[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quantifiable differences of IQ and behaviour among human beings

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: C3QgecpUEAUWc_R.jpg (215KB, 1080x1027px) Image search: [Google]
C3QgecpUEAUWc_R.jpg
215KB, 1080x1027px
What's it really like having a high IQ...? Is someone with a 200IQ really that different from another person with like 75? I mean, as long as they are not mentally retarded, I don't really think so. They are pretty much the same.
>>
>>37413587
two persons with that big of an IQ difference would be unable to comunicate with each other other than about the most basic observeable things
>>
File: 1484356356177s.jpg (5KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484356356177s.jpg
5KB, 250x192px
>>37413587
>foound the 75 iq brainlet

just jesting, tthough what this guy said i agree with
>>
>>37413664
>>37413728
there would be a noticiable difference for those 2
>>
>>37413664
Such as?
Im pretty sure the person with 200IQ would still enjoy basic entertainment like movies and sports or food.
Even the simpleton with 75IQ could relate and hold a discussion with topics like that. Obviously if its leaning towards more academia, then there would be a divide in communication.
>>
>>37413877
Somebody who had a real IQ of 200 would not like most music/TV/movies. Anything they actually enjoyed in those media would be incomprehensible to someone with an IQ of 75
>>
>>37414125
What makes you think somebody with a high IQ couldn't enjoy simple humor? Mensa brainchads watch shitty low-tier entertainment all the time.
>>
>>37414193
Mensa is full of shit. Actual geniuses wouldn't be caught dead among their ranks.
>>
>>37414193
Dude, not to have this sound like a meme, but intelligence doesn't exist. No one has a tangible definition of it. And IQ is a stupid form of measurement since it necessitates a belief in an objective truth (which is stupid)
>>
>>37414251
This
Why do truely intelligent people need to take a test to find out something they already know, and just to join a shitty club that you have to pay annualy to stay apart of, it's a giant circle jerk of pretentious people.
>>
File: 1496031158685.png (19KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496031158685.png
19KB, 300x250px
>>37414251
>>37414125
You are truly intellectual. Fellow high iq gentleman.
>>
>>37414259
If it doesn't exist, then how come tests for it are stable and reproducible, and the measurement is correlated with lots of things? It's possibly the realest quantity that psychology measures.
>>
>>37414259
>intelligence dosen't exist
I don't think you have to go that far as to dismiss the term entirely as nonexistent, I mean as humans intelligence can be defined as simply quantifiable knowledge that people possess; it's ignorant to just say it is nonexistant. It's just something that can't be accurately measured.
>>
>>37414351
It's like saying your athleticism is as good as your batting average. All your batting average really says though is how often you're able to score a hit for every at-bat, it doesn't mean jack shit about something as unquantifiable as your general athleticism. IQ is a measurement of how well you do on IQ tests.
>>
I've got a significant IQ, I can communicate with anyone who doesn't have a serious mental issue, but having a serious discourse about any topic more complicated than ordering breakfast gets tiring quickly. In my experience the best way to explain the differences between how people with different IQs think is patterns of thought.
People with lower/low end average IQs think one thought at a time, in some average sequence or order.
People with higher IQs think in waves or nets with wide general patterns, and make more connections with things they've previously heard.
>>
>>37413587
1) IQ has diminishing returns after 120

2) You won't be able to tell much difference between small values of IQ, for example when comparing two people with an IQ of 105 vs an IQ of 115.
>>
Legit genius kid here. I even was a MENSA member before I had a breakdown that turned me into a robot. It's not useful for anything outside academic stuff. You do seem to grasp patterns and cause-effect relationships faster, but in your day-to-day life no one will notice or care about it.
>>
>>37414259
I wouldnt go that far.
After all, a genuinely retarded person is incapable of scoring high on a an actual Mensa IQ test. Probably can't even score high on an a meme internet one either.
>>
>>37413587
What is intelligence but memory, everyone has that.
>>
>>37414524
Its more than just memory.
Its your capability of seeing patterns in things and efficiency of solving problems.
I believe that even if there is a wide margin between two IQ's, there really isn't that much difference between them with the exception of academics.
>>
In terms of the thought process involved between two individuals you describe; there would be a vast difference as intelligent people are able to form connections more easily and faster than average or below average individuals, meaning the high intelligent individual basically learns at a faster rate and relates to iq tests with their ability to recognize analogies which is tested on iq tests. They test one's ability to make connections between seemingly unconnected objects or patterns. In my experiance with socializing I notice the people who fall on the lower spectrum seem to talk about the same general things as average people do, but of course you notice the "slowness" associated with their responses. By contrast most high intelligent individuals can come up with snapy replies without having to think much, but of course not all. High intelligent individuals also seem to have a restless curiosity that others seem to lack, and many possess the ability to focus on topics or actions for an unusual amount of time, this is something associated with genius, as they hold a huge drive for learning.
>>
While the legitimacy of IQ tests are debatable, I do believe that low IQ people are generally very different from anyone with IQ 100 and up.

They make poor decisions.

They are more violent.

They live in the moment, and seem incapable of planning for the future. Like animals running purely on carnal desires.
You see this in action within our society. The dumb child does poorly in school and decides to drop out.
He can not get a good job due to his incomplete education. Therefore, in order to survive he turns to crime. For someone witih a high enough IQ, they would avoid these circumstances as best as they could, but if they can not, even then committing crime is probably the last thing on their mind since they weigh the costs and rewards of their potential actions. There is also the morality aspect that seems to be vacant in those with low IQ.
>>
145 IQ here, supposedly. I have a hard time telling average people from retarded people.
>>
>>37413587
t.75IQ brainlet
>>
>>37414125

I can confirm this. It may seem pretentious and perhaps it is but I think most people have shit taste; I can't enjoy anything including books, movies, music or any kind of art or recreational activity that my peers actively enjoy; I can pretend but I can't hide my disgust; I also judge any body who does enjoy things that I don't enjoy because I inherently consider them to be far inferior. It puts tension in my relationships and I don't think it healthy for my psyche so I just avoid all of it and remain ignorant; I also don't tell anyone about my tastes since I don't want them to contaminate it.
>>
There's a very noticeable difference between people who are around my level of intelligence and those who just aren't. The ones who aren't frequently fail to pick up on wordplay, subtle jokes, or veiled meaning, and often just don't understand the words I use. Talking to someone below 110 IQ feels like repeatedly ramming my head into a brick wall. Plus, they tend to be a drastically less interesting and engaging, and have poorer conversational skills.

If you think there isn't that much difference between high and low IQ, you're definitely on the latter end of the spectrum.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.