[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting medschool at 29

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 9oFi8o6.jpg (162KB, 600x3031px) Image search: [Google]
9oFi8o6.jpg
162KB, 600x3031px
I'm happy but I should have gotten in at 20 or something. There's people who start medschool older than me. I know someone who started medschool at 33

I just feel like i don't have enough experience, wasted years being an immature shut-in "NEET" with crippling depression before i decided to get my shit together few years ago.

Tbh i don't have much to do here,this place is toxic and holds people back but if there's any lurker here, did any of you "start your life" really late?
>>
>>37384519
>my real life hasn't started yet

But that's true my dear anime picture.
>>
Do you mean starting from scratch, or you do have a post-HS diploma?
>>
>>37384568
good job I'm 26 and haven't done anything I'm stuck by my nihilism
>>
>>37384519
I'm a sophomore now. How are my odds?
>graduating a year early
>will have potentially 1000 hrs of research before applying
>3.5 GPA as of now, aiming for 3.7
>300 hrs of community service
>musician for years

I'm volunteering at a hospital now.
>>
>>37384599
dunno how it works in the united states but i got a post HS diploma, "health sciences" (which is pretty much pre-med)
>>
>>37384658
no idea, i live in canada and my province has a different system. They don't care THAT much about extra curricular
>>
>>37384660
What country are you from anyway? You can't be that much of a sperg if you passed an interview.
>>
>>37384599
Also, I'm also going back to college....at 32
>>
>>37384660
Is that a bachelor's degree?
>>
>>37384658
Med school admissions is nuts from what I've heard. 2 buddies of mine had 3.9s, 90th+ percentile MCAT scores, and fairly impressive extracurricular and didn't get into a single one of like the 15 or so schools they applied to
>>
>>37384727
college
>>37384702
canada
>>
>>37384519
Hey OP, what anime?

On a related note, I'm happy for you. Trying to get my life in order at 21 and posts like this give me hope.
>>
>>37384798
as long as you're not a /pol/ miserable racist bitch, there's still hope
>>
Maybe you can look into finance. Community college is free for 2 years and uni should be 20k for the last 2 years. Med school is 4+4+3 residency. You will be 40 when you're done or you could just do 4 years business and probably make more money.
>>
File: comfy NEET pepe.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
comfy NEET pepe.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>37384519
Good for you senpai. I'm thirty fucking one years old and also wasted a good chunk if not the best years of my life, pretty much a decade. I'm going to study audio engineering but that won't be until next year at the earliest.

I've at least broken all of my shitty habits and I'm getting out of the NEET meme.

Personally I've only been a NEET for 3 years, and the 7 years before that were a mix of working part-time and burning all my money on dumb bullshit, and being the eternal student at night time community college courses learning like 90s html and photoshop for retards.

I also don't post on this webzone any more that much. Just during the evening. Shit used to take up seriously 14 hours of my days.
>>
>>37384881
I think he said he already has a bachelor's so it's more like two years>>37384897
>>
>>37384897
>I also don't post on this webzone any more that much. Just during the evening. Shit used to take up seriously 14 hours of my days.

i never come here, only came here to make this thread. 4chan is a toxic shithole that can easily keep you down or drain you
>>
>>37384781
I'm black too
>>
>>37384881
Also med school will be 300k+ compared to 20k. So you will have to work 2 years 60 hours a week just to pay off loans. Wheras with finance, you spend only 4 year of life. If you were to do finance(easy peasy)instead of med, you would save 280k and 7 years of your life where you will spend all day in the library instead of hanging with friends. I drive lyft and this one physician told me he hated work and switched to finance. Also my family friend did finance and she retired, she used her finance and money skills to manage 36 real estate properties. She makes more than surgeons.
>>
>>37384960
You'll probably get in everywhere then
>>
>>37384658
Worst case scenario you might consider DO or lie about your dream of becoming a country doctor. I'm in Mississippi and sometimes regret not going for physician. Apparently your get bumped to the top of the list if you agree to work rural areas and pick a boring field like family or internist. They even pay for your education.

I went the nursing route and a paki MD friend said he almost regrets not being a nurse. It was a bizarre conversation, but seeing as nurses are making 6 figure salaries now it doesn't seem that much of a downgrade. A buddy of mine went to CA and makes over $100/hr, that's better than what some physicians here make.
>>
>>37384833
>hey anon!
>glad to see you made it for the interview
>before we start, why do you want to be a doctor and are you a /pol/ miserable racist bitch?
>>
File: 1488118970417.jpg (55KB, 564x677px) Image search: [Google]
1488118970417.jpg
55KB, 564x677px
>>37384519
im only 23 but im already tired of my current life
vidya and 4chan are no longer fun enough
i think i should try to make the best out cards i was dealt desppite how bad they are
considering going back to uni but don't know which field yet
i feel really dumb after 4 years break
>>
>>37384945
Absolutely. 10 years ago I found 4chan and 10 years ago my life started going downhill fast. It was funny and ironic and all that at first but eventually you end up coming here to make fun of other people who are worse off or just different from you where you can only make yourself feel good that at least you're not Chris Chan or Nick bates.
>>
>>37384973
>>37384881

I'm not OP, but I don't think he's doing it for the money. I would think that he actually wants to be some sort of doctor.
>>
>>37384519
do you live in the US? i went to a private US MD school for 1 semester and then dropped out because it was the most soul-sucking and miserable thing ive ever endured.

now im getting my masters in accounting @ 28 years old.

good luck.
>>
>>37385163
>vidya and 4chan are no longer fun enough

Check out this other thread

>>37385329
>>
Your life didn't start now, it's ending. Say good-bye to any little bit of freedom you may have.
With that said, there's nothing wrong with starting medschool at your age. The oldest I know of is a 40 year old who has children and a PhD. You're probably more mature and resilient and all that.

t. 4th year who made the mistake of starting medschool at 18
>>
I dropped out of high school as a senior due to drug addiction, I didn't really accomplish anything the first 18 years of my life. Got sober at 19, had sex and got my first job at a casual diner. I was supremely introverted and only took the job because i needed something to keep my mind off drugs. Three years later i'm working at one of the nicest restaurants in my city and can bring between $400 and $500 home for a full days work. I still haven't had a girlfriend in almost 2 years but thats a work in progress.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.