[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one create meaning and purpose int heir life? I used

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: shutterstock_297757298[1].jpg (25KB, 550x334px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_297757298[1].jpg
25KB, 550x334px
How does one create meaning and purpose int heir life? I used to be an adamant nihilist, but all that got me is to do nothing with my life except shitpost, watch TV/youtube and masturbate because I don't care about anything, and feel completely powerless to do anything except exist.
>>
>>37386367
I think you're asking at the wrong place.
However I've felt some purpose when I found a job and actually got along well with the people there.
Get something to look forward to.
>>
Looks for something you enjoy. Literally anything. If you like eating candles - go for it.
In case you don't really now what that would be, just randomly try things out. The first couple of sessions in sports clubs are usually free and there is tons of other things you could do.
>>
learn cherish every small step of the way towards a goal
>>
>>37386367
Do what you want. You don't have to be a complete nihilist about it but not everyone is gonna have a super meaningful life. As long as it's better more times than it's not I'm happy enough.
>>
Find a purpose that's bigger than any one person. Devote yourself to it. Nihilism is the natural result of any scientific man, but it takes a stronger man than most to push through and add his own meaning to life.
>>
File: 1491628076307.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1491628076307.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>>37386367
Accept responsibility for the burden of being.

Life is characterized by a lot of suffering. Recognizing the truth and living in a truthful manner puts reality behind you rather than being an obstacle to overcome. Act out a life that puts responsibility before your own self. Take responsibility for being a member of a family, of a community, of society and work towards stabilizing and harmonizing your relationships with others and with the world at large. You'll find that to be selfless is incredibly selfish because the positive results from doing so will benefit you greatly.

Also I just ripped all this off from the good doctor Jordan B Peterson. I've been pretty captivated by his philosophy lately and am trying to understand it better and try it out in my own life. I'll link you to his videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos/videos

I'd recommend checking out his Maps of Meaning course. It's a full length college course. A twelve part lecture, each one about two and a half hours long, so it can seem pretty daunting, but I find that time flies by when I'm listening to them not only because I'm so interested in the information and ideas, but because there's so much content condensed down in each one of his lectures. Check it out if you've got the time and motivation. It'll probably give you a better perspective on life and will certainly help you stay motivated for all things in life if you really take it to heart.
>>
my purposes derive from my traumas
i do not believe this is unique to me
i might
- attempt to reconcile the trauma on a personal metaphysical level
- attempt to adjust the environment to reduce the incidences of the trauma perpetration
- attempt to visit this trauma on others to create a 'sympathetic' community around it
>>
>>37386367
I'm an destructive nihilist. I hate people that is happy with their lives or those than doesn't realize that themselves are nothing. I like to crush their happiness. It makes me feel alive.
>>
>>37387826
>I hate people that is happy
I hate people who are illiterate but think of themselves as deep-minded intellectuals.
>>
>>37386367
Are you a manlet, out of shape, or have physical deformities/illnesses?
>>
>>37386367
the only purpose in life is worshipping my oneitis, unfortunately she refuses to speak to me so currently I'm in deep crisis. She's a goddess.
>>
File: 0.jpg (112KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
112KB, 500x649px
>>37386367
from one nihilist to an ex nihilist or whatever the fuck you are if you cant find meaning in the literal infinite you are the most creative person ive ever met and you deserve your depression.

its really as simple as that.

think about it enough you will find you are something instead of nothing.
>>
>>37389323
*UNcreative

Holy fuck I'm so high as balls right now, Morty...
>>
>>37386367
There was never any reason to live so why are you so bothered by it now?

The only one who can put value into things is yourself. Meaning is what is meant by something. Only humans can possess meaning.

At the end of the day it's just if you can live with yourself and the choices you've made.
>>
File: Sisyphus.png (116KB, 500x614px) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus.png
116KB, 500x614px
>>37387228
Can someone explain to me why this guy is being shilled so much?
>>
>>37386367
Well, you're looking at being a nihilist all wrong. The way I see it, if there genuinely isn't anything after this then why waste my time not getting that sweet dopamine to hit the receptors in my brain for as long as possible while my brain is still capable of doing it? Literally, nothing else is worth pursuing in your pathetic little life but long-term happiness for you and the people around you, and if nothing really matters then fuck ups are meaningless as well so why bother not trying?
>>
File: Atmosphere.jpg (552KB, 1834x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Atmosphere.jpg
552KB, 1834x1440px
>>37387228
>You'll find that to be selfless is incredibly selfish because the positive results from doing so will benefit you greatly.

Learnt this lately. This is the Golden Rule for success in this reality.
>>
>>37388018
They're usually literally children or have the minds of children in an adult body.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.