[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it feasible to bury myself in a shipping container bunker

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: buried-bunker.jpg (871KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
buried-bunker.jpg
871KB, 2000x1125px
Is it feasible to bury myself in a shipping container bunker with 100 yrs of food, water, air and reading material?
>>
>>37414460
No, it'll be taken over by fellow hobos and junkies
>>
You'd need a hell of a lot of space.

Also, you'd probably never get out.
>>
>>37414460
is this about NEETdom or some kind of nuclear fallout event?
>>
A shipping container will collapse and kill you with about 6 inches of dirt on top. Build a real bunker.
>>
>>37414605
Both. Human society is disgusting and will fall apart in my lifetime, so rather than worry about it I'd prefer to just be in a bunker with enough rations and breathable air to last until I die of old age.
>>
>>37414460
What you going to do shit in the corner?
>>
>>37414460
>100 yrs of food, water, air
Even for one person the amount of space this would occupy would be staggering. If you thought about this at all (and weren't high) you would immediately realize that. More feasible would be means of recycling waste into usable resources, which would mean some kind of farming or hydroponic setup to process carbon dioxide into oxygen, treat wastewater, and extract and reuse nutrients from your waste. And even that would probably require technologies not yet invented to fit into a bunker.
>>
Why do so many people think shipping containers are magic?

Wood and concrete are cheaper and stronger than shipping containers. That's why we build houses and basements with them.

Anyway, food goes bad. You would actually need a hydroponics system if you planned on never leaving.
>>
>>37414460

You'll drown when it rains.

>>37414685

Also this.

Conex's are great for shipping stuff on a ship. For anything else, they're pretty shit.
>>
>>37414685

Why don't we ship expensive goods in houses then?
>>
>>37414708
They make decent, if ugly storage sheds.

Theres at least 1 thread per week on /diy/, storage containers cannot hold weight like you think: under 18 inches of dirt, the container will crumple and you will die.
>>
How much would a piece of property and one of these bunkers cost? I would actually prefer it to a house.
>>
>>37414808
dont they stack a lot of those containers on top of each other?
>>
>>37415664
But they stack on the edges where the sides bare the weight.
>>
>>37414764
Top post of the day.
>>
>>37414764
This fucking guy

Origionoli
>>
>>37414764
Well he has you there m8.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.