[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you buy your ticket for the $325 million powerball drawing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: download (1).jpg (14KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
14KB, 260x194px
Did you buy your ticket for the $325 million powerball drawing?
>>
I gotta drive out to arizona/nevada to buy some
>>
I'm never going to win anyway.

I'm destined for homelessness.
>>
I've got about 5k from my mom that I'm gonna spend on lottery tickets.
>>
nah the went full jew on the odds. monster jackpots are common as fuck now
>>
File: 1403444676430.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1403444676430.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
>>37417113
>mfw scrolling down this page

http://graphics.wsj.com/lottery-odds/
>>
What would you guys do with 200 million dollarydoos? I'd buy a mansion, hire a few servants to clean it, cook my meals and drive me around and live the comfy NEET life.
>>
>>37417688
Live the nomadic lifestyle
>>
>>37417688
50mil to various shelters
50mil to the production dragons dogma 2 in the west
50mil to family
40mil to my 3 friends
Burn 9,980,000
20k to buy a normiecycle, gun, and some supplies and live as a nomad
>>
>>37417835
>Giving any of it away
Cuck.
>>
>>37416764
You choose your own numbers right?
>>
>>37418042
Guess you don't want free money.
Poor.
>>
I honestly don't know what I'd do with that much money. Definitely buy a nice car and a modest home but after that what is there besides travelling? Would all that money bring my ex back? Maybe but would she only want me for the money? Wouldn't want to deal with all the beggars either
>>
>>37417688

Assuming that's 200 million after taxes and other bullshit?

Invest 100 million
20 million to close family
10 million to more distant family
Buy property, a car (something nice and quality but nothing exorbitant), a ton of books, an obscene amount of guns, ammo, and other equipment

I don't know what I'd do with the rest. Maybe buy some gold or something? I don't know. I'd probably give at least a couple million to various causes but I'd vet them hard to make sure the money isn't just going making someone else richer.
>>
>>37417688
Invest half in cryptocurrency, would be fun doing a huge pump.
keep other half in bank to secure my neet ways. Probably buy a comfy house somewhere nice. Wouldn't spend a million on it though.
>>
>>37418185

55% tax rate

So around 160 mil
>>
>>37417688
Yeah right. anon you going to get tax to hell. At most you be able to spend 200,000 a year without losing all your money.
>>
>>37418185
Invest 100 million lose all
Fall in to debt.
Investing isn't the easy the more you invest the more you can lose.
>>
>>37417688

Buy several acres of land in Arizona, mine gold, invest money into things like water companies, buy land in Alaska, repeat process with Arizona, doing nothing but prospecting gold, rinse and repeat. Do nothing until I hit veins and get offers from other companies while I just kick back and live the literary lifestyle.

Also keep 2 or 3 million in the bank and live off the interest.
>>
>>37418085
you can choose them or let the machine pick
>>
>>37417688
Build a little house in the middle of nowhere, pay to have a decent internet connection installed, buy lots of guns and live off of food delivery trucks and postal service toiletries.
>>
>>37416764
All of my problems would dimish if I were rich. I would be able to buy things that make me happy, even if it were just for a while. I would travel places where I could roam around with no limitations, money-wise. Even the >tfw no gf problem would be solved by buying an expensive sex toy or a well maintained prostitute, no matter if they only bring me small, momentary periods of joy. I could just use them again if I ever feel lonely.

I wish I were rich.
>>
You know... I have no idea. I've lived in a big house in the middle of nowhere. It was inconvenient and creepy at night. Plus I developed a deep hatred for uneducated rednecks and their stupid brapping pickup trucks who can't mind their own business.

Lived in a big city and it sucked too because of the crowds and nigs and crime and I developed a burning hatred for public transportation.

I think I would just buy a ~500K house in a suburb close to a midsized city and travel a lot. Or just buy a giant TV and 10 thousand dollar recliner and shitpost a lot.
>>
>>37418748
Index stocks are fairly safe in the long run, though I wouldn't be surprised if we're on the cusp of another 2008 style global economic meltdown.
>>
File: 78945338795iu4y35.png (446KB, 492x479px) Image search: [Google]
78945338795iu4y35.png
446KB, 492x479px
Yep, got 4 and might buy more by Saturday's draw. I also got several for the California Super Lotto, which is "43 million." Thats not the actual prize amount though, its paid in 30 annual payments that are taxable. Or you could take the lump sum which is less money overall, and I seriously wouldn't recommend anyone ever do that if they won, that ruins people, you would be better off assuming you will not manage it well, and taking the default payment plan.

