[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Engineering overrated ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1465249420277.jpg (112KB, 449x337px) Image search: [Google]
1465249420277.jpg
112KB, 449x337px
Are they even real scientists ?
>>
>>37411380
>be engineering student
>considered a nerd and hated by all women
>its okay because i'll be rich one day!
>finally graduate
>most jobs taken by pajeets and other immigrants
>finally get a that pays 45k/year
>finance and business chads raking in 70k+ out of school
>they got the women in class and now they get them in the real world too

engineering will never pay off unless you are passionate about it, similar to hard sciences or medicine. If you are just some autist looking to make a living, you will fail.
>>
>>37411754
That applies to everybody though. The biggest part of business is people management which Chad's love to do
>>
Liberal arts is the real master race. I would post that image with the engineer and liberal arts student, but I don't have it right now.
>>
engineers are not scientists.
>>
>>37411380
You are only a scientist when you practice the scientific method, which at its fundamentals is:

Idea "maybe orange juice is better without pulp"
Test "make both ways"
Conclude "nope that was dumb"

Most "scientists" are just analysts and designers with backgrounds in physics. Most engineers are analysts and designers with backgrounds in other physics.

Both are well suited to scientific work, but 95% of both groups never do any real science.
>>
>>37411754
I got that much with a 2-year engineering degree. Where the fuck are you working?

Did you get the meme software engineering degree? That doesn't count as engineering on payroll.
>>
>>37411937
>designers
innovators not designers liek shitty fashion ones or graphic designers or visual designers who call themselves "street sign engineers" LOL
>>
>>37412296
"innovator" is a shitty buzzword term that doesn't describe what they do. They draw shit in CAD, follow 3D models, or buy prefab machines and designs from the 5%.

You're talking as if the shitty ones are the exception. They are the rule. The average engineer is a desk jockey meeting attender who shuffles paperwork and signs drawings, at best.
>>
>>37412339
That's a civil engineer not real ones u h8er
>>
>>37411380
M>S>E>T
This is fact
>>
>>37412508
This also applies to mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, computer engineers, chemical engineers, etc.
>>
>>37412555
Nuuuuuuuuuuuu !!! I can't change majors nao !!!
>>
>>37412586
Don't worry it pays good and it's not meme for pay like OP says. As long as you're willing to live outside the city, you'll make plenty of money.
>>
>>37411380

There are different kinds of engineering levels in the same fields, atleast in my country it is like that. At my university you leave with a bachelor of science while there is another one where you get the engineering meme-degree where you are just a glorified technician in the same field. Their exams are absolute cakewalks and you learn the fundamental math without ever seeing how the equations you use were derived.
Those degrees truly are not worth being called science degrees and any technician who learned at some factory knows more than those chucklefucks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.