[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adult Braces

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: images (10).jpg (18KB, 443x332px)
images (10).jpg
18KB, 443x332px
>have adult braces
>old but qt orthodontist love hates me
>she always puts in extra strong wires, power-chains and springs just to fuck with me
>but she loves seeing me and treating me like a kid, I cant do anything since she's always in my mouth when she says shit
>so I just sit there & try to chuckle it off with her boobs on my face and her eyes staring into mine while she tightens my wires to the point of tears
>sort of like a dominatrix mommy gf
>ANYWAY its been 2 days and each tooth still feels like its being slowy twisted by pliers
Anyone else here /braces/? I never get used to the pain, how do kids fucking do it? Its so distracting especially with a new job. People with nice teeth cant be robots.
>>
File: 1489621061340.jpg (21KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1489621061340.jpg
21KB, 500x341px
I still have my braces. My teeth are more straightened the they were so it causes less pain. Also my last appointment was done by a black lady and she fucked up and didnt focus on what she was doing.
oh well, two more years and they're off.
>tfw no qt busty dentist
>>
>>37399066
My teeth are passable, but still a bit messed up. (elevated canines) I've thought about braces, but it just sounds awful. The thought of having something in my mouth that I can't take out sounds horrible, considering I'm the kind of person that pokes at sores in my mouth with my tongue for days, and will won't stop until I get piece of corn out of my teeth. Then there's other shit like retainers; apparently you're supposed to wear those for the rest of your life, absolute bullshit.

At the same time it really sounds nice to have perfect teeth. It's frustrating to think that if I ever gained publicity, the first thing people would do is call me Dracula.

Also I hear there's some kind of mold you can put in as an alternative to braces.
>>
>>37399066
The pain only lasts for a couple of days after each ortho visit, just take painkillers and eat soft foods during that time, it's not that bad.
The other 28 days are perfectly fine.
Honestly the thing I hated most about braces is that it takes you 10 minutes to brush your teeth.
Brushing them after getting braces off is the most liberating thing.
>>
>>37399165
Braces aren't that bad, they feel weird at first but because they're in your mouth 24/7 you get used to them. Sores and corn in your teeth only annoys you because it's not constantly there.
Also retainers aren't even bad. You wear them 24/7 for about 3 months then just switch to evenings. Literally takes 10 seconds to put them in after doing my teeth before bed.
>>
File: 1490129619050.jpg (54KB, 597x597px)
1490129619050.jpg
54KB, 597x597px
they pulled out 2 teeth after i got my braces, then after a year another 2 and now i have a tiny baby mouth

my teeth aren't even straight : D
>>
>>37399066
how old are you? my braces are probably gonna be off in a couple months and ill be 25 by then
>>
>>37400223
pffhaha

anybody else thinking braces on a cute gril are hot af? even on a 25+ chick they are activating my almonds. so hot.
>>
>>37399066
>adult braces

They're just braces lol, why is this phrase even a thing? There is no difference between the braces you get as a kid or as an adult. The only difference is the age at which you get them installed. Could it be that in the united states it is customary to get braces as a kid/teenager so getting them as an "adult" is so out of the ordinary that it spawned a new phrase?
>>
>>37400717
>Could it be that in the united states it is customary to get braces as a kid/teenager so getting them as an "adult" is so out of the ordinary that it spawned a new phrase?
ding, ding, ding.
plus their ignorance of thinking that once you're an adult, your teeth stay exactly where they are.
>>
I see that you've fallen into the Jewish scheme of buying braces
>>
>>37400813
t. Perfidious Albion
>>
>>37400717
>>37400759
Braces are braces, yes. Dental care is more prioritized in the US than in Europe, and putting braces on an adolescent versus an adult means the orthodontist is able to utilize the child's growth potential to correct their bite. This is why it's better to start younger and adult braces are less common in the US. It's careful planning.

So what does that really mean? They can do things like expand width of your palate and pull your jaw forward so that your face is more aesthetic than it would naturally be - AKA you don't have to be a chinlit with an overbite anymore. And basically this is because you're still growing. It's much easier than correcting something as an adult. Also your teeth want to shift even more as an adult. You have to wear a retainer or get a permenant one regardless of your age.

They can break your lower jaw as an adult and reset it, but doing any kind of maxillofaxial surgery for dental aesthetics as an adult is too risky and definitely not worth it. Starting at a younger age yields the best results, especially in severe cases.
>>
>>37399066
I'm 25 and just had them put on recently. It hurt to eat for the first week or so and now it only hurts for 3 days max after each visit/adjustment with a lower pain level. It's not that bad at all. The reason I got them is because this one tooth of mine (the one left of my left front tooth) is out of place (it's behind the others). So now there is a spring in my mouth to open up a gap big enough to bring that one tooth forward.

One tooth out of place may seem trivial, but believe me when I say it can have a huge effect on your overall quality of life. In a picture it may not seem like much, but my tongue feels like it's obstructed a good 50 percent. You can imagine what effects this may have on speech. Often I find myself hesitating before I speak to think of a different way of getting my point across simply because there are certain words and word groups that I know I can't pronounce correctly. Your teeth have a huge impact on speech. I feel like my tongue is literally twisted and I can feel the tension all the way to my throat.

Thankfully I was fortunate enough to get braces installed at a superb discount by my orthodontist who also happens to be my cousin in a foreign country.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.