>>37416787
Powerball has been available in California since 4 years ago. I remember when I bought my first Powerball tickets, and coincidentally, bough more Powerball tickets at that same CVS earlier today.

>>37417688
Enjoy high quality food, transportation, housing, and travel experiences, have a studio where I sing and play instruments, a meditation room where I can zen out like a monk, transmute my sexual energy into creative drive and have the money to turn my ideas into reality, and pay models to cuddle with me if I want intimacy and don't get it otherwise.

>>37417035
I don't keep track, I may have spent $7777 on lottery over the past 5 years, minus whatever I won back (usually $1-20, but on 2 occasions $50-70). Can't ever give up, this is what I want and I believe in myself and that it absolutely can and will happen.
>>
i have literally never won anything in my entire life
>>
>>37419365
The odds are against you. There is a 99.9999% chance you'll live out your entire life without winning the jackpot even if you play every week. Gotta be in it to win it though. Aim for lotteries with better odds than the Powerball. They have lower payouts but even 2 million can set you up nicely.
>>
>>37419331
>Yep, got 4 and might buy more by Saturday's draw. I also got several for the California Super Lotto, which is "43 million." Thats not the actual prize amount though, its paid in 30 annual payments that are taxable. Or you could take the lump sum which is less money overall, and I seriously wouldn't recommend anyone ever do that if they won, that ruins people, you would be better off assuming you will not manage it well, and taking the default payment plan.

I literally can't fathom how people can fuck up with a lump sum. I mean, I get that most normie people are basically NPCs devoid of intelligence and fit only to be exploited. But there is no fucking way I could possibly fuck up a huge lump sum. It's trivial, I can't even imagine what I would need to buy over maybe like 5 million total in an entire lifetime.
>>
File: IMG_3425.png (474KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3425.png
474KB, 750x1334px
>>37416764
Next drawing's payout after taxes and everything would only give you JUST over $100 million.
>>
>>37419435
The majority of people are fucking retarded mate, that's all there is to it. The average normie doesn't consider things like investing they just go out and blow it on shit because they have no self control.
>>
>>37419464
100 million is over 100 times what I expect to earn in my entire lifetime so that's still pretty good.
>>
is it too late to buy one?
>>
>>37418138
Spend it on girls for pussy.
>>
File: 6_3BILLION.png (694KB, 1072x532px) Image search: [Google]
6_3BILLION.png
694KB, 1072x532px
>>37419365
because you never tried
>>37419429
>Aim for lotteries with better odds than the Powerball. They have lower payouts but even 2 million can set you up nicely.

I play the Fantasy 5, which is usually $65k-$500k at 1/570000 odds, and the secondary prizes for Mega Millions and Powerball can also jump to the low millions. In other states and territories they are set at $1 million and you can buy a Power Play/Megaplier to get more money if you win a non-jackpot prize, but in California they don't have that option and that prize is a mini-jackpot determined by ticket sales. The Powerball 5/5 prize gets huge when the jackpot also gets huge, but there are often more winners and its split between them just like the jackpot. It can be as low as $100k the draw after someone wins it and the jackpot is low, and has been up to $7million once when there was a huge jackpot, nobody won the 5/5 prize, and then next draw after the jackpot reset someone matched the first 5 numbers.

>>37419435
Sudden Wealth Syndrome
>>
>>37416764
no, I'm not an idiot
>>
>>37419882
There was a guy on /sci/ a few days ago who won 4 million
>>
I will never buy one
>>
>>37419890
neato, I'd say I don't believe it but someone is bound to win. I bought two tickets in my life, scratch offs for a dollar a piece and won two dollars on each. I beat the system so I feel good with that. I don't understand gambling and more then that gambling addiction.
>>
>>37417688

51 million
Set up family members with 3 million dollars in trust each, they get half the yearly safe withdrawal rate (~1.5% or 45k/year) paid out to them for deciding on a charity to donate the principal to when they die. They can have access to the rest of the safe withdrawal rate if they can prove that they can be responsible with money.

10 million
Keep it for myself in trust, fully insulated from potential lawsuits/alimony/other losses. Invest it safely and only withdraw 3%/year (300k/year) maximum. This is the shit that'll last me a lifetime.

