs should i look for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1494471252467.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494471252467.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
Hey lads after leeching of my parents for years they told me I had to get a job so I'm currently looking for some...the problem is that I have red acne marks all over my face that look like acne after finishing accutane 3 months ago..and all the jobs in my area are customer service jobs..I'm actually very good with people but I doubt a employer would hire me because of my face..so what job should I look for where they don't care about my appearance?
>>
>>37418099
I would think any job centered around talking on a phone or using a computer (tech support, telemarketing, etc)
>>
Ask your parents for money so you can go to the doctor. In the meanwhile:
>cold showers
>no shampoo
>drink lots of water

There is a lot of competition so even picking trash might require you to look good
>>
>>37418168
I actually just finished medication for my acne and don't have any pimples..just redness and some scars but I'm still extremely self conscious about my face
>>
Don't really think fast food or grocery joints care about that shit
>>
Depends what type of job
>>
>>37419105
Basically I've found 2 jobs ones at domino's and the other one is as a courtesy clerk at my local smiths
>>
>>37418099
Go gay for pay. Start sticking things in your ass on cam for money
>>
>>37418230
this is gonna mean nothing to you, but i might as well throw this out there

i have psoriasis. it's mostly on my scalp but sometimes comes down around my forehead if it's flaring up, which it does without provocation.
i also have sebhorreic dermatitis around my nose. this makes my skin particularly flaky in that area.

combined, this means that i am often walking around in public with something disgusting happening on my face in plain view of everybody.

anxiety teaches you to expect that everyone is going to laugh at you, take pictures of you, or just be quietly disgusted and think of you as less than a person.

in reality, literally nobody gives a shit. i go out in public--school, the subway, etc.--and nobody even looks twice, even if i'm having a pretty rough face day. it took me years to realize it but average people REALLY don't spend a lot of time looking at other people's weird problems. many of them also aren't honestly at a close enough distance to see all the minute problems with your face or whatever. either way, it's really just a public non-issue.

i've also always considered that if someone came up to me and was like "your face is fucked up" i can immediately turn the tables and be like "yeah, it's a chronic medical condition" and suddenly i've taken the high ground in the conversation. likewise, you have a pretty good out: "i know, it's a temporary reaction to my medication." people let this kind of shit go.

also: very few jobs actually won't hire you because of your appearance. if you have the experience/skills you'll get a CS job even if you look a little rough. exceptions here would obviously be really fancy places, certain stores (the kinds of places that put their retail staff on modeling contracts rather than standard employee contracts, like abercrombie i think), and chick-fil-a (where they'll just make you work the grill or whatever)

tldr
nobody gives a shit about your fucked up face
normies are not hypercritical like /r9k/
>>
>>37419206
i see literally no way in which having acne (or something resembling acne at a distance) would disqualify you from a job at FUCKING DOMINO'S

have you been to a domino's ever? it's some kind of corporate requirement that everyone in a store be an acne-ridden high school stoner
>>
Well i cant give you advise unless you show me how bad it is
>>
>>37419288
That's what everyone keeps telling me...that most jobs won't give a shit since I'm still only 18 and a lot of people that age have acne problems but idk I feel like people will see me as a disgusting freak because of it
>>
File: IMAG0813_1.jpg (78KB, 868x868px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0813_1.jpg
78KB, 868x868px
>>37419345
Skin is pretty smooth since I finished accutane but as you can see I have red marks/scars that according to my derm will disappear in 6 months
>>
>>37419455
That's not that bad, anon. I'd say you're fine to get a service job.
>>
>>37419354
yeah i figured you wouldn't listen
what is it you want to hear? "yeah, your fucked up face immediately disqualifies you from all jobs, your life is pitiable, i am sorry for you"

you are literally in high school
nobody expects a business that employs high schoolers to employ only high schoolers with clear skin (who the fuck has clear skin in high school, also)

if you are using this as an excuse to avoid interviews or certain jobs then you're a fucking idiot who needs an imaginary crutch to avoid doing actual work.
>>
>>37419455
my skin is way worse dude and i got hired at a grocery store stocking shelves
>>
>>37419455
Yeah dude I've seen niggas with way worse working in service positions just about everywhere. Just go for it. Apply to a shit-ton of places and don't think your looks matter. All they want is someone who can do the job competently and won't leave within a year.
>>
>>37419982
It actually used to be wayyy worse but thankfully accutane pretty much destroyed it I just hate all the redness lol..but I'll apply to as many places as possible let's see how it goes
>>
>>37418099
Ask about swing shifts and if they need help stocking or cleaning. You might not be able to get a full time job, but a lot of places will be cool with taking someone on part time for a while. It's not great pay or anything, but having that on your resume will help with future jobs.

Also, don't just ask places that you visit.. Look up companies near you that don't have walk in customers (places that manufacture goods). There are entry level jobs at places that aren't customer service, they just don't advertise that they're hiring. I know this sounds like bullshit but I was in the same position you were in (literally getting turned down from jobs due to being ugly and scarred) and this is how I found my job.

>>37419455
Your scarring isn't even that bad desu, at least it seems to be mostly one tone. My entire nose is red still even though I went through accutane over a year ago.
>>
>>37419455
I've genuinely seen way worse dude..don't sweat it
>>
>tfw I have extreme acne and still get hired at every job I interview for
>>
unironically deliver pizza if you're in america anon tipping culture means you pull anywhere from 12-20/hr most nights and it's a very relaxing job
>>
>>37421018
The slightly higher pay isn't worth the cost of gas, car maintenance, and the risk of crashing, pizza deliverer is one of the worst jobs around. And a lot of people don't tip pizza anyway, especially not if the deliverer is a pizza-faced dude.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.