[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you consider yourself intelligent?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: dumbwojak.png (103KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
dumbwojak.png
103KB, 1250x1250px
do you consider yourself intelligent?
>>
Compared to everyone else around me? Yes.

Compared to the highest measurements of human ability? No.
>>
>>37381999
Nice trips.

Also, I have an IQ of 143 but I live alone in a one-bedroom shithouse and post on imageboards all day. So I don't really see any true intellect in me.
>>
Not really. I like to make people think I'm smart, without being upfront about it. Most of the people I know think I'm some kind of genius, but actually I do a lot of stupid shit.
>>
I always thought I was smart but I realized in my 20s that I was just surrounded by retards for most of my youth.
>>
>>37381999

Yeah. I did really well in school and I'm really rich.

Saying that I thought I was average would just be flat out lying
>>
>>37381999
I'm intelligent enough to know I that I really am not very intelligent at all.
>>
>>37381999
>failed college algebra 5 times
>next semester will make it 6
>calc 2 required for degree

Straight Bs in science courses though
>>
I don't know. In highschool I ended up getting into the 99th percentile for the standardized tests, as well as several 5s for AP exams, and in uni I got an A in organic chemistry. I had several professors ask me to be a TA... Still haven't graduated undergrad yet.
I excel in school and work when I'm stable, but I'm hardly ever stable, which usually ends up meaning failure in courses or termination of employment.
As far as I can tell, raw ability means very, very little. So I guess I'm a retard.
>>
>>37381999
Not in the useful sense. I'm depressively realistic. I see no point to life and humanning. Don't even care if relatives get offended from my suicide, I'm just agoraphobic. Being a neet is the only existence I will value.
I am aware that my perception merely comes from my past experiences, and this might not correspond to other human being. so this might be a biased viewpoint. But fuck it. From my point of view, there's no point to life.
People like to think that your conscious experience is a circle that grows when you age, and you see that those big things that affect your perception get smaller in relation to others, explaining depression, negative thinking, etc.
Guess what? That circles gonna pop anyway and everything's gonna go away. So let's cut to the chase and pop it instead of delaying the inevitable.
>>
No, that's a big reason why i'm insecure, apart from being ugly ect

>tfw you will always be a dumb brainlet
>>
>>
>>37381999
I consider myself moderately intelligent. I'm no too special though.
>>
Yes. I know I'm smarter than most people, but that matters very little. I wish it was useful as I don't really have anything else going for me, but it really isn't.
>>
File: heidegger-well.jpg (162KB, 800x1082px) Image search: [Google]
heidegger-well.jpg
162KB, 800x1082px
Alright. If you guys are so smart explain Heidegger's philosophy to me
>>
>>37381999
I don't know
Some teachers told me I am but I don't think so
>>
>>37381999
Checked.

No, I'm pretty dumb.
>>
i did before i started college now i feal like a retard
>>
no im probably average. maybe slightly above.
>>
>>37383895
he is a phenomenologist, which means he pays attention to his experience. Phenomenology studies being and not the "objective world that is out there". He believed that philosophy went wrong from the time of ancient Greece and wanted to revolutionize the field by going in with a new set of axioms. As far as I can tell, Buddhists have been doing phenomenology for thousands of years and is a better source for this kind of stuff.
>>
>>37381999
No, I'm just a tiny bit above average. I can impress normies with the things I know, but the second I'm around someone who genuinely has a bbc brain, I can't complete.
>>
File: apoo.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
apoo.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>37381999
I generally got good grades in school and I don't really have trouble understanding abstract concepts, but the speed at which I actually think and process information seems a lot slower than everybody else. If I took an IQ test I have a feeling I'd score pretty low just because I would take too long to answer the questions.
>>
the difference between human 80iq and human 160 iq is basically nothing in the grand scope of intelligence especially when you look at actual tangible behavior and motivation within the range of iq
>>
I don't care. I don't wether I'm intelligent or dumb, it doesn't matter. I have friends who brag about their intelligence all the time and they're using drugs left and right, I know people who create intricate electrical machines in their spare time but who can't approach anyone. I know people who code their own programs but don't know how to fix a bike.

I'm smart enough. I figured out where I am in life and I figured out where I want to go.

That said, people have often told me I'm smart because I learn quickly and I'm very good with language which makes me appear smart at least. Like I said, I don't put much value to it. One hundred years from now I'll be under the same ground everyone else is. We're all equal in the aspects that matter.
>>
File: 1480496207649.jpg (1MB, 1700x4999px) Image search: [Google]
1480496207649.jpg
1MB, 1700x4999px
>>37382039
This. If you have some level of intelligence you can't help but realize how dumb you really are.
>>
>>37381999
Growing up, i thought i was smart, but after starting college I realized I was just average. Everyone around me was just super retarded so it made me look like a fucking genius by comparison.
>>
>>37384302
Good point...
especially when you look at behaviour..
but it does make a big difference for being a
"sophisticated human"
>>
>>37381999
having no opinions and beliefs about anything makes me feel pretty dumb. but i would say i'm good at putting two and two together.
>>
File: 310524.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
310524.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Above average probably but no genius by any means
>>
>>37381999
yes but im too lazy to accomplish anything
>>
File: 1480267472058.png (89KB, 224x966px) Image search: [Google]
1480267472058.png
89KB, 224x966px
>>37384581
>tfw smart but lazy xD
>>
>>37382125
i dont remember posting this

aboriginal
>>
>>37384302
um excuse me, what kind of expertise do you have in human intelligence? 80 is far below average and near intellectual disability. 160 is profoundly gifted (think prolific/successful scientists). dont even try to fucking rationalize it dumbass, you have no idea what youre talking about. sure the intellectual discrepancy between an individual of 160 to 150 will be determined by other factors, but youre still way off base here.
>>
>>37384690
the grand scope of intelligence isn't bound to human limits

and my expertise is 200iq
>>
Yeah in fact I'm so intellegent I realise how stupid it is to fight for what it means to be intellegent.

An efficient concsiousness can really be anything to anyone.
>>
>>37384711
>200iq
>spends his days shitposting on a Taiwanese brass-welding support group
>>
compared to the average american?
above average but not wildly

compared to other people who had the advantages I was born into?
well below average
>>
>>37384711
>the grand scope of intelligence isnt bound to humans limits

then what do you fucking mean by intelligence!!!!

>200iq

ok. im sorry, i didnt realize this was bait. i thought you were actually just an idiot and not trolling
>>
>>37384166
Fuck man I feel you. I'm really afraid to do one, just to realise I'm a brainlet.
I guess this isn't a problem for people who think they are intelligent and/or where never told they are.
But I'm also kinda like this guy: >>37382125 .
There are so many of my friends who think I'm smart while I really don't. I think, that if I would do a test I might loose the last piece of doubt that after all I might not be THAT stupid.
>>
I like to think I'm more so than the average person. I've watched documentaries (before they got fucking Americanized) for years and spent a lot of time in the library when I was younger because friends backstabbed me desu.

However this wide logical perspective came at the price of having little emotional and social building. Thus I only found myself outside of this grey, nonchalant state once for any long period of time. Yet eventually that passed.
>>
>>37381999
i consider myself more intelligent than the majority of people i meet. part of this is that my ego has been inflated by being recognized as gifted (as per my WAIS-IV in highschool) and part of it is because i can pretty easily prove that im smarter than others (i.e. problem solving, response speed, and overall cognition). i have an awful memory which makes me feel inferior in a lot of situations but i can usually compensate so heavily in other areas that it doesnt matter.
>>
>>37381999
No but everyone around me does.
I don't understand why
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.