10 million
Fun money to start off. Probably gonna buy a modest apartment in New York, spend a few months lounging around there getting life sorted out before traveling the world for a couple years. Other things I'd like to do in no particular order: excellent gifts to a very small group of highly trusted friends, buying a supercar, building a motorcycle, building a hilariously over the top PC, walking into my favorite bar and paying for everyone's drinks for the night, commissioning an anime.

20 million
Set up through overseas holdings and various tax havens as a long term project fund. If there ever end up being companies/artists/research I want to fund, this is where it'll come from. Of course it'll be invested to maintain/continue growth, but all of it will be available for use.

80 million
Some split between FAI research groups and highly effective charities. Would need to do more research at that time.

29 million
Probably what it'll cost to hire a good law/tax firm to set all this up, hire a good butler/chef/personal assistant to take care of the day to day minutiae, as well as a good whore to fuck regularly. Some of it will be invested to get long term salaries sorted out, some of it will be paid as a lump sum, but this is what's set aside for the purpose.
>>
>>37419890
>>37419921

I think it was a couple years ago but some Britbot posted here after winning a million Britbux in one of their lotteries. Anyways I always drop a few bucks on the Powerball and Mega Millions once they reach jackpots of $250 million or so. If nothing else, it lets me daydream for a few minutes about leaving behind the wagecuck life and pursuing my wildest dreams.
>>
>>37417688
Buy a small house in an area with high speed internet. Get a subscription to soylent. Die with 199m left.
>>
>>37420102
wow this is an amazing answer. how long have you thought about this?
>>
the chance is too abysmal. you could live 50 life times playing every day and you STILL wouldnt have a chance in hell.

the lottery is a jewish scam.
>>
>>37420162
I don't get your point, so just because someone won you decide to throw money away ? Why not just mail the money to me and at some point I'll mail you some back.
>>
Nope, but here's my story
>1996
>mom is broke and works at pizza place
>pajeet owner tells her to buy him a lottery tickey, jackpot was about $35m without inflation
>told me she thought about keeping it for herself but gave it to him anyway
>pajeet wins jackpot, closes pizza place and disappears the next day
>>
>>37420348
>>told me she thought about keeping it for herself but gave it to him anyway
did she know it was a winner?
>>
>>37420348
Why didn't she buy another ticket with the same numbers?
>>
>>37420402
No the draw was the day after she got it, worded that pretty bad.
>>37420410
"I guess it's a waste of money, what are the chaces of actually winning anything anyway?"
>>
>>37420206
Probably about 10-20 hours over the course of a few years.

The biggest realization was understanding that even though I have a degree in economics and a solid grasp of long term financial investment on the personal scale, I'm 1000% unprepared to manage that much money split among so many people. Along the same lines, while I've fallen into a comfy routine with going to the office and enjoying my evenings/weekends, I have absolutely no clue what I'd do with my time if I didn't have to work for anything.

Ultimately I can only try my hardest to research a good law/tax firm, state my intentions as clearly as possible, and work with them to come up with a good long term solution that would take care of my responsibilities, leave me enough money to enjoy my life, and pay my good fortune forward so that I can help out the people who need it the most.

On that note, I forgot to add bodyguards/personal security to that last section. The kidnapping/murder rate for lottery winners is like 80 times higher than the national average, and the same rates for family members are like 25 times higher. Don't know how long I'd need them for, but I'd never be able to live with myself if one of my family members got hurt because I had to publicly state that I won the lottery. Probably shift 10 million from the donations towards the services to account for that.
>>
>>37420479
If managing your money becomes a full time job doesn't it defeats the whole point of winning the lottery? This is as much reason as any why only idiots would take the lump sum payout.

Oh wait, most people who win take the lump sum, and most people who play the lottery are idiots, so it all makes sense
>>
>>37420575
lump sum is the best deal to take.
>>
>>37420575
Lottery payouts are made by buying national bonds and selling them at a rate of 4% of the jackpot/year for 25 years, and that ISN'T adjusted for inflation. So every year the feds are doing their thing and decreasing the value of the dollar by 3%/ while your dogshit government bonds are rotting away at a 0.25%/year interest rate. That's an absolutely pathetic rate of return and a lobotomized monkey could do better. In historical terms, even if you invested your life savings the day before the 1929 stock market crash, you'd be making a far better ROI than any government bond in existence over the same 25 year time span.

