[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you read? How many books have you read? What are you reading now?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: reading-comp.png (21KB, 350x371px) Image search: [Google]
reading-comp.png
21KB, 350x371px
Do you read? How many books have you read? What are you reading now?
>>
I've put off reading this semester to focus more on studies, of course the result is that i just read less in total, not more of the syllabus

Anyways, when i finish my last exam i'll read Manufacturing Consent, not sure what i'll read after that, though
>>
I listen to audio books.
>>
With all this nonsense that you go through. You should read The Silent Cry by Kenzaburo Oe.
After that you can go an hero.
>>
File: DA7V7KeUIAApJ50.jpg large.jpg (81KB, 925x842px) Image search: [Google]
DA7V7KeUIAApJ50.jpg large.jpg
81KB, 925x842px
>>37409598
I just finished reading Death in Venice and I'm currently reading Catch-22 and Giovanni's Room.

Somebody tell me their favourtie book so i can read it next. Not bothered what it's about. Nothing generic though; something i wouldnt necissarily think to pick up.
>>
>>37409598
I am just getting into reading, mostly japanese novels. Something I need to say right now is that "the key" by tanizaki is the greatest representation that I have experienced of a cuck's life, absolutely astounding work, but made me feel like a pile of shit.
I was thinking of reading >>37410226
>>37410309
I just read the wind-up bird chronicle and it was good, recommend some good western book robot
>>
>>37410523
Thanks friend, i'll check it out.

Only western i've read is Blood Meridian. There's a lot of hate toward it but i thought it was a good read.
>>
File: IMG_0527.jpg (39KB, 330x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.jpg
39KB, 330x499px
I'm reading this atm. What should I read next?
>>
>>37410523
>>37410590
Oh i just figured out what you meant by western. Check it out nontheless.
>>
>>37409598
Epic of Gilgamesh.
>>
im reading the expanse book series right now, almost done with the fifth book

i got addicted to the story of the show and couldn't wait a year between seasons to see what happens. gets pretty nuts in book 3 and 4
>>
>>37409598

recently finished "d day through German eyes" cant recommend highly enough.

currently reading meditations of marcus aurelius and the turner diaries
>>
Bumping a good thread for all my good boys.
>>
Maybe we should review books we have read, and answer questions about them, because otherwise the thread will die too quickly.
I will start
Three Days of Happiness - Nothing too deep, but a nice story about a fool who is like a robot, that little by little begins to understand himself and others. I think that the concept that the author was trying to deliver through the story really hits home and the story manages to have a little bit of romance as well. Sorry for the shit english and the lack of in-depht description
>>
>See all these intellectual books
>Makes everyone become smarter
>Get great idea
>Pick up fantasy books
>Begin fucking reading the shit out of them
>Train my mind to work like a wizard
>MFW lose all my friends, lose my job, family begins to hate me, still a virgin, get urges to urinate in bottles
>MFW browsing /r9k/ has warped the meaning of wizard forever in my mind
>MFW should have just settled for being a knight
>>
>>37409598
I read, I don't know how many books I read because I don't count that shit, and I'm currently reading 'Faith and Fire' by Dan Swallow.
>>
>>37409598
No, but I should start again to get smarter. I think I'll pick up Lolita....
>>
File: IMG_1028.jpg (118KB, 749x1065px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1028.jpg
118KB, 749x1065px
>>37409598
Last book I read was Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. Finished that about two weeks ago.
>>
>>37409598
Im reading V by Pynchon and it's gr8. Gonna read Revolt Against the Modern World next, im very interested in Evola and the whole spiritual fascist movement
>>
I used to be able to read. The last book I finished was the Age of Reason by Jean Paul Sartre, that was last summer. This entire year I've been having major problems focusing. I can read an entire page of a book, and as soon as I flip the page I'll completely forget what I just read. It has made studying impossible, so I dropped out.

I've probably read a little more than a hundred actual books. Favorite was probably The Picture of Dorian Gray.
>>
>>37413613
I actually couldn't stand The Picture of Dorian Gray. I get the whole underlying theme behind it, but it was an insanely drab read for me.
>>
>Do you read?
what did you just say to me?
i seriously don't understand?
>>
>>37413524
I feel like Pynchon should be required reading, but all the normies I've recommended him to couldn't into it.
>>
File: 20170601_030508.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_030508.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>37409598
Old Latin missalum ofcourse
>>
>>37413884
I couldn't either. How do I?
>>
>>37413992
If this isn't a troll post you are impressive anon.
>>
>>37413992
Hey, I can actually understand most of that. My Latin is actually progressing.
>>
>>37413992
>2017
>being a christcuck

L M A O
>>
>>37414526
What didn't you like about it? He's one of the most engaging authors, I can't put his books down once I start
>>
Recently finished kafka on the shore.
>>
Yes
Read 15 books this year. My goal was 52 so I'm not doing too well
Currently The Buried Giant by Ishiguro and some shitty isekai LN. Will probably pick up Les Mis and some shorter Russian works after I finish it. I also want to read 1Q84 but I'm not sure if I'm ready for such a long meme.

I have too many books I want to read and not enough time to read them, to be honest.
>>
>>37413670
I felt the same way. I liked the idea behind the book, but as I already knew about that before reading it the actual reading experience was poor.
>>
>>37409598
Reading Oscar Wildes fairy tails and the book of Samuel. Pretty good both worth the hype.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.