The whole idea behind the plan that I outlined was to spend a few months working with expert tax/estate lawyers to make sure that nothing needs to be taken care of after it's all organized. Plus, you get the added benefit of making more money than the jackpot in the long run by just letting it sit there and accumulating interest

And are you seriously suggesting that you wouldn't bust your ass 8 hours a day for a few months if it meant never having to work a day in your life ever again? Are you some kind of nigger or something?
>>
>>37420277
>BUT BUT BUT SOMEBODY HAS TO WIN!
>>
>>37420598
Regardless of whether or not that is true and what numbers you take into consideration, its a terrible idea in terms of mental health and quality of life.

Imagine suddenly having $100 million. Now you went from not rich at all to this in no time at all, and you suddenly have to decide how to manage it to make it last the rest of your life, or enlist financial professional to manage it for you, and then decide how much to spend and take out as income, etc etc.

That would be incredible stressful and outright scary actually. It would be a much better idea to take the full amount in 30 payments, so that you can learn to adapt, feel secure that more money will be coming, you chose the safest option, and you can't go full retard and spend it on stupid shit. I mean, if you won the lottery and have enough to live in luxury for life, you don't even need to compete, whats even the point of gambing even further, just take the annuity and maintain a conservative saving, investing and spending plan.
>>
>>37420776
>seriously suggesting that you wouldn't bust your ass 8 hours a day for a few months
Last time I did that I made less than $10k before taxes wagecucking

With regard to the lottery the point I'm trying to make is simple: If you won the jackpot, you made it! Now relax, its more than enough, and it feels better to have a huge income for 30 years than suddenly have half of that and thats it.
>>
File: IMG_4372.jpg (197KB, 610x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4372.jpg
197KB, 610x667px
>>37416764
Yes and I fucking lost again...this blows.
>>
>>37420868
Yeah, I did, and I concluded that I'd rather be stressed out for a few months than kill myself in a decade or worse, wake up in a trailer park 30 years from now wondering how it went so horribly wrong and regretting the fact that I never did any of the proper planning.

Besides, bridge loans exist and banks are typically very willing to advance money to lottery winners who are in the process of working with estate/tax firms to organize their winnings. Spend that on a decent therapist and a whore, mental stress gone.

Also

> just take the annuity and maintain a conservative saving, investing and spending plan.
>just do the exact same thing, but worse since I have no idea what tax law, reasonable planning for money at this scale or good investment practices are.
>>
>>37421076
Terrible phrasing on the first bit, meant to say end up broke within a decade and kill myself, or worse, wake up as a poorfag in 30 years.

>>37420925
Fine, I agree in principle, but your life is most likely going to last a lot longer than 30 years. I also want to ensure that certain things are taken care of, and specifically in the case of charity, donating a massive amount to something like Doctors Without Borders or the AMF right now is far more valuable in terms of lives saved than donating a smaller amount over a long period of time, especially taking the inflation rate into account.
>>
Fuck you, and tell your chink cousins to stop by this shit and get help for their addictions
>>
>>37421011
Keep trying anon, you'll be a rich NEET one day
>>
>>37417688
>hire a few servants to clean it, cook my meals
Enjoy the spit in your food
>>
>>37421990
Nothing but a poorfag fantasy.
>>
>>37422014
>trusting servants with your food
Don't you know that people usually hate their bosses regardless of how they're treated you naive fuck ?
>>
>>37422032
Fucking with people who have the money to ruin your life is not a good idea no matter how much you hate them. I guarantee the people cooking Trumps food are not spitting in it no matter how much they despise him. It's fucking stupid. Someone with enough money to buy a dozen high priced lawyers could have you thrown in prison for years, and what do you get? The satisfaction of knowing the guy ate your spit once? You're fucking retarded
>>
>>37422112
Plus, no real person would actually pull shit like that. Just because you happen to be the worst excuses for functioning people that humanity has to offer doesn't mean that everyone else is equally autistic/hateful.
>>
>>37422153
Normies are pretty hateful. It's just that most of them are not dumb enough to jeopardize their livelihood over a juvenile prank.
>>
>>37422186
I mentioned autistic right?
>>
>>37417688
invest 195 million in safe shit like index funds,
buy 500 acres of forest
build cabin
hang out for the rest of my life
>>
>>37422578
Nice
origonali
>>
>>37417688
I am a generous man and in past situations I have proved to be too generous for my own good. that being said i'd probably just get a house and live the way I do now and probably share some of it with you guys since you guys were the only people here for me when I felt down which was pretty much 24/7